What Gets You Out Caching?

GroundClutter

I'm returning to caching after a long drought. I got back into the game because I was feeling overwhelmed with work and home issues and needed some "me"/"alone" time. Caching gives me a chance to clear my head and clarify things while getting some fresh air. It allows me to get away from the TV and the blasted computer, both of which seem to play too important a role in my life right now. :)

So about you? What gets you out the door and hunting caches?

You live in the same city I do Eric? lol When you find the fame and fortune let me know.

The need to move my butt off a chair and get some fresh air is the main motivation although the desire to explore new areas and go places I've never been before is right up there too. Plus I like the feeling I get when I finally find a cache. [:laughing:]

I'm returning to caching after a long drought. I got back into the game because I was feeling overwhelmed with work and home issues and needed some "me"/"alone" time. Caching gives me a chance to clear my head and clarify things while getting some fresh air. It allows me to get away from the TV and the blasted computer, both of which seem to play too important a role in my life right now. :D

So about you? What gets you out the door and hunting caches?

Just reading these boards is more than enough to get me in the mood. I almost have to stop myself from checking them while at work because I know I'll end up spending the rest of the day staring at the clock waiting for the the boss to open my "cage" so I can get out and do some caching.

We're new to this. Good friends in Ontario introduced us to this when they met up with us during our LONG move from Colorado to Nova Scotia. The girls love looking for "treasure" and it gets us all out together having fun and talking. What a wonderful pass time.

I'm off internet poker, off my lazy butt and down 25 lbs without even trying. I started in August and have been out caching every weekend, and cache my way home from work (and sometimes TO work) almost every day. Then I started hiding my own caches and it's almost as addicting as finding them.

the reasons why I dropped out for a while is some back troubles and some needed vehicle maintenance. since my back injury I've dropped a few pounds, but it still hurts me once in a while, my truck still needs some repairs so it can't go on long trips.

the reason I got back into it is my first trip to Florida in a few days, so I figured to grab a few travel bugs from caches, Boy I forgot how much I love the game. I can't wait to see how Florida hides their caches.

Edited by LoneHowler

the reasons why I dropped out for a while is some back troubles and some needed vehicle maintenance. since my back injury I've dropped a few pounds, but it still hurts me once in a while, my truck still needs some repairs so it can't go on long trips.

the reason I got back into it is my first trip to Florida in a few days, so I figured to grab a few travel bugs from caches, Boy I forgot how much I love the game. I can't wait to see how Florida hides their caches.

They hide them primarially in lamp-posts every 150Ms.

Biggest problem with a lot of US caching is finding a container big enough to actually PUT a TB in!