Time Delay

I noticed this is your fist cache hide, great. So many times new cachers wait way too long before hiding their first. As menetioned above the cache reviews usually do a great job or reading and reviewing the cache pages prior to publishing. That does take some time. I have never had a cache take longer than 24 hours to get published, more often less than 12.

I put a new cache out today, (my first) and have had an Email to say that it will take up to 72 hours to be released on the site.

Two questions:

1. Why does it take so long?

2. Why cant it be instant?

Well it's published now. That was a quick 72 hours! <_<

P.S. Congratulations on managing to publicise your first cache on the forum before it's even published. <_<

Edited by The Bongtwashes

I put a new cache out today, (my first) and have had an Email to say that it will take up to 72 hours to be released on the site.

Two questions:

1. Why does it take so long?

2. Why cant it be instant?

It's now been published.

Two more going out tomorrow including a FTF TDF

#1 Why should he remove the MO option?

We have had this debate a couple of times recently. Perhaps it would be best to dig that thread out rather than cover old ground again here.

{ps. I'm on Golem's side :o }

I know we have had the debate on MO caches etc, my question was "WHY should he remove the MO option", just because The Golem says he should?

Okay, he's found yours but that's because YOU don't have the option! There's no Fair or unfair debate here AND this is not duplicating any thread that has gone before. We know that as PM, you have the choice. non-PM's don't. End of story.

{PS. I'm on no-ones side :)}

Just a brief explanation for Johnmelad.

There are currently 2 Reviewers for the UK, my self and Lactodorum (the third UK reviewer is on a well deserved sabbatical). We give our time on a voluntary basis to check each cache before it is listed, to insure that it meets the Guidelines and also any Landowner Placement Agreements.

As soon as you submit a cache the system automatically generates the email and sends it. 72 hours is the maximum that Groundspeak (the owners of GC) believe anyone should wait to have a cache initially reviewed (note not published), if 72 hours after you submitted the cache for review you have not heard from either of us, then you should contact either one of us to ask for a explanation why.

Dependant on the time of day, and the day of the week, and also how many caches are in the reviewer queue, caches are usually seen within 12 hours of being submitted. Often even quicker.

Deceangi

I submitted my first cache yesterday and Deceangi reviewed it within the hour! i was very surprised (as i did expect the 72 hours), I had already gone to bed because i thought it'd be couple of days before it'd get approved!

If i had all those cache to view on a voluntery basis, trust me, it'd be way longer than 72 hours turn around! Thank you for all your hard work! (and thank you for aproving my cache :))

Dependant on the time of day, and the day of the week, and also how many caches are in the reviewer queue, caches are usually seen within 12 hours of being submitted. Often even quicker.

Deceangi

I can only sing the reviewers praises (all 3) since all my caches have received very prompt attention, even one which was unusual and needed some thinking about. Then there was the one that didn't need a GPS at all! :P

I put two new Erratic Rocks caches out yesterday. Last night one of mine took about 15 mins. The other was outrageously slow - not until this morning. I think Deceangi must have gone to bed :laughing:

From the stuff in the forums, we seem to have a lot less problems than the Americans. This must be down to the quality of the reviewers (and probably the cachers!). Thanks! :lol:

John, if you wish to make a members only cache, do just that, don't feel you have to sway one way or another just because ...

On a different note, have you seen the Attributes option on your cache page? It should be there on the top right list and it allows you to select the little avatars to represent various features of the cache.

Having looked at the cache page, it looks like it might be wheelchair friendly, have you considered rating the cache at the handicaching website? That way, the detailed info about the terrain is in the public domain for those who might need it. Seems to me, in an area like Cumbria a wheelchair accessible cache might be somewhat of a novelty.

Good luck with future cache hides.

On a different note, have you seen the Attributes option on your cache page? It should be there on the top right list and it allows you to select the little avatars to represent various features of the cache.

Having looked at the cache page, it looks like it might be wheelchair friendly, have you considered rating the cache at the handicaching website? That way, the detailed info about the terrain is in the public domain for those who might need it. Seems to me, in an area like Cumbria a wheelchair accessible cache might be somewhat of a novelty.

Good luck with future cache hides.

Thanks for that, I did not notice the attributes thingy, have edited my caches and will make good use of them in the future.