Will Newer Versions Of City Navigator Find Streets

rynd

I have a 76cs with City navigator v4.01. Sometimes I need to go places where I don't know or the GPS doesn't recognize the exact street address. Many times all I need to find is the street itself, but v4 won't allow you to search for just the street without an address or a cross street/intersection. I realize That if I tried to find a major highway or interstate that it is going to cover a lot of territory but it could easily be narrowed down by searching within a city or preferably for my needs within a county. Does anybody know if newer versions will do this.

Thanks in advance: RyND

Don't have a 76CS, but on my receivers using either MetroGuide or CitySelect I just enter a '0' as the street number and then hit FIND to locate the street. Don't think there's any way to just specify the county, but you can enter the city or the zip code.

But there have been significant updates to the maps since version 4.01 so you might want to upgrade in any event.

Don't have a 76CS, but on my receivers using either MetroGuide or CitySelect I just enter a '0' as the street number and then hit FIND to locate the street. Don't think there's any way to just specify the county, but you can enter the city or the zip code.

But there have been significant updates to the maps since version 4.01 so you might want to upgrade in any event.

I hadn't tried just entering 0 . I have tried numbers near an address if the GPS didn't recognize the one entered, and I have tried just making one up if I didn't know it, but nether method has work. I'll try the 0 method when I get the chance.

I do plan to upgrade I just don't have the money to spend now.

Thanks for the reply and idea.