How Long Does A Trade Last?

The Moop Along

I made a coin trade with a cacher back on March 21st of this year. It was a (4) for (4) trade, with me having (1) in hand, and the other cacher (1) as well. I mailed off my (4) coins together in the first week of May, and I had previously received the (1) coin from the other cacher. I stopped getting email correspondence from this cacher after that.

Now I see that cacher selling the very coins I am awaiting online. <_< How the heck does that work?

Anyone have any suggestions? <_<

I would contact the person every way possible....PM here, email and if they are selling them on eBay through there. To remind them about the trades that you had set up. The probably just forgot.

Are they selling the coins they got from you in trade or the coins they are supposed to send you in the trade?

I would contact the person every way possible....PM here, email and if they are selling them on eBay through there. To remind them about the trades that you had set up. The probably just forgot.

Are they selling the coins they got from you in trade or the coins they are supposed to send you in the trade?

Unfortuately, they didn't forget. I have sent them many messages, through multiple sites. I wish it was that easy. <_<

Now that you mention it, I first noticed them selling the coins they owe me. But, with a little research, they also sold the ones I traded them. <_<

I guess at this point I would just consider your coins a donation to that cacher and be done with it. It's not worth getting too worked up over. Just put that cacher on your no trade list and consider it a lesson learned.

Personally, I think it is awesome that there are so few problems with trades considering how many trades happen. Geocachers/geocoin collectors are pretty cool people.

--Marky

I guess at this point I would just consider your coins a donation to that cacher and be done with it. It's not worth getting too worked up over. Just put that cacher on your no trade list and consider it a lesson learned.

Personally, I think it is awesome that there are so few problems with trades considering how many trades happen. Geocachers/geocoin collectors are pretty cool people.

--Marky

I already donated plenty of coins to this cacher . . . <_<<_<

Oh, just tell us who it is. <_<

Let us help you get your coins. <_<

I think bad traders/seller should be "outed". There have been a lot of unaccountable shady goings on around here lately. What one individual may deem to be an "isolated" incident may actually be a pattern of misbehavior.

I think bad traders/seller should be "outed". There have been a lot of unaccountable shady goings on around here lately. What one individual may deem to be an "isolated" incident may actually be a pattern of misbehavior.

I agree, however, it violates the forum guidelines when you out the person, unfortunitely.

Well that is unfortunate. I am sorry you had a trade go bad. Just know that the other person will have to live with the wrong they have done. Like Marky said put them on a bad trader list.

I would probably send them one more communication letting them know that you noticed they had sold the traded coins and you were so looking forward to getting them in trade. Also tell them that you hope they enjoy the profit they made of the coins you sent them in trade.

I agree, however, it violates the forum guidelines when you out the person, unfortunitely.

That's carp. It should be a violation of guidelines to go bunk on trade/sale. After all if gc.com allows people to promote the SALES of their gc.com trackable coins why can't they allow the issues? You gotta take the good with the bad. The geocoinstore.com was getting bashed (I know I started the thread) and it wasnt a violation. The Wyoming coin guy was outed. If I knew in advance that a trader was having issues with more than one individual or personal problems, I wouldn't have bought that coin that I never got.

When the trade is set up both cachers should have the coins in hand. Then if you give them a week to get them mailed and a week to receive them that should be plenty of time.

If a cacher is trading what they don't have then you are at the mercy of them ever getting the coin they don't have and in the time frame they may get it in and that's assuming they are honest. If they are waiting on a Wyoming coin it may take forever. Cachers should not trade what they don't have in hand. If they trade what they don't have in hand, the other half of the trade should sit on their coin and wait.

So, two weeks is reasonable for anywhere in the USA. Longer for international trades. If a trade involves coins that they don't have, who the heck knows what is reasonable? The trade really wasn't reasonable to begin with though.

Cachers should not trade what they don't have in hand. If they trade what they don't have in hand, the other half of the trade should sit on their coin and wait.

I would agree this is the safest way to go. I have done several trades that involved coins I was waiting to receive, but I only set up the trade ahead of time to reserve what I wanted. I didn't send any coins till I had them all, and I didn't expect (or want) the other party to send any until I could do the same.

There is also a Yahoo group set up to "out" shady traders...

There is?

Yep! <_<

But I didn't want to tell you about it since you are on it...

Just kidding! <_<

Unfortunately, I unsubscribed from the group, and I can't find it now. However, I know the owners of the group frequent the forums here, so if they know you are interested, I'm sure they will contact you.

Yep! <_<

Just kidding! <_<

Unfortunately, I unsubscribed from the group, and I can't find it now. However, I know the owners of the group frequent the forums here, so if they know you are interested, I'm sure they will contact you.

I checked out both groups. Had to join the one to see anything. Neither had anything to see anyway.

Yep! <_<

Just kidding! <_<

I checked out both groups. Had to join the one to see anything. Neither had anything to see anyway.

Well, that was the reason I originally unsubscribed. There was nothing there. I guess nobody wanted to be the first to "out" anyone...

Was the GWIV event attendance different from the GWIV event coin that was sold? If not, I have an extra I'd be glad to give you. I know it's not the harder one to get, but hey, free coin! <_< If you want, I can include it in with my side of our trade that I haven't mailed off yet.

--Marky

What coins are you waiting for?

I am awaiting three coins, GWIV event attendance, GWIV Volunteer, and GWIV committee (if it was actually minted)

I've just been made aware that this promise was made to at least one other person.

Actually at least two others, and all three of us sit here and watch our coins slip away. . .

And since the committee coin wasn't minted, I'm much happier to only be out two coins <_< (thanks for the info BTW)

Lastly, Marky, if you feel the need to pitch in the GWIV coin, I would gladly accept it. It is the same coin. thanks a bunch.

Now, who pitching in the Volunteer?? <_<

Lastly, Marky, if you feel the need to pitch in the GWIV coin, I would gladly accept it. It is the same coin. thanks a bunch.

Will do, no problem. Just to show that there are some nice traders to balance out the not so nice traders, I'll throw in an antique bronze M&J nano cache geocoin, an antique copper DNF (1 of 10 made), and an antique nickel DNF (1 of 10 made) since I know you like antique coins. <_<

--Marky

Could somebody please send me the link? I've had not one, not two, but three trades go very badly. I've even sent a hand-written letter via snail mail to the woman who didn't send me her end of the trade. And still nothing.... and the guy in Germany who won't send me his LE as promised keeps saying, "I'll send it right now." whenever I send him a reminder, but so far no coin.... I'd really like to out these people.... My intention being to warn others to avoid a bad trade with them....