Garmin Cx Series, Will The Unt Acept Anything Higher Than 256mb Ca?

Hello, all.

I haven't been around a while, stopping in for a quick question.

I just recieved the Garmin Legend CX as a present. I was wondering if the unit will acept(regonized)memory card higher than 256mb. They have 512mb Micro SD for $25 and a 1gb for $35. I know on Garmins website it says it will take upto 256mb.

I did a search and didn't get an answer, so I figure you guys/gals will be faster to answer than Garmin.

Thanx Team ECO Cache.

The 60C(S)x and 76C(S)x accept all sizes of microSD cards; I imagine the Legend Cx will too. It is accessed as a FAT-formatted filesystem, so in theory cards up to 2GB should work. Has anyone tried formatting a card as FAT32 to see if the Garmin units recognize it?

Hello, all.

I haven't been around a while, stopping in for a quick question.

I just recieved the Garmin Legend CX as a present. I was wondering if the unit will acept(regonized)memory card higher than 256mb. They have 512mb Micro SD for $25 and a 1gb for $35. I know on Garmins website it says it will take upto 256mb.

I did a search and didn't get an answer, so I figure you guys/gals will be faster to answer than Garmin.

Thanx Team ECO Cache.

Hello there...I have a Legend CX with a 512 mb card, loaded to the brim with maps of the eastern USA and Canada using Mapsource City Navigator version 7, and it works like a charm. No problems whatsoever. Gor for it!!

They'll handle up to 2gb from what Garmin's tech support guy told me. And hey, I just noticed that the 64mb microSD card I removed (to go to 1gb) from my new 60CSX is a Sandisk! I'm surprised, I figured they would have it re-branded as a Garmin microSD so they could justify charging more for their optional larger capacity SD and microSD cards! <_<

Just don't use the SanDisk Ultra II microSD cards. SanDisk makes great products, but the Ultra line seems to mess up the x-series Garmins.

I've used a 1gb Ultra II card in my new Legend CX for a month, and no problem at all. Took it on a 2800 mile trip through the Blueridge mountain area. Never a hiccup. I have the entire eastern US loaded on it (almost 800 mb).

Perhaps it's a problem wtih the 76 or 60.

Dean

I think what they meant but "upto 256mb" is that they're only going to make Garmin branded memory cards up to 256mb. Since some people are brand eliteists and will only buy Garmin cards (at a markup) for their Garmin device.

As far as the Ultra II microSD, I've only heard of the problem with 76Cx, 76CSx, 60Cx and 60CSx. Could be it's a problem that doesn't affect ALL the x models?

- LC

SOLD

Thank You for all the FB, I am going to pick up a 1GB this sun.

Staples will have a sale on Micro SD this Sun 7/16

SanDisk 1GB Micro SD™ memory card $64.98 - $20 instant savings - $10 easy rebate = $34.98.

SanDisk® 512MB Micro SD™ memory card $44.98 - $10 instant savings - $10 easy rebate = $24.98.

And use this 12% coupon

http://www.hotdealsclub.com/text/staples108/staples.pdf

Oh just notice it can't be use until 7/23.

Well hope that will help someone.

Edited by Team ECO Cache

That's a sweet deal! I already have a 512MB and a 1.0GB (plus the 64MB that came with the unit). I'm tempted to buy another 1.0GB at that price, but then they'll probably be down to $15.00 in a year or so. 1.0GB holds a lot of maps! :)

Edited by Neo_Geo