I Need A Good Mount For My Vehicle

I bought one of these ( http://www.ram-mount.com/index_files/ramb166ga20.jpg ) for my 60cx and you could swing on the twist-on suction attachment without pulling it off. I switch it from car to car so the removable suction cup thinging is great! The mounts are made of inter-changeable components so it was a great value because I was able to puchase a ball mount for my bike and one for my boat and can switch the GPS mount around with ease.

I bought one of these ( http://www.ram-mount.com/index_files/ramb166ga20.jpg ) for my 60cx and you could swing on the twist-on suction attachment without pulling it off. I switch it from car to car so the removable suction cup thinging is great! The mounts are made of inter-changeable components so it was a great value because I was able to puchase a ball mount for my bike and one for my boat and can switch the GPS mount around with ease.

I have used the same setup for the last few years with my MeriPlat...works great. I just ordered a cradle for my new 76CSX this am....

I have used the same setup for the last few years with my MeriPlat...works great. I just ordered a cradle for my new 76CSX this am....

Don't be surprised if the RAM cradle for the 76CSx destroys the rubber on the edges of your GPSr. It did on my 76CS. I put the unit into and out of the cradle a zillion times geocaching and traveling and the way that the 76 model cradle works it totally destroyed the rubber on my unit. I got it repaired by Garmin (they did it under warranty for free even though I told them why it was messed up!) and then got the Garmin cradle adapter for the RAM mount. It lets you use the RAM mounting system but use the Garmin cradle that is made for the 76 series and doesn't mess up the unit. The only down side is that you have to buy the entire Garmin auto mount in order to remove the cradle from it to use with the adapter and the RAM mount. I did it anyway and I am extremely happy with the result.

You can view the cradle adapter here: Garmin cradle adapter for RAM mounts

Don't be surprised if the RAM cradle for the 76CSx destroys the rubber on the edges of your GPSr. It did on my 76CS. I put the unit into and out of the cradle a zillion times geocaching and traveling and the way that the 76 model cradle works it totally destroyed the rubber on my unit. I got it repaired by Garmin (they did it under warranty for free even though I told them why it was messed up!) and then got the Garmin cradle adapter for the RAM mount. It lets you use the RAM mounting system but use the Garmin cradle that is made for the 76 series and doesn't mess up the unit. The only down side is that you have to buy the entire Garmin auto mount in order to remove the cradle from it to use with the adapter and the RAM mount. I did it anyway and I am extremely happy with the result.

You can view the cradle adapter here: Garmin cradle adapter for RAM mounts

You are right about some wear n tear.... I did see some wear on the MeriPlat, but not too bad...I will watch this one also...I might get the Garmin one later.