Bug - Nearby Waymarks No Longer Being Reported?

A waymark was submitted to one of the categories I manage (Grave of a Famous Person) today and I approved it. I later received an email from the person who submitted the waymark - they noticed that a waymark had already been placed for that particular grave.

The coordinates for the two submittals differed by just over 100 feet. Neither I, nor the person who submitted the second waymark, ever saw anything during the submittal/approval process indicating nearby waymarks. I know that I used to see these messages for nearby (within a mile) waymarks - have the messages been intentionally removed, or is this a bug?

A waymark was submitted to one of the categories I manage (Grave of a Famous Person) today and I approved it. I later received an email from the person who submitted the waymark - they noticed that a waymark had already been placed for that particular grave.

The coordinates for the two submittals differed by just over 100 feet. Neither I, nor the person who submitted the second waymark, ever saw anything during the submittal/approval process indicating nearby waymarks. I know that I used to see these messages for nearby (within a mile) waymarks - have the messages been intentionally removed, or is this a bug?

I have also noticed same thing on two recent submissions. No warning for either the submitter or the approver.