Those Waypoint Secrete Codes?

:( I see a lot of those "Letter" waypoint codes now.... I don't even know where to start figuring them out :( I seen one today "hEOEiOL" "BShOgSh" what's this? Where can I go to get some info on these codes? I tryed to use like "h"= 8 amybe like there are 26 letters in the alphabet....Nope that didn't work. Anyway I have seen a lot of waypoint codes around here and don't even know where to start? PUZZELEDlon726@comcast.net

:) I see a lot of those "Letter" waypoint codes now.... I don't even know where to start figuring them out :o I seen one today "hEOEiOL" "BShOgSh" what's this? Where can I go to get some info on these codes? I tryed to use like "h"= 8 amybe like there are 26 letters in the alphabet....Nope that didn't work. Anyway I have seen a lot of waypoint codes around here and don't even know where to start? PUZZELEDlon726@comcast.net

How about a link to an example?

:) I see a lot of those "Letter" waypoint codes now.... I don't even know where to start figuring them out :o I seen one today "hEOEiOL" "BShOgSh" what's this? Where can I go to get some info on these codes? I tryed to use like "h"= 8 amybe like there are 26 letters in the alphabet....Nope that didn't work. Anyway I have seen a lot of waypoint codes around here and don't even know where to start?

Different puzzle caches use a different letter-to-number code, so you have to approach each one as a clean slate. Some of them will be based on A=1, B=2, etc. Others might be based on the shapes of the letters. Sometimes I find these puzzles so confusing I don't know whether down is up.

dave

Sometimes you are not looking for numbers. What little clue you gave us uses upper and lower case letters. That suggest something other than a a=1 b=2 c=3 type code. A link to the cache page or some more detail might be in order. Though if this is a puzzle cache look for some hints not someone to solve it for you.

My guess is that the OP is under the mistaken belief that a cache page's GUID is somehow relevant to the cache. The letter combination immediately reminded me of the random gibberish found in GUID's.

Nah, he's got over ninety cache already. I wouldn't assume that at all.

The actual cache reads just that way: GCX373

Another one that might have reminded him of it, was this one: GCWF4J

Original Poster:

The general concensus in the forums is that it's better to ask the cache owner for hints. The cache owner in this case has even asked on the cache page that you email them for help. I would start there first (Although I do want to add that I personally like to brainstorm with other people who have not found the cache already to try to figure out what to do--I think that is more sporting and more fun than just emailing the person that I know has the answer. Sometimes the cache ower tries so hard to be helpful that they end up giving it away without meaning to. It spoils the fun a little bit).

Edited by Team Neos

:D I see a lot of those "Letter" waypoint codes now.... I don't even know where to start figuring them out :D I seen one today "hEOEiOL" "BShOgSh" what's this? Where can I go to get some info on these codes? I tryed to use like "h"= 8 amybe like there are 26 letters in the alphabet....Nope that didn't work. Anyway I have seen a lot of waypoint codes around here and don't even know where to start? PUZZELEDlon726@comcast.net

Well, you are hitting on a sensitive area here. The only time I ever tried secreting a code, it was on a sidewalk in Brooklyn, NY, near the Greenpoint section, outside a shoe repair store and near a McDonald's franchise, at about 1:00 PM, and when I was halfway through secreting the code, a very nice policewoman walked up to me and asked me to put my clothes back on and to please stop secreting things on the sidewalk. She was very nice (and also very cute), and so I agreed to do so. I have never secreted a code since then. Sometimes, however, when I have a cold (hmm... yes, that DOES sound a bit like "code"), I secrete mucous from my upper respiratory tract and even my eyes may even secrete excess tears. But no codes. Sorry.

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team

Being the only finder for that cache that has any kind of a signifigant log, I don't think I gave it away. If you are trying to solve the puzzle and have the right idea, then my log might mean something.

In fact, as usual, the cache hider has given a very signifigant hint in the body of the cache description: As a bonus, see how many words you can spell with this method.

Deane

AKA: DeRock & the Psychic Cacher - Grattan MI