Signature Items

scaw

It is funny when you open a cache and you can tell who's been there by what they have left.

Bones1 is well known for leaving rubber gloves and tissues.

SP - tea lights

Me - Packs of World Cup playing cards.

I must also add that they leave these items and do not trade. Fine cachers.

As a cache setter can I ask, exactly what am I supposed to do with these signature items left in my caches. If they are tradable then I would obviously leave them to be traded, but I don't think poker chips fall in to this category. I guess I know the answer, I throw them away or put them in a box and hide it away. I would just like to see some more useful signature items like the gloves that Bones1 leaves for example.

As a cache setter can I ask, exactly what am I supposed to do with these signature items left in my caches. If they are tradable then I would obviously leave them to be traded, but I don't think poker chips fall in to this category. I guess I know the answer, I throw them away or put them in a box and hide it away. I would just like to see some more useful signature items like the gloves that Bones1 leaves for example.

You treat them like trade items. If you do not wish to collect them and have a box full lurking around your house then do not take them. Easy.

I like to collect signature items, INCLUDING CALLING CARDS!!!, and it's the one thing that I do like to trade for. I also often leave my own sig items, which are small fridge magnets. I seldom take anything in return when I leave them. If somebody was to take them out and throw them away I think I would be miffed. I started leaving them when I kept finding caches that had been emptied out by previous thieves, oops sorry 'cachers' and I wanted to leave something to try to be be part of the solution to this common problem.

If somebody was to take them out and throw them away I think I would be miffed.

I can understand that for a fridge magnet as this is a sensible trade like the gloves, but I have to question the logic in filling caches up with bits and bobs (and cards) that few cachers want to trade. People please feel free to disagree but, Alibags, I believe you are in the minority who collect such things. I have not needed to refresh any on my caches to date, but one of my newer ones is already filling up with tat and it is only a matter of time until something needs doing.

they are trade items just like anything else. Alot of coin collectors collect tokens and poker chips to.

thanks everyone for your nice coments about my chips i am really pleased with them.

If somebody was to take them out and throw them away I think I would be miffed.

I can understand that for a fridge magnet as this is a sensible trade like the gloves, but I have to question the logic in filling caches up with bits and bobs (and cards) that few cachers want to trade. People please feel free to disagree but, Alibags, I believe you are in the minority who collect such things. I have not needed to refresh any on my caches to date, but one of my newer ones is already filling up with tat and it is only a matter of time until something needs doing.

Alibags is NOT in the minority have a look on the TB and coin forums loads of people collect them.......... ive just sent 3 packages off to the USA today from people who asked for a trade

<_< It seems like at least once a week I'm sending a trade across the pond, be it to the UK or elsewhere, I think it's an honor that someone likes my sig. items enough for a trade. I also am acquiring a pretty nice collection of various handy and not so handy sig. items. I can however snag out of the bunch quite easily the ones I've actually found in caches, they have a few more memories attached to them. I am always looking to trade for the unusual and useful and fun sig. items. <_< Edited by 57chevy

Alibags is NOT in the minority have a look on the TB and coin forums loads of people collect them.......... ive just sent 3 packages off to the USA today from people who asked for a trade

Juts because some people are keen does not mean that this is not a minority and before I am convinced otherwise I would like to see a few more people here say that they collect them and a few more disappear from my caches.

That being said I appear to have taken a thread off topic again (sorry) so will shut my trap for now, and for what it is worth it is a nice signature item, although I would not know what to do with it. <_<

i like trading or swaping call it what you like.. trade items such as wooden nickels /poker chips / coins.

there are some very good and interesting items traded back and forth across the pond yet not to much here in the u.k. as yet..

so...if any one would like to trade wooden nickels or poker chips/coins ect. you should know how to get in touch with me by now.. <_<

i always make up a good return package..

come on lets start trading here at home..PM me or email me..

ime waiting

bob

We collect all card and tokens but only from our own caches or if we meet another cacher. Would love one of Scaws if it was left in one of our caches.

Our cards are a set of 25 all with different images on them.

d977315e-4a54-43c7-99f2-e8d790195b15.jpg

Never thought about taking them from someone else's caches though.

Picture of page one of our card scrapbook.

e4d97013-d5b1-4cf0-a86f-b0162a08a765.jpg

They also mean if your cache gets muggled you have some mememtoes of it.

:o It seems like at least once a week I'm sending a trade across the pond, be it to the UK or elsewhere, I think it's an honor that someone likes my sig. items enough for a trade. I also am acquiring a pretty nice collection of various handy and not so handy sig. items. I can however snag out of the bunch quite easily the ones I've actually found in caches, they have a few more memories attached to them. I am always looking to trade for the unusual and useful and fun sig. items. :o

I'm one of them!! :o and yes his sig items are very nice :o

i think it's nice to trade sig items, and sometimes the trades creat new connections amongst geocachers (example: above). I've also been surprised at how many people have taken my sig items from caches :)

To avoid the confusion, i do label my sig item as "This is a trade item".

This is my calling card, it's made of out tracing paper:

CallingCard.jpg

This is my Signature Item that I hand make:

SigRing.jpg

Both of which I leave in every non-micro cache, and then for every 10 cache I find, I put my handmade "book thong" as well:

bookThongFront.jpg

bookThongBack.jpg

:lol: It seems like at least once a week I'm sending a trade across the pond, be it to the UK or elsewhere, I think it's an honor that someone likes my sig. items enough for a trade. I also am acquiring a pretty nice collection of various handy and not so handy sig. items. I can however snag out of the bunch quite easily the ones I've actually found in caches, they have a few more memories attached to them. I am always looking to trade for the unusual and useful and fun sig. items. :P

I'm one of them!! :laughing: and yes his sig items are very nice :laughing:

i think it's nice to trade sig items, and sometimes the trades creat new connections amongst geocachers (example: above). I've also been surprised at how many people have taken my sig items from caches :laughing:

To avoid the confusion, i do label my sig item as "This is a trade item".

This is my calling card, it's made of out tracing paper:

CallingCard.jpg

This is my Signature Item that I hand make:

SigRing.jpg

Both of which I leave in every non-micro cache, and then for every 10 cache I find, I put my handmade "book thong" as well:

bookThongFront.jpg

bookThongBack.jpg

Nice thong, Miss B. How about coming down South so we can view yhese first hand? :laughing: