Palm Z22?

Kacky

Someone broke into every car in the neighborhood and all they stole was my Palm Tungsten E2. My car was packed for a day of caching so I suppose I am lucky because I had a camera, GPSr, cellphone, even cash in there.

Did you know that the Palm installation cd-Rom has your serial number on it? I'm still not counting on it turning up though.

The Tungsten was a lot more Palm than I needed. I really wasn't using it for anything but caching. I like Mobipocket, and I saw that the z22 has sync, but the guy in Office Max said it wouldn't download an e-book. Is he just trying to upsell me?

Someone broke into every car in the neighborhood and all they stole was my Palm Tungsten E2. My car was packed for a day of caching so I suppose I am lucky because I had a camera, GPSr, cellphone, even cash in there.

Did you know that the Palm installation cd-Rom has your serial number on it? I'm still not counting on it turning up though.

The Tungsten was a lot more Palm than I needed. I really wasn't using it for anything but caching. I like Mobipocket, and I saw that the z22 has sync, but the guy in Office Max said it wouldn't download an e-book. Is he just trying to upsell me?

I have the Z22, but I don't really use anything other than cachemate on it. I tried plucker, but found it tedious. I think it has about 24MB of memory available.

He was trying to upsell you. The Z22 is much more than you'll need. It has 20mb of usable ram and the ability to use any software that any other palm can use.
He was trying to upsell you. The Z22 is much more than you'll need. It has 20mb of usable ram and the ability to use any software that any other palm can use.

As is suspected. thank you both.

As is suspected. thank you both.

I use a Z22. My only complaint is that the screen is VERY dim in direct sunlight. No biggie, I can always put my back to the sun. It's never given me any trouble, but it feels fragile, so I got an aluminum case for it off of ebay. All things considered, if I needed another I'd stick with the Z22.

We have a Z22 and have found it will do all we need and ALOT more we dont need. You can download and snyc Mobipocket to it and then it will read any ebook sent to you, such as the pocket querys. Also it comes with the intall CD that has its own Palm Ereader that you can also installl....it does not do well with the ebooks from the pocket querys, so you will need to get the mobipocket.prc file to install. If you need that .prc file let me know, I have is stored here on the HD and can email it to you, it took me some searching to find it on the web.

We love the Z22 and would buy another in a heartbeat. Don't buy the sales crap thrown at you from the punks behind the counter looking for their commsions!

Cache on!'

Ah, just go for the best you can get...

I have a Palm TX with a 2 gig card...over 300 songs, 200+ pictures and still have plenty of room...

Of course, when you trip over a rock and smash the TX in your fall, you'll cry like a baby.

I leave it in the car after I read the hint. No need to bring it along.

Ah, just go for the best you can get...

I have a Palm TX with a 2 gig card...over 300 songs, 200+ pictures and still have plenty of room...

Of course, when you trip over a rock and smash the TX in your fall, you'll cry like a baby.
I leave it in the car after I read the hint. No need to bring it along.
That wouldn't work for me. I may wish to use the cache descriptions, hints, pictures, and logs in Plucker to aid my search. Also, I tend to tap out my entry in Cache Log Book right after I make the find while I'm on the way back to the car. This helps me have good documentation for my online log while not wasting any time.

Thanks all, I am going to take Karen up on her kind offer to let me acquire her old one. I definitely have to have it with me because I don't look at the hint unless I am stumped, and by then I could be as much as 2 miles from the car. I made a nice padded case for it in case I fall on my backpack, and I try to remember not to walk with it - though it is hard to stand still sometimes with mosquitoes landing on you and giant horseflies diving at your head.