Va - Smith Mtn Lake Caches

phat.bak

I am going to be on Smith Mountain Lake in Virginny the 3rd week in August. We have a 50' houseboat and a lakehouse rented on the south side of the lake. Would appreciate recommendations for available caches. I see that the cache at the dam might be in No Trespassing territory. Anyone got the scoop for this area?

Thanx

phat.bak

:P

I am going to be on Smith Mountain Lake in Virginny the 3rd week in August. We have a 50' houseboat and a lakehouse rented on the south side of the lake. Would appreciate recommendations for available caches. I see that the cache at the dam might be in No Trespassing territory. Anyone got the scoop for this area?

Thanx

phat.bak

:shocked:

You might try checking out the Geocaching Tour Guides on Waymarking.com. The tour guides were created to aid cachers in choosing and/or finding caches in a given area. I'm listed as a tour guide for the northcentral WV area ... there may be one near Smith Mtn Lake that could help you out.

Keith

I've been away from Geocaching for a couple of years. Career obligations and a new kid have hindered me a bit. Funny that I should log back on after such a hiatus and see your post. I've got a cache at Smith Mountain Lake that someone just logged today. Click here.

There are a couple of others in the area, as well. Do a ZIP Code search on 24137 and it'll give you a good list.