Getting Started 'coffin' Icon

wheetree

Okay, my wife noticed it. I'd never paid any attention to it before.

What is the icon supposed to be that shows up when you hover your pointer over "Getting Started" on the GC side-bar menu?

I agree with my wife, it does look more like an open casket than anything else.

Okay, my wife noticed it. I'd never paid any attention to it before.

What is the icon supposed to be that shows up when you hover your pointer over "Getting Started" on the GC side-bar menu?

I agree with my wife, it does look more like an open casket than anything else.

I asked the same question back in February of last year. No one seems so know.

Edited by Prime Suspect
... What is the icon supposed to be that shows up when you hover your pointer over "Getting Started" on the GC side-bar menu? ...
sub_getstarted.gif?!?

I have a vintage record player that looks kind of like that...

<_<

If you've ever looked in a fish tank, it looks just like the treasure chest aerator that is in a lot of those tanks....

I don't see what all the fuss is about. It is patently obvious to me. The dome-shaped thing on top is a skylight. Probably tipped at an angle just to fit in the picture better. Some might think that the bottom part is a stove top, but the more common name for a stove top is a range.

So what does that leave you? "Skylight over range." As you probably can tell just from looking, "skylight over range" is an anagram for "a grovelers' kything" and anyone who has read Chaucer knows that "kythe" means "to make known; to manifest"

Thus, skylight over range: To make known the secrets of geocaching to groveling newbies.

Edited by Sputnik 57

I don't see what all the fuss is about. It is patently obvious to me. The dome-shaped thing on top is a skylight. Probably tipped at an angle just to fit in the picture better. Some might think that the bottom part is a stove top, but the more common name for a stove top is a range.

So what does that leave you? "Skylight over range." As you probably can tell just from looking, "skylight over range" is an anagram for "a grovelers' kything" and anyone who has read Chaucer knows that "kythe" means "to make known; to manifest"

Thus, skylight over range: To make known the secrets of geocaching to groveling newbies.

For some reason I hear a whiny voice screaming "Inconceivable!" <_<<_<:mad:

Truly, you have a dizzying intelect! :)

A stereotypical pirate's treasure chest, viewed sideways. You know, a rectangular box with a half-circle lid, like they show in pirate movies. Apparently it's supposed to be metal, as in a "modern" treasure hunt.

Even though I can see where it's coming from, I agree it looks odd.