Badandy Special Edition Orders

BadAndy

This is the official order thread for the BadAndy Special edition 2 coin set. I set the minting limit to 85 sets, after that the dies will be permanantly retired.

When you click the order button on my webshop, make sure to inform me which color coin should be marked as a "Copy" in the comment section.

I expect delivery from the mint in 2-3 weeks, but it may take a bit longer to get them sorted and delivered to your house. Judging from the emails and comments I've received, these will not last long. In any case, all ordering will be closed on Tues July 18 so as not to delay the minting process.

*Edited to add* There is no order limit, however, if you plan on ordering more than 5 sets, please contact me first via PM. I'll be online often for the next couple days.

HERES THE ORDER LINK!!

Edited by BadAndy

1 set for me too. I think that the shopping cart (for international orders) allows to change the quantity to a value above 1. I would have liked to order 2 sets (to put 1 of each finish in my collectin and release the other 2) but I know that you wanted to limit it to 1 set per head. Thanks!

1 set for me too. I think that the shopping cart (for international orders) allows to change the quantity to a value above 1. I would have liked to order 2 sets (to put 1 of each finish in my collectin and release the other 2) but I know that you wanted to limit it to 1 set per head. Thanks!

I decided to eliminate the order limit. Order as many as you like.

I'm shocked at the pace of these orders. We've passed 20% of the 85 set limit already.

I decided to eliminate the order limit. Order as many as you like.

I'm shocked at the pace of these orders. We've passed 20% of the 85 set limit already.

Thanks for upping the limit, got in for four sets

Great idea

Great idea! :P I ordered two sets. In the comment I asked if the gold could be marked on one set, and the silver marked on the other set. That way I can keep a gold and a silver for my collection, and set a gold and a silver free...if not possible I asked the silvers to be marked as copies. These will help me with my goal of releasing a new tb or a geocoin once a month, since I like this aspect of geocaching alot.

Down to 5 sets. I'm posting the webshop as sold out since I'll be away from the computer most of the rest of the day and I don't want to go over our limit.

If you want a set, I'll place orders for the next 5 people that pm me.

Thanks to all that ordered, the response was overwhelming. We sold out 18 hours.

Andy, just a idea,, I know folks had mentioned "traveling copy" instead of copy,, what about just "traveler" ????

I considered something other than copy but stayed with it for a couple reasons. First, having COPY marked on a coin is actually the numismatic standard for duplicate or replica coins. Also, I had already set the price and started taking orders. A lesser issue is that the extra 6 characters would increase the cost about $.30 per set and as I already screwed up the math on paypal fee's, I'm more in the hole than I expected to be (My bad).

Thanks again to everyone involved in making this project a success.

Apologies to the folks that missed the cutoff. I was unprepared for the pace of the orders and it seems the supply fell far short of the demand.

As promised, I will keep the orders closed on these coins and the dies will be retired after the minting is complete.

I did order a small amt of non matched coins for my own caching use, but they are not for sale and will mostly only be found in caches.

Apologies to the folks that missed the cutoff. I was unprepared for the pace of the orders and it seems the supply fell far short of the demand.

As promised, I will keep the orders closed on these coins and the dies will be retired after the minting is complete.

I did order a small amt of non matched coins for my own caching use, but they are not for sale and will mostly only be found in caches.

Fooey, that's what I get for working this weekend...

I didn't even know there was a sale thread until WAY too late. Oh well. If someone who ordered a bunch wants to trade/sell (NFP) once they have them in hand, let me know.

Thanks

Fooey, that's what I get for working this weekend...

I didn't even know there was a sale thread until WAY too late. Oh well. If someone who ordered a bunch wants to trade/sell (NFP) once they have them in hand, let me know.

Thanks

21 people ordered more than 1 set. 2 people ordered 3 sets and 2 people ordered 4 sets.

Of the folks that ordered 2 sets, it's my guess that some of them will place 1 intact set into their collection and release a traveller from the second. I imagine a few sets will show up on ebay. In any case there are at most, 21 opportunities for trades of this set.

If it's any consolation, when (if) I do a 2007 coin half will be composed of traveller coin sets.

I really hope that others will consider doing matched traveller sets of their coins in the future.

Update from the mint!

I had to delay production for a few days as there was some confusion regarding the engraving of duplicate numbers. We estimate that they will ship to me on the 31st, putting them on my doorstep right around the weekend of the 5th.

For those locals attending the South Hills cache bash, I *may* have them with me then.

Mailers are already addressed and labeled and ready to be stuffed so if everything goes according to schedule, the coins will be mailed out aug 7th or 8th. This puts us well on track for 4 weeks from start to finish on this project.

Thanks again folks!!

I received the coins from the mint today. It will take a couple more days to match up the sets and apply the activation codes. Some of you (USPS willing) will begin to see them in your mailboxes this week.

They will all be in the mail by friday.

ouch, i can't believe I missed this when it first came out. I love this coin.

I have a Unactivated King Boreas 1000th hide coin or an Explore MN Geocoin that I might be willing to part with in trade. As far as I know they haven't been offered on here yet.

SirZman@gmail.com

Edited by sir_zman