Idea For Nanocache Container

Sadly I am an addict of the 2p 'shove' machines in amusement arcades - you know the ones where you put loads of 2p coins in and try to push coins, keyrings etc., over the edge?

The other day, I won a kids 'strobe body light' and thought I'd seen one somewhere before... then I realised, we had found two nanocaches made of these! (I won't say the name of them, as it would be a 'spoiler'.)

It's great as a cache container, as you can just tip the batteries out and put in a roll of paper to act as a log book. It already has a powerful magnet inside, and can easily be sprayed black, green or whatever colour you like for camouflage. They're not only available in arcades, you can buy them for about £1.00 from tacky gift shops too!

Here's what it looks like...

nano.jpg

The last one of these we found was sprayed black, and placed in full view of passing muggles. Loved it!

I just think it's a cool idea, for very little effort or cost. What do you think?

Edited by ryme-intrinseca

... of course, it depends if you like nanocaches or not, and personally I do. We found one in Somerset that was in full view at eye level five inches away from a plaque that people stop to read... muggle central, but it's never disappeared!

I have one in W Yorks that is out in the open and in plain sight, but it didn't stop me being unable to find it myself one night when out caching with Seasider. DNF your own cache. That takes some doing. :blink::blink:

Edited by SlytherinAlex

Sadly I am an addict of the 2p 'shove' machines in amusement arcades - you know the ones where you put loads of 2p coins in and try to push coins, keyrings etc., over the edge?

The other day, I won a kids 'strobe body light' and thought I'd seen one somewhere before... then I realised, we had found two nanocaches made of these! (I won't say the name of them, as it would be a 'spoiler'.)

It's great as a cache container, as you can just tip the batteries out and put in a roll of paper to act as a log book. It already has a powerful magnet inside, and can easily be sprayed black, green or whatever colour you like for camouflage. They're not only available in arcades, you can buy them for about £1.00 from tacky gift shops too!

nano.jpg

The last one of these we found was sprayed black, and placed in full view of passing muggles. Loved it!

I just think it's a cool idea, for very little effort or cost. What do you think?

I use these on my dog's collars in winter as they show up for a few hundred metres and I can thus see where they are! If you don't need the batteries...

nano.jpg

On that well know auction site

or here - sent to the UK works out at around 50p each.

Master Mariner - you're quite welcome to the batteries. Email me through my profile to tell me your address, and I'll post them - I have ten that you can have!

Mumbo Jumbo - that was the first one we found too, one of my favourite caches. But only cuz the statue nearby makes me feel slim!!!

17-04-06LondonBroadgate8.jpg

(Doh! Why can't I get my image to show?)

Edited by ryme-intrinseca

Master Mariner - you're quite welcome to the batteries! Email me through my profile to tell me your address, and I'll post them - I have ten that you can have!

Mumbo Jumbo - that was the first one we found too, one of my favourite caches! But only cuz the statue nearby makes me feel slim!!!

I did that one this week as well...she's a big girl isn't she! :lol: