Best Of British - Personal Geocoin

studlyone

We've been working on the design of this coin for a while now and it is finally being realised through oakcoins. I have placed an order for samples which will be for six metals. At present I am planning on the coins being made out of Antique Gold and Silver and a Limited Edition of Black Nickel but I may also do another metal depending on the results of the samples.

Here is the final artwork, I am now waiting for delivery of the sample coins. The whole of the bulldogs face will be 3D bare metal (the pic doesn't show that very well). I will post pics once I have them.

proofforum.jpg

There will only be a total of 500 coins minted.

• 100 Black Nickel LE - I will be selling half of these coins and keeping the other half to release into the wild and for trades (Max one per order) - $9 or £6 + P&P each.
  • The rest of the coins will be Antique Silver, Antique Gold and possible another metal TBC once I see the samples - $7.50 or £5 +P&P each.

I have kept the prices as low as I possibly can as for people in the USA you will end up paying more for postage because of international rates.

Coin Details

1.5" diameter

Trackable on Geocaching.com with its own icon

3D bulldogs face

Each order will also get a 3/4" pin badge of the coin design free of charge (I will only have 200 of these available).

ICON - 32x32.jpg

For more information about reservations, prices and postage together with the reservation list check out my website:

To Pre-Order your coins simply e-mail me with your requirements following the instructions shown below or view the webpage listed above:

Send e-mails to: coins (at) speakmanclan . co . uk

In the subject line please put "? Geocoins" where the ? is the number of coins you would like.

Then the following information:

• GeoCachingName:
  • Full Name:
  • Full Mailing address:
  • Country (if outside of UK):
  • Paypal Email Address:
  • Email Address (if different):
  • Number of Coins Wanted (Include the type required):

I will post pics of the samples once I have received them which should be under 2 weeks from now. :blink:

can i add a silver 1 as well got a friend in Austrailia where i would like to send 1 thanks

Done, I have amended the list for you.

Ian

Email sent for 1 of each metal (3 total)

Thanx for the opportunity!

Thanks, got you on the list now.

ian

I have had to restrict everyone to only 1 of the Black Nickel LE coins in order for more people to get the chance to grab one.

That's a good idea. People are going to wonder why someone got to order more though... :laughing:

Well there's rules and there's rules I guess, it was agreed upon a long time ago.

Ian

I'm That someone !! I was in on this coin from the get go before there was ever a order page. before the minting order etc etc,,., Ian, If you need to change my order please contact me by email, and we can work something out, Thanks, Glenn

No problem Glenn the order still stands if you are happy with it. As you said you were in on it from the start and were a big help to me.

Ian

reined in the geocoin habit now we're saving for a house to just a couple a month but couldnt resist these, order in for one of each metal

Thanks, I am honoured that my coin is one of the ones you will be getting. I am lookign forward to the samples arriving so that I can put up some decent pics of them.

Ian

"We shall find our caches whatever the cost may be, we shall find on the beaches, we shall find on the landing grounds, we shall find in the fields and in the streets, we shall find in the hills; we shall never stop searching..."

Order sent. :laughing:

"Kiss me Hardy!"

"We shall find our caches whatever the cost may be, we shall find on the beaches, we shall find on the landing grounds, we shall find in the fields and in the streets, we shall find in the hills; we shall never stop searching..."

Order sent. :laughing:

"Kiss me Hardy!"

LOL thats one of the quotes I was thinking of using - WInston Churchill did some great ones. Got your order and you are on the list. How about....

"We shall hide our caches whatever the cost may be, we shall hide them in the nettles, we shall hide them in the brambles, we shall hide in the fields and in the streets, we shall hide them in the hills; we shall never stop searching..."

Ian

The samples have arrived and they have exceeded my expectations - I love them. I have chosen the fourth metal for the LE coins and it will be Antique Copper. The front of the coins are epoxy filled and very smooth and shiny with the bulldogs face slightly proud of the epoxy. The back of the coins are recessed with raised text.

samples.jpg

For anyone who still wants to reserve some of them I have plenty of the Gold, Silver and Copper coins left but very few of the Black Nickel ones so you had better get your reservation in quickly as they are being snapped up at a good rate.

It is really hard to get a good picture of the coins as they are so shiny especially the black nickel ones. They look great and I am looking forward to what everyone thinks of them.

More info on the coins and reservations can be found on my website:

My Coins Webpage

The samples have arrived and they have exceeded my expectations - I love them. I have chosen the fourth metal for the LE coins and it will be Antique Copper. The front of the coins are epoxy filled and very smooth and shiny with the bulldogs face slightly proud of the epoxy. The back of the coins are recessed with raised text.

samples.jpg

For anyone who still wants to reserve some of them I have plenty of the Gold, Silver and Copper coins left but very few of the Black Nickel ones so you had better get your reservation in quickly as they are being snapped up at a good rate.

It is really hard to get a good picture of the coins as they are so shiny especially the black nickel ones. They look great and I am looking forward to what everyone thinks of them.

More info on the coins and reservations can be found on my website:

My Coins Webpage

Nice! Glad I got a couple... :)

I am waiting to hear from oakcoins to find out when the coins will be ready. But basically I will be sending out invoices about a week before I get the coins in my hands.

I have never liked the idea of having to pay for something two month up front and so I am funding the coins myself and then invoicing at the last minute.

As long as your name is on the reservation list you will get invoiced. Basically your money is better off in your bank account than mine until closer to the time of me being able to ship them.

If anyone feels that they want to pay up front then great, just get in touch and I can send out the invoice but for everyone else just hold on - they will be coming.

As soon as I hear from oakcoins I will be in a better position to say when the bulk of the invoices are going out though.

Ian

Edited by studlyone