Garmin Etrex Legend

I know how to delete my waypoints one at a time, but I have over 275 now, and was wondering if there are simple steps to erase them all at one time or less than 275 times....

I only have the simple directions, and it doesn't discuss this. Can't find my larger manual.

Thanks!!! :blink:

You can be forgiven for not finding this out - it is totally unintuitive. The simplest way I've discovered is to use the Find Waypoint/Nearest. Then on the page labeled Nearest Waypoints, move the cursor to the top of the screen, highlighting the left of the two symbols (the one to the left of the "x"). Click on that and you are offered the choice to Find by Name, Delete All, Delete By Symbol. Select Delete all, you get a confirmation question and ... Bob's your uncle.

Like I said ... not completely intuitive.

peace

fish

I Delete the Waypoints by Symbol . . . deleting the Geocaches and Geocaches Found, before putting a new set of waypoints in the GPSr.

If I ever want to keep a Geocache waypoint on my GPSr for some reason, like I have changed the coordinates to the end of a Multi but didn't finish the Multi that day, I change the Treasure Chest icon to something else.

This allows me to keep my Home, and these other important waypoints which have a different icon, on my GPSr when I only Delete by Symbol.

I had a Vista Etrex, but it should work the same way. If you go to the screen that shows you the mph/ track time / eta/ etc, you can hit Menu -> reset. Then it brings up a list of what you want to reset - tracks, routes, time, etc. At the bottom of this list is waypoints, unchecked by default. You can check it and click OK, and then you'll have 0 waypoints.