Large Or Heavy Travel Bugs

flyingmoose

A couple of the larger ones I've seen:

Mary Proppins (one blade of an airplane propeller)

:anitongue: That is one handsome devil!!! :laughing: I put Mary Proppins on the scale and if memory serves she was around 34 lbs. She was a resident of my living room for a couple of months, I kinda miss the ol'girl. :cool:

She's back east again, want me to see if I can get her back for you?:(

Actually she was much heavier than that when we started out. There is a big metal bearing race that I cut off of the base just to make the bug lighter.

That would be very cool but as much as I like this TB, I really enjoy reading the logs of other cachers that get to discover this big bug. You may have to put out another one before too long though, It looks like Mary's getting a lot of signatures. Maybe the MP-2.

I noticed a bowling ball in the Seattle area. Btw, I would treat the heavy object as a cache, log it and leave it.

:P:cry:

Is there a link to the Bowling Ball TB or have you only heard of it?

It appears there may be more than one Bowling Ball out there. evil 14lb bug has been on my watch list for some time now. At one point is was heading my way then it leaped in another direction. Oh well still watching it untill it starts getting to much "Discovered" attention.

A couple of the larger ones I've seen:

Mary Proppins (one blade of an airplane propeller)

;) That is one handsome devil!!! :) I put Mary Proppins on the scale and if memory serves she was around 34 lbs. She was a resident of my living room for a couple of months, I kinda miss the ol'girl. :D

She's back east again, want me to see if I can get her back for you?:D

Actually she was much heavier than that when we started out. There is a big metal bearing race that I cut off of the base just to make the bug lighter.

That would be very cool but as much as I like this TB, I really enjoy reading the logs of other cachers that get to discover this big bug. You may have to put out another one before too long though, It looks like Mary's getting a lot of signatures. Maybe the MP-2.

We thought of doing MP-2 (There is another one lurking in the warehouse) but I would rather find a different interesting aircraft part and send that out in another direction and have them meet up at some point in time.

The largest I've run across so far is "Log This" by Moozer. It is literally a small log, about 4 inches in diameter and about 2 feet long. I found it at a cache which was pretty well buried by falling leaves and since it wouldn't fit into the cache, it was sticking out of the leaves...leading me to the find.

Log This

The largest I've run across so far is "Log This" by Moozer. It is literally a small log, about 4 inches in diameter and about 2 feet long. I found it at a cache which was pretty well buried by falling leaves and since it wouldn't fit into the cache, it was sticking out of the leaves...leading me to the find.

Log This

Now that's cool!