The Russian Doll Multicache

Yes, it's another novelty cache idea!

The name says it all, really:

1. Hide a big cache with lots of smaller caches inside each other (there should ideally still be space for a logbook inside each one).

2. FTF the big cache takes the cache inside it (which contains all the others) and hides it close by. Call this Cache 2. They log the coordinates.

3. Next person to find the big cache puts in a piece of paper with the coordinates of Cache 2 on it. They then take the cache inside Cache 2, hide this, and log the coordinates.

And so on, until all the "dollcaches" are hidden. Voila! A multicache. :D

Obviously the coordinates would have to be logged quickly to avoid confusion, and perhaps the caches should be numbered.

And there are all sorts of fun expansions: if people are bored with the current multicache trail then the doll can be "retracted" and the process started again.

Not exactly a novel idea.

I have found a couple of caches along those same lines, but when I tried to activate one myself, it got shot down by the reviewer.

Correct, since the reviewer won't know where the other stages of the ever-growing multicache are located. What if the fourth Russian Doll was hidden 50 feet from the endpoint of a puzzle cache, or 25 feet from the railroad tracks at the border of the park?

To make the idea work, since I get paid the big bucks to suggest alternatives that comply with the listing guidelines:

1. The first finder takes all but the biggest container, finds another location at least 528 feet away and otherwise complying with the guidelines, and hides all the remaining containers. He or she then submits this as a separate cache in the "Russian Doll" series.

2. The first finder of the second cache repeats the process and sets up the third cache in the Russian Doll series. And so on.

3. Each cache page should make it clear that the finder has the option of simply logging their find on the first logbook, without being obligated to hide the remaining Russian Dolls someplace else. For example, if I'm visiting from out of town, I would not want to hide a cache that is beyond my maintainable distance.

4: The series is already approved as a multi cache. Each future waypoint is already part of the cache and approved accordingly. The FTF gets lucky with the single stage mutli but takes all but the largest container and turns it into a 2 stage multi (getting lucky by being FTF) by using the prescribed coordinates for stage II. (Done via note, or whatever method works). Repeat for finders 2 through whatever has been worked out. Each cacher gets the joy of making the cache harder for the next guy. There is some good incentive to be FTF here, and great incentive to follow the rules.

Edited by Renegade Knight