Personal Coin Icons & Tracking

UOTrackers

I was wondering if it would be possible to use the tracking numbers to coins that have the generic personal coin icon's to add to a traveler coin of ours?

What I mean is, instead of activating a couple coins we have with the generic icon, could we Activate it, but add it to a tag with one of our coins and change the name in the title and assign a goal so that a coin still appeares in a cache but it doesn't cheat a person out of finding a specific coin (icon). Does this make sense? Is it possible?

Lemme see if I understand, you want to use a generic coin but somehow make it so that they get the icon of a non-generic coin, yes?

Or

Do you want to put the tracking number of a generic coin on another object/traveler?

Edited by BlueDeuce

If I understand this right, you're trying to add a non-trackable personal coin to a trackable coin with a generic icon to travel hand-in-hand so to speak. I don't see why not. I've seen travel bug tags attached to non-trackable coins (Wild Horse Lu) and sigs that are simply titled with whatever they're attached to. So I would say yes, go ahead and attach a U.S. geocoin or whatever to your personal coin and let them travel as a pair. :laughing:

Nope, I didn't explain it too well. I'll try again. I don't currently have any coins that will fit what I am talking about. What I wanted to know is, say I have JoShmo's coin and he has a Personal Coin Icon, the generic looking cent icon that personal coins used to have before you could design your own icon. Jo's coin is in our collection, I either bought or traded for it. But it's staying in the collection. Since it is a generic personal coin icon, the one that doesn't denote the coin being any one particular coin. Could I use the tracking code and put it on a dog tag for example and attatch it to one of my coins. When you activate a coin it automatically pops in the name of the coin but you have the ability to change the name, so would I not be able to then put in "UOTrackers Traveling coin #1". This way when someone looks for a cache the personal coin icon appears and they aren't fooled that the coin in the cache is a specific coin, they know it's a personal coin without it's own personal icon. Does this make sense now. I got it straight in my head but can't I guess put it into words well.

That should work fine. The numbers for coins and TBs seem to work very similarly. What you would want to do though is keep very, very good records of which coins you've activated and never let those out of your collection. You would also want to make sure it's a coin that is highly unlikely to ever get a personal icon in the future.

Why would you want to? The name of the coin also appears on the cache page it is in.

I just looked at one of these type of coins in someones profile and the only reference to name is the name that appears when you activate the coin, which you can change to suit your purposes. Just like in our profile most of the coins now have "Bella's" in front of the name. We've also added edition information to the name, but the name can be changed to anything I believe.

Edited by UOTrackers

Could I use the tracking code and put it on a dog tag for example and attatch it to one of my coins. When you activate a coin it automatically pops in the name of the coin but you have the ability to change the name, so would I not be able to then put in "UOTrackers Traveling coin #1".

So you want to put the tracking number of a generic coin on another traveler. A coin of your design with your coin name in the title. Sure, why not.