Downloading Into Lowrance Globalmap 100

maybe i'm just overly optimistic. heck if i know. but i have a lowrance globalmap 100 (which, from what i understand, is a very old model). is there any hope for being able to download pocket queries into this thing? if i read the manual correctly, the two ports on the back are for NMEA and DGPS...

in all honesty, i would not be surprised if i got a violently loud "NO" response. i'm just looking for a way to try and not hand-enter 100 geocaches for an upcoming trip.

Well, just because your unit doesn't have an SD slot doesn't mean it can't take waypoint uploads. Do you have the computer cable for it?

I see that EasyGPS has the Globalmap 100 listed in the GPS Setup menu as one of the units it can communicate with. So it looks like there is hope. Come on, Lowrance users. Help this bloke out! Don't leave it to an eXplorist guru.

This page lists accessories for Lowrance receivers. The GlobalMap 100 is toward the bottom. It looks like there are two cables, one for NMEA and one for PC Serial connection. To transfer waypoints you probably need the PC Serial cable. eBay is usually the cheapest place to find cables. Does your computer have a serial port? A lot of the newer desktops don't and very few laptops do.