Cachemate

I've not had a problem until now. I've been happily downloading waypoints into my GPS and my M500 using GASK. I tried tonight to add a few I want to do tomorrow. Everything worked nicely going into the GPS. I did everything I've done in the past to download into the M500. But I get a message saying the file is already in the handheld list, but it's not in Cachemate. Where could it be??? My free space says: 7.5M of 7.7M and that seems like I have enough. Is it? What could I be doing wrong?

Edited by 3wildwomen

I'm not at all certain what that message means, but it might mean that the same exact file is already in the queue for downloading. One thing to try is to go to the program folder, look under Palm (or PalmOne) for the folder with your name on it, look in the quickinstall folder and see if the file is really already there. Maybe you can delete the problem file there and try again. That's not the only place files can be in the download queue though, so the problem could still lie elsewhere.

Since you're using GSAK, I'd suggest you make sure you're up to the latest rev, then check in at the GSAK forums. The gurus hanging around there are very helpful and quick to respond to problems like this one.

We always delete the entire Not Found category before loading in the new database. This way we always have the latest files with the latest logs and if a cache is archived or disabled it is out of the unit. The new database is read into the empty Not Found category .... or even a special category when going on a road trip out of our normal area. :laughing: ImpalaBob

I'm not at all certain what that message means, but it might mean that the same exact file is already in the queue for downloading. One thing to try is to go to the program folder, look under Palm (or PalmOne) for the folder with your name on it, look in the quickinstall folder and see if the file is really already there. Maybe you can delete the problem file there and try again. That's not the only place files can be in the download queue though, so the problem could still lie elsewhere.

Since you're using GSAK, I'd suggest you make sure you're up to the latest rev, then check in at the GSAK forums. The gurus hanging around there are very helpful and quick to respond to problems like this one.

I agree - it sounds like a message from the Palm Installer - GSAK asked the Palm Installer to install an new PDB file to the Palm and the Installer believes that it already has a file by that name on the list of files to install. This might occur if you did two Cacahmate exports from GSAK of the same file (same file name) without HotSyncing in between. Or perhaps your HotSync manager has the conduit "install files" set to "Do Nothing".

Deleted everything in Cachemate. Deleted and reinstalled the Palm. Now getting install tool error message: The file Cachemate.pdb already exists in 3wildwomen's download directory. I'm at a loss. Everything loaded fine prior to this. Anyone live close by wanna come help??

I have an old Palm V.

Cachemate mentions it supports OS 5/6... but I only have OS 3.something.

I'm guessing that won't work?

Currently, I've been getting GC.com to send me a palm file and load the ebook into MobiPocket. Something's wrong with that file (probably doesn't support OS 3) but I can load the file and do searches... just can't use the menus.

Sure it's not 7.5M of 7.7M used? If not, then hmm. As others have said, the file is stuck in your download queue on your PC.

Look in either:

C:\Program Files\palmOne\hotsyncname\Install

or

C:\Program Files\palmOne\hotsyncname\QuickInstall\HandHeld

for the offending .pdb file, and delete. Then remake the file and try again.

I have an old Palm V.

Cachemate mentions it supports OS 5/6... but I only have OS 3.something.

I'm guessing that won't work?

Currently, I've been getting GC.com to send me a palm file and load the ebook into MobiPocket. Something's wrong with that file (probably doesn't support OS 3) but I can load the file and do searches... just can't use the menus.

Never mind... I re-read the website and see it should work.

"Requirements: Palm OS® 3.0 or later"

Just use the searchfunction on your pc and enter "Cachemate.pdb" after you found it delete it.

Wen i export a file to my palmone Tungsten T5 a a installwindow opens. So if i get the same message as you have i can delete the existing fil in the cue to replace it with the new wann.