Geocoin Fair Trade Quiz

avroair

:D

One morning several avid geocoin collecting geocachers: Damainspace, Alohason, Renegade Day, OrderlyDave and GeorgiaGal (these names were made up and do not reflect the names of actual cachers :DB) ), learned of a new cache. It was described as a 50cal ammo can containing geoswag including, five different metal (for FTF, STF, 3rdTF, 4thTF, and LTF) geocoins and a log book. The cache was located deep in a thread somewhere in the geocoin forum (but that's not important). From the clues below, determine which cacher left what trade item, what metal geocoin he or she took and on which page he or she signed the log. And most importantly were the trades fair?

• Someone traded a keychain for the gold geocoin.

• Damainspace took the bronze geocoin, and did not leave the batteries.

• GeorgiaGal left the Where’s George dollar.

• The person who took the gold geocoin did not sign the second log page.

• Someone signed page 5 in the log and took the silver geocoin.

• The person who left the batteries signed page 4, and did not take the brass geocoin.

• OrderlyDave signed page 3 and did not leave the keychain nor the carabiner.

• The FTF was not Alohason.

Cachers: Damainspace, Alohason, RenegadeDay, OrderlyDave, GeorgiaGal

Geoswag Sig Items: Batteries, Button, Carabiner, Keychain, Where’s George dollar

Geocoins; Black nickel, Bronze, Brass, Silver, Gold

Log pages; 1,2,3,4,5

a=____The person who traded the Where's George signed what page?

1) 1st 2) 2nd 3) 3rd 4) 4th 5) 5th

b=____The caribiner was traded for what metal geocoin?

1) Black nickel 2) Bronze 3) Brass 4) Silver 5) Gold

c=____ Who found the cache first?

1) Damainspace 2) Alohason 3) RenegadeDay 4) OrderlyDave 5) GeorgiaGal

d=____ What did Alohason trade?

1) Batteries 2) Button 3) Carabiner 4) Keychain 5) Where’s George

e=____ Who took the silver geocoin?

1)Damainspace 2) Alohason 3) RenegadeDay 4) OrderlyDave 5) GeorgiaGal

f=____ The gold geocoin was taken in exchange for what?

1) Batteries 2) Button 3) Carabiner 4) Keychain 5) Where’s George

g= ____ What metal geocoin did OrderlyDave take?

1)Black nickel 2) Bronze 3) Brass 4) Silver 5) Gold

Did everyone trade fairly? :)

Disclaimer: no wooden nickels, poker chips or coins were hurt during this quiz. :)B) Please don't post your solutions here, but deliberate whether the trades were fair. Lovingly borrowed from this Notorious

cache.

:D:o:):laughing:

Edited by avroair

Did they trade fairly? If the coins were left as FTF etc PRIZES they did - no trade would have been necessary. If they were truly intended as SWAG for any finder then some may have traded fairly (caribiner and keychain might or might not be a fair trade -depending on value) and others traded down.

But, if someone leaves (fresh) batteries in every cache they visit and rarely take anything in return then overall, might they still be trading up?

Edited by tokencollector

I loved the cacher names--very clever. This looks like it could be interesting if I had some time, but its late, I'm tired and dont feel very sharp right now. Should i tackle it or just go to bed. Maybe tomorrow. Snooze!!

Avroair does run some great events, so maybe this will be fun.

Revised: Trades could be ok depending. CR123 batteries and Lithium batteries are worth a coin. The Swiss army carabeaners are worth a coin. A keychain with a flashlight (like the mag solitare) is worth a coin. The buck...if it was the first one that ever got WG to ban cache dollars is historic. It's all going to depend. But if it's all the normal stuff found in a cache... then the trades were not fair.

More Later.

Worked on it. I keep coming up with a conflict.

Edited by Renegade Knight

Hmmmmmm I didn't get a conflict. I managed to work it out in about 20 mins.

I guess the trades would be fair depending on what the coins were. I can think of some gold and silver coins that I would trade a keychain for and others that I wouldn't. Guess it would depend on your definition of fair.