Prison Break Needed!

It seems there was an event recently in Georgia where one cacher picked up a whole bunch of bugs and dumped them into a Travel Bug Prison in Marietta. This prison has a one-for-one trade "rule", which means it could be quite some time before those bugs are released.

If you're in the area, I know my bug in there would prefer to not be trapped in a travel bug prison, and I'm sure most of the others wouldn't either.

It seems there was an event recently in Georgia where one cacher picked up a whole bunch of bugs and dumped them into a Travel Bug Prison in Marietta. This prison has a one-for-one trade "rule", which means it could be quite some time before those bugs are released.

If you're in the area, I know my bug in there would prefer to not be trapped in a travel bug prison, and I'm sure most of the others wouldn't either.

When I go there, it is "Ye Olde 41 Travel Bug Motel".

Oh...I see, you changed the name because you didn't like that your TB that was sent off into the wild is prone to the rules of caches it visits. I get it. :D

Welcome to the world of TBs.

reepicheep

TBs are not ordinary swag, and therefore should not be under the rules of any cache owner. TB owners want their bugs to travel, not sit in prison for months on end.

Thank you, Henki. Cache owners do not have the right to make "rules" for their cache that conflict with the definition of a travel bug. With this drop of 16 bugs into this prison, if everyone follows these so-called "rules", there will ALWAYS be at least 17 bugs trapped in this prison.

Cache owners do not have the right to make "rules" for their cache that conflict with the definition of a travel bug.

I just reread the guidelines, (again), and I can't seem to find this anywhere. Can you point it out to me? I was always under the impression that cache owners can make any rules they wish for their caches, so long as they abide by the guidelines.

Cache owners do not have the right to make "rules" for their cache that conflict with the definition of a travel bug.

I just reread the guidelines, (again), and I can't seem to find this anywhere. Can you point it out to me? I was always under the impression that cache owners can make any rules they wish for their caches, so long as they abide by the guidelines.

Very well then, there's also nothing in the guidelines about BREAKING those rules either, now is there? There's also nothing in the guidelines about just completely taking the entire travel bug prison with me, container and all, but I think we both know that that's wrong, don't we?

Why should the "rules" of your cache trump those of my (and everyone else's) TB?

I know the owner of this cache. Very nice guy. If you drop him an email saying that your bug has been in the cache too long or that you prefer not to have it in a hotel (not prison), he or a member of his team will get it out. As far as rules on hotels, I visted ones from PA to FL and they all had the same rule; one in .. one out. Just need to contact the owners if you want to opt out.

I know the owner of this cache. Very nice guy. If you drop him an email saying that your bug has been in the cache too long or that you prefer not to have it in a hotel (not prison), he or a member of his team will get it out. As far as rules on hotels, I visted ones from PA to FL and they all had the same rule; one in .. one out. Just need to contact the owners if you want to opt out.

I know a lot of finders will opt out regardless of the owner's wishes.

I would have to agree that the bugs should be released give the definition of a TB regardless of the stipulation of the cache rules but only depending on the TB owner's request. If the owner's choose for them to be release then they should have the right to, what is the point of holding TBs in one area or cache? They are meant to travel and be on the move from cache to cache in order to be tracked and miles calculated, why hold them so that they can not travel further or complete their missions?

Did you post a note on the cache and ask someone move your TB along? There are 13 people (including myself) plus the owner who would see your note via e-mail. I'm sure someone would go and get it. I have before if no one beat me over to the hotel.

Also, if you read the logs, the hotel was renovated and all the bugs removed and then either the same ones or others were dropped back in at the same time. No different then if someone placed a new cache and took there inventory of TB/coins or went caching a picked up a few to place in there new cache.

Just ask(post note) and see what happens.

You are in idiot.

First off, it's called "Ye Olde Travel Bug MOTEL", not to be confused with a prison.

Dude, all you had to do is to email myself or the other owner and tell us (or in your case, cry to us) about your TB. We would have moved it immediately as not to taint all the other travel bugs in the motel. You know, we don't want them to get sissified neither.

The motel is conveniently located 3 miles off of I-75 that runs all the way from Florida the Canadian border and gets hit quite often. My cache, my rules, my way. I can do what I like. And in the great words of Lesley Gore, "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to."

Now that you brought negative attention to the motel, I wish I had your TB. I would take real good care of it. Yea, uh-huh. Read all the previous logs... people love the motel and think it is great.

Next time, THINK before you speak. Read this and take from it what you want. Maybe you can think of your stupidity while you search for your 48th cache.

-TP

Gee whiz the forums can be fun and entertaining sometimes. :lol:-_-

I can feel the :( from here.

Yes, it is your cache, but TB's don't really get lonely so it is a silly rule and one that does not exist at my TB Hotel.

Yes, a simple direct email could have resolved the issue, but then we would have missed out on all the angst and pitchforks and torchlighting....

now you boys run along and play nice. :unsure:

...oh the humanity...... :D:(

Edited by wimseyguy

Thank you, Henki. Cache owners do not have the right to make "rules" for their cache that conflict with the definition of a travel bug. With this drop of 16 bugs into this prison, if everyone follows these so-called "rules", there will ALWAYS be at least 17 bugs trapped in this prison.

I don't frequent these forums that often, so my apologies if this is out of date. Anyways..

I've been known to stop by that cache (I live in Marietta) and pick up a bug or two without leaving one. I wouldn't classify it as a "prison" - that's a bit harsh.

If I find myself in the area of this particular TB Motel, I'll stop by and pick up your bug. Drop me an email with which one it is. Not promising anything, but more than happy to do it if I'm in the area.

Its been resolved. The A-team swooped in and 'rescused' 3 TB's, all at the owner's request. ParrotRob's TB (Lost Shaker of Salt) was picked up, took a photo op with it at Cheeseburger in Paradise and she's been sent on her way. No harm no foul .... lets let the healing begin.

B)

Oh crud. I decided to completely edit my post because I thought it was too angsty (it is a many splendored thing after all ;) ) but someone quoted it first! No matter, I think that although rants about TB prisons are universally accepted in the TB forum, we see what happens when they are posted to a general forum! Hopefully there are no hard feelings over this "Prison break", and the healing has begun.

Edited by TheWhiteUrkel

Psst. ParrotRob. Wrong forum. It's only in the Travel Bug forum where you can rant about TB prisons, and have almost universal agreement with your opinion.

Psst, you mean this one?

I think this thread was for local support to actually go retrieve the bug. The other was for complaining. (not that there is anything wrong with it)