Travel Bug War!

Eric K

Bump:

Still looking for interested players. I see that 5 bugs may be a bit of a large expense. If you can do fewer that could work also.

I may be able to have USA Geocoins supply some of the Travelbugs, still working on how to work out that angle though.

I'm in but I only have like 2 spare tags so maybe two or three per tag? I can have five men though but can there be two generals for the same 5 men?

Not a problem. I may have the soldiers that don't start off at a HQ have their first mission to report to a HQ or some other mission. Still working it all out.

Howdy......

I have noticed that most who have replied are from the central,east and some southern states. I am from 'out west' (Lakeside,eastern San Diego County, California) How would someone from 'way out here...' be able to get involved?

At this time I have three (3) T.B.'s.... I can get more......

Please advise...

Vern... :D

Working on getting a few things together. What home cache will you use for a HQ?

Thanks

Count me in for 5, I'll either spring for them or get others local to join in. CHapel Hill/Durham/Raleigh, NC.

Maingray, I'm working on setting some stuff up. Can you please let me know what home cache you will be able to use as a HQ?

Thanks

Eric

This could be set-up very simply.

1) folks decide what army they want to join (green or tan)

2) they release TB's (with a note and a naming convention "TAN TEAM: Joe Gun", etc.

3) each week, the number of Tans and Greens in each state/province are added-up. The side with the most army men in caches in each state/prov. wins that state/prov. as territory -- you could use a map and colour-code each state each week.

You could then play all sorts of games!

"Tan Team takes New York!"

or

"Green Team to Alaska!"

The fun would also be -- which teams have the most states/prov?, which teams are taking over other countries?

This might be the simple way to do it rather than try and manage too many specifics. The only problem I can see is if someone finds an opposite teams TB and hangs onto it. Of course, you could come up with a way of handling this as well.

DragonFly Dreams here. I'm a Yankee by birth and a Southern by move. I'd like to join your 'volunteer' army. I can come up with 5 TB's. Keep me in your loop. Neat idea.

What home cache would you be able to use as a HQ?

Thanks

Eric

Well, I'm finally back from vacation. Went to the Dollar store today and picked up the two armies.

After I get caught up with a few things this week I'll start sending out the soldiers.

Those of you that have HQ's and need some soldiers (You will need to supply TB's) contact me via my profile.

I'll have the web page ready soon.

Eric

Just about ready. I need anyone interested to contact me via my profile to let me know how many soldiers you will be able to release.

Also make sure you include a postal address I can send the soldiers to. The more you can start out the better. However there is no minimum.

Thanks

Eric

Eric after reading the site I see that people can join my group it that true? If so we should make rules for joining so that one group does not get out numbered. Just a thought.

The plan is is someone wants to join they will need to e-mail me first. That way I can keep the sides balanced.

Eric after reading the site I see that people can join my group it that true? If so we should make rules for joining so that one group does not get out numbered. Just a thought.

The plan is is someone wants to join they will need to e-mail me first. That way I can keep the sides balanced.

Kewl thats what I wanted to make sure was going to happen.

GO TAN ARMY!

Kewl thats what I wanted to make sure was going to happen.

GO TAN ARMY!

By the way. Your soldiers will be going out Priorty Mail tomorrow morning. :-)

Let me know when you get them all activated so I can ad them to the web page.

The only reason why your base may not be attacked first is it's hard to motivate the troops to attack Idaho! ;)

Team Jsam and Maingray.

Jsam: Yours were sent priority mail.

Maingray: Yours were sent regular postal service

Both from Ohio. There was also a Tan Squad sent today to Kansas. So the Tan army will actually outnumber the Green Army....well, I guess you really can't count the Tan Army that will be stationed in Idaho! :-)

Hopefully you guys will get them tomorrow. Evidently the postal service is under the command of the Green Army.

Hi Eric,

I have been in contact with Team Jsam In Idaho and am debating whether to Join an existing Army (they think Tan has some openings) or fielding a team of my own. I live roughly 130 miles from them and they are by far the closest participants. Are there restrictions on how close Armies can be, as either friend or Foe. So far Idaho only has one Tan Army. By reading the posts i understand the troops will be privided and that we need to provide the TB Tags. Please let me know if you would like another team of either color here or since our state already has a team to join theirs. Thanks Either way i'm in

Hi Eric,

I have been in contact with Team Jsam In Idaho and am debating whether to Join an existing Army (they think Tan has some openings) or fielding a team of my own. I live roughly 130 miles from them and they are by far the closest participants. Are there restrictions on how close Armies can be, as either friend or Foe. So far Idaho only has one Tan Army. By reading the posts i understand the troops will be privided and that we need to provide the TB Tags. Please let me know if you would like another team of either color here or since our state already has a team to join theirs. Thanks Either way i'm in

Right now I'm trying to spread them out evenly. If you are in Idaho also and could set up 5 I would prefer you have a Green Army. That could lead so nice little skirmishes in that area. If you couldn't do 5 I could send you some 'mercenaries' to place in the area.

Let me know when you get a chance.

Thanks

Eric

I would love to play! I am in southern Ohio, near Kentucky, and not too far from WV. I can fund 5 tags. I think I have 2 or 3 sets tucked away somewhere. More will have to wait until payday, though.

My home cache is Home Is Where The Horse Is.

Maggieszoo:

Contact me via my profile to let me know if you would be able to place 5 soldiers or if it would be fewer. Also via my profile send me your postal address.

Thanks

Just found out about the war. I was just wondering if you have the capability on your site to track the soldiers without TB tags, why not make your own tags to be printed out with numbers on them for your site. (Not sure if this is breaking some kind of rule) It just seems more cost efficient only the soldiers would not be tracked on geocaching.com. Just my opinion. I would love to join in on the war but I am off to Korea for a year. Maybe my wife and son will want to join in. Peace

Just read about this and it sounds like a blast! Can I get in? I'm in western Maryland and have some TB tags around. I'll email you off list.

Barb <_<

Barb:

I'll keep an eye out for your mail. If you sent it and don't here from me let me know here in the forum. Some of the mail through the geocaching site to aol member has been going slowly.

Hi Eric

Just following up to see if you got my info?

Yes, now I 'beleive' I sent the army out to you but now I'm not 100% certain. I'll send another set out tomorrow. if you get two sets just send one back.

Edited by Eric K

I'm still waiting on my TBs!!! I'll be there as soon as I can be, Tannies!!!

You should have received them by now. Send me your information again to my aol account if you still have it.

Also include any pertinent information. How many soldiers, color, cache, etc...

Thanks

Eric

You should have received them by now. Send me your information again to my aol account if you still have it.

Thanks

Eric

I got the soldiers, not the TBs.. I ordered them by slowmo, from Groundspeak :laughing: .

Thanks

Eric

I got the soldiers, not the TBs.. I ordered them by slowmo, from Groundspeak :laughing: .

O.K. Just let me know when you get the TB's and get the soldiers set up.

Thanks again,

Eric

(I think it's just the typical Tan Army slackers not wanting to go on duty) :-)

Just a suggestion on this and it looks like I'm a bit late, but as far as dividing teams goes, split states that start with vowels and 2-part names (ND, WV, RI, etc) vs others. THat would make 22 vs 28, split AK and HI and every state borders at least one of the other states. Playing N v S gets a lot of states a long ways from enemy territory.