Alternative To Mapsource (and A Quick Poi Question)

Hi, new to everything and love geocaching. I currently own the legend cx and city navigator north america v8.

I'm planning a trip to Norway and was/am planning on buying the city navigator europe, but after seeing the price tag and only going to 1 country, I'm wondering if there is an alternative for mapsource. Is there another company that sells individual country maps that are compatible with garmin units?

I'm trying not to come off as a cheap-o... if the solution is to buy CN-europe, I'll do that... but being a noob and not being in the know, I feel like I might be missing better or smarter alternatives.

2nd question. Are the POIs in the CN software addressed-based (so they can understandibly be "off" a little bit) or are they specifically inputted into the software as true lat/log coordinates and therefore should be dead-on?

I don't have any info on alternative map data sources for Norway, but as to your POI question: it seems it is a little of both. I have CN Europe v8 and looking at London, things like hotels seem to be bound to their posted address. So, for example, the Grange Holbourn (a hotel I stay at when travelling to London for work) is listed as 50 Southampton Row which is the official address. However, the entrance to the hotel is really off of Old Glouchester Street. But when creating a car route to the hotel, it ends up bringing one in southbound on Southampton Row creating some needless going round in circles because it is bound to the 'official' street address. Other POIs, like entryways into the tube stations, are shown at their 'correct' geoposition (and they have no real street address associated with them). My guess is that most POIs are simply geocoded street addresses, though.

I doubt you can get non-Garmin Norwegian maps into a Garmin unit without spending a lot of time. I've heard of methods though. But if you could live without auto-routing, you could try finding cheap versions of Metroguide Europe. Since you don't need codes for Metroguide you could aquire "used" maps. I could possibly help you find some. Contact me if you're interested.

If you want autoroute you need CN.