Meades Ranch Geodetic Center Benchmark Coins

Rattlingcrew

All orders paid for have been shipped, even that Canadian one. :D:D

We are leaving town in the morning and plan to be gone until Sunday evening. I will ship all orders paid before we leave. I will try to get all inquiries answered before midnight Sunday night. I hope you all enjoy them. Thanks, Glen

By the way GEO*Trailblazer 1, your check arrived today, did your coin? Thanks, Glen

Edited because I cannot spell chack, I mean check....

Yes and I love it.

Thank you very much.

In New Mesican

Mucho grassy A**

That was fast.

But I only live a few miles away if you think geographically.

I have been pondering the math.

I have some thoughts on the geodetic centers of the hemispheres.

Like 0* and E W 90*

And then half way to the pole would be at the + -45th paralell at 90*.

Just some thoughts on how much figurin went into this and the other Center of the Nation.

And they did it back then without computers or GPS.

I am back and caught up. We did not do much caching, but we saw a bunch of beautiful country. :D Glen

I sent you an email requesting 2 last thursday and have had no response?

You should have a message, I have been through lots of these and you are not the first to contact me about not getting a reply. I am shipping off of the PayPal messages when they come in. There has been way too much email to keep track of it any other way.

If for some reason you did not get a PayPal invoice, probably my error for not hitting the final request money button, please contact me again. I am pretty sure I missed a couple. Thanks for your patience, Glen

:D:)

I am back and caught up. We did not do much caching, but we saw a bunch of beautiful country. :D Glen

I sent you an email requesting 2 last thursday and have had no response?

You should have a message, I have been through lots of these and you are not the first to contact me about not getting a reply. I am shipping off of the PayPal messages when they come in. There has been way too much email to keep track of it any other way.

If for some reason you did not get a PayPal invoice, probably my error for not hitting the final request money button, please contact me again. I am pretty sure I missed a couple. Thanks for your patience, Glen

:D:)

Received your email. Deposited the funds for 2 coins in your PayPal account. Thanks.

You didn't by any chance have pins made did you?

No pins, but that is a great idea. I did have a limited run of silver coins made. I was not going to announce them as they were supposed to all go into caches and personal contacts. None were to be sold. They are going to start showing up on EBAY, I donated six of the silver coins to the ID TIMBERWOLF charity auctions. I still do not plan to sell any of them. Everything paid for has been shipped, the last just went out about 30 minutes ago. Thanks all. Glen

No pins, but that is a great idea. I did have a limited run of silver coins made. I was not going to announce them as they were supposed to all go into caches and personal contacts. None were to be sold. They are going to start showing up on EBAY, I donated six of the silver coins to the ID TIMBERWOLF charity auctions. I still do not plan to sell any of them. Everything paid for has been shipped, the last just went out about 30 minutes ago. Thanks all. Glen

If you do decide to have pins made I'd definitely be interested in buying some.

I just received my coins and let me say that I think this is most beautiful coin I've seen. True, I have a soft spot for benchmarks...but the finish is so satiny the coin looks like it has been hand-polished. Thank you so much for producing such a great coin!

Rusty at personalgeocoins was a great help with these. I sent him the basic idea and a photo, he offered me a few finish options and edited the history so it would fit. He suggested that we add the coodinates, which was an excellent idea. I thought they turned out very nicely.

I hope that everybody who cruises these forums and wants one, gets one.

I am caught up on requests and shipments, several have either wrote or posted that they have their coins.

There has been a whole lot of coins leave Salina during the last five days!

Thanks all. :)

Glen

RattlingCrew, Your coin looks good in the picture but so much better in the hand. Thanks for putting out such a quality coin. I also really appreciate the history on the back. This is my favorite coin.

Thanks! :laughing: That is a heck of a compliment coming from a guy that has my favorite personal coin.

All coins have been shipped now. I still have a few, but supplies are definitely fading fast! :o Glen

RattlingCrew, Your coin looks good in the picture but so much better in the hand. Thanks for putting out such a quality coin. I also really appreciate the history on the back. This is my favorite coin.

Thanks! :unsure: That is a heck of a compliment coming from a guy that has my favorite personal coin.

All coins have been shipped now. I still have a few, but supplies are definitely fading fast! :laughing: Glen

Emailed you :o

I am once again all caught up on orders. If you have not been billed, you might drop me a line. Everything paid for has been shipped. I met a cacher today at the 6th Principle Meridian Cache and he got a free silver one. One of those face to face contacts. He was quite surprised. Glen

Missed the event held here a few weeks ago, but wanted to visit anyway. Glad I did. I just finished looking at the various monuments and markers when Glen of Rattling Crew showed up to take some photos. He's making a geocoin featuring the 6th PM. Neat Idea! We talked for a while and then lifted the lid on the cover to get a good shot of the actual rock and marker. Bonus for me was a gift from Glen of one of his new Meade Ranch coins. If the 6th PM ends up anything like the Meade Ranch coin it will be one that KS geocachers will surely want to add to their collections. Thanks Glen for the assistance and the coin.
:lol: I guess I am going to have to drive that half mile over to your house, wait till somebody walks down the street, let those big white dogs out to chase the person walking down the street and while that scenario plays out, I will slip in and get some of these elusive Benchmark coins you have. Heard you treated your little brother out for some all you can eat supper tonight so I guess it would be dangerous to be around either one of you from what I hear you had to eat. :) I work all weekend so don't give all your coins away yet. From: One of the GOOD GUYS "SASO". :blink:

:lol: I guess I am going to have to drive that half mile over to your house, wait till somebody walks down the street, let those big white dogs out to chase the person walking down the street and while that scenario plays out, I will slip in and get some of these elusive Benchmark coins you have. Heard you treated your little brother out for some all you can eat supper tonight so I guess it would be dangerous to be around either one of you from what I hear you had to eat. :blink: I work all weekend so don't give all your coins away yet. From: One of the GOOD GUYS "SASO". :blink:

Does not the police in Salina department look down on one officer robbing another even if they claim to be brothers? :)

AJAYHAWKFAN wrote:

Does not the police in Salina department look down on one officer robbing another even if they claim to be brothers?

That one is not a brother, by blood anyway. I guess we are all brothers in life. I would trust him with anything I own, except maybe that bucket of about 300 different coins.. :lol: I see you are taking some of my coins to Alaska, leave the coins and take me! :) Glen

AJAYHAWKFAN wrote:

Does not the police in Salina department look down on one officer robbing another even if they claim to be brothers?

That one is not a brother, by blood anyway. I guess we are all brothers in life. I would trust him with anything I own, except maybe that bucket of about 300 different coins.. :lol: I see you are taking some of my coins to Alaska, leave the coins and take me! :lol: Glen

I think your coins would be better travel companions. B)

AJAYHAWKFAN wrote:

That one is not a brother, by blood anyway. I guess we are all brothers in life. I would trust him with anything I own, except maybe that bucket of about 300 different coins.. :lol: I see you are taking some of my coins to Alaska, leave the coins and take me! B) Glen

I think your coins would be better travel companions. B)

:lol: Definitely cheaper and quieter. B) Glen

AJAYHAWKFAN wrote:

That one is not a brother, by blood anyway. I guess we are all brothers in life. I would trust him with anything I own, except maybe that bucket of about 300 different coins.. :D I see you are taking some of my coins to Alaska, leave the coins and take me! :( Glen

I think your coins would be better travel companions. :lol:

:unsure: Definitely cheaper and quieter. -_- Glen

:( "QUIETER" is quite the understatement!!!! :D (sorry but I had to get my roast in) Oh, Thanks for the great Meades Ranch Geocoins. - Dave