Indiana 06 Geocoin

Team Tecmage

i know i had nothing to do with planning, organizing, etc. of this coin, but is it possible to snag one of those extras, or are they all gone already? if so, how do i go about payment. thanks in advance!

d-town...formerly "top con" and friends

Email team techmage, he said there were a few left over.

I received my coins today! They look great!

This past Father's Day weekend, I introduced my father to geocaching. We spent all day caching together. The third cache we found that day was the one featured on this coin!

Since then, my dad has become an avid cacher! We have spent many happy days caching together!

In honor of his first day caching, I gave him a pair of these coins (one trackable and one non-trackable) tonight at dinner! He was very impressed with the coins and very happy to receive them as a gift!

Here's the update. I have sent out every order but a dozen. I will have them in the mail tomorrow, that means local to Indiana orders will arrive by the weekend!!

If anyone is still looking for some of either type, we have extras.

I would be interested in one or two sets. I received a set from my son markz68 and was really impressed. I don't know what the price was, so I don't know if I want one or two sets. If you could reserve me one at least and send the pricing info, I will make payment. Thanks for a great coin.

x-sighted

We got our coins today! Very happy with the way they turned out, but, we are having the same problem. Cheat Sheet with it says to get the activation code at coincodes.com, but the coin isn't listed there! So, now what???

And most everyone but me thought this was going 'normally'. It just seems as though this particular coin is jinxed! When the final tally is made I think we will see that the coin really just took too long to produce.

We have to do better next time!

But, I must admit that, based purely upon the posts, the shipping went very fast and quite smooth!

Signed,

Not so optimistic after more'n a year :laughing:

We got our coins today! Very happy with the way they turned out, but, we are having the same problem. Cheat Sheet with it says to get the activation code at coincodes.com, but the coin isn't listed there! So, now what???

And most everyone but me thought this was going 'normally'. It just seems as though this particular coin is jinxed! When the final tally is made I think we will see that the coin really just took too long to produce.

We have to do better next time!

But, I must admit that, based purely upon the posts, the shipping went very fast and quite smooth!

Signed,

Not so optimistic after more'n a year :laughing:

Kind of new to this thread, but as one who possesses a set of this coin and wanting more, I thought I would jump in here. I think the coin is really great. I have little knowledge of the amount of time from start to finish, but did try to get activation codes today after receiving these coins as a gift last night. I also had no luck. I sent an email to usageocoins asking for suggestions. They responded that they were checking with Coins and Pins to see if they were to have these codes. They copied Coins and Pins with the response to me. I then got another email reply a few minutes later stating that Coins and Pins replied to them and they should be up later this evening. Hope that takes care of the problem. Again, thanks for a great looking coin.

x-sighted

Thanks for the nice compliment on the coin design (I designed them with input from lots of nice folks in this thread) and it was the first time I ever tried something like that. I actually blushed with pleasure when I read your post last night. I'm glad to hear that you've been enjoying caching, enjoyed that nice cache featured by the coin, and liked the coins, too.

Do remember that one version is collectible but not trackable. I like the way the non-trackable turned out even more than the trackable, but I like them both.

If you want more coins, be sure to email directly to team techmage. His last note said there were more available. He was elbow deep in research projects and so forth last I heard from him, so I'm not sure how often he is checking this forum (or his email) but he'll run across your email eventually.

Neos2

Signed,

Not so optimistic after more'n a year :)

How do you figure this was "more than a year"?

We didn't even start discussing it until July of '06 and it was months until the design was finalized.

Easy there Mr Neos, please. At this point in the process I get annoyed easily. You know good and well that this took far too long. That is the basis of my post and for some reason you take issue with it. Could the sucking sound I hear from your post be due to the fact that your suggested design was used and one could consider this 'your coin'?

I really enjoy the 2006 coin. Purchased four of them. Maybe I don't have all of the facts, but I also believe that Tecmage might have realized sooner that he could not put the time and effort needed to complete the project in a timely manner. He could have passed the torch so that we could have had the coin in reasonable time. Look back through the thread, you will see:

Jul 18: Thread opened for ideas for the 2006 coin.

Jul 26: You suggested the Whitewater Canal Image.

Jul 26: You posted a rounded image which looks alot like the image on the produced coin.

Aug 18: The basic design is hammered out in just one month. Please note that only a few basic color and text changes differ in the produced coin. Knowing this, help me to understand what the holdup was!

Markz68 comented at that time that he could not wait until they were available. Little did he know that it would be 7 months before he would see his coins. SEVEN MONTHS!

Aug 21: Legal hurdles must be ironed out for the use of the image.

Sep 5: The design use of the images were approved (honestly, thanks to your hard work). This is, I believe the point where the design of the coin stopped. You and tecmage decided on the design you submitted on Jul 26. Am I wrong?

Sep 16: Design submitted for Die Art. This should really be the start of coin production, shouldn't it?

Oct 6: Die art images posted

Oct 7: Second coin sent for die art

Oct 25: A bunch of 'hooting' about colors. It is interesting to note ther that you posted a toast all 'round for the way this coin was developed by the community. However, all I really saw was you promoting your idea and all others back-burnered and even poo-pood (is poo-pood a word?). The thought that cornstalks would make it on an Indiana coin was just unfathomable. My point is that, beyond a few color corrections by experienced coin producers thats really all of the community envolvement I was able to glean. Certainly no reason for taking so long to develop and produce this coin.

Oct 27: Request to redate the coin to 2007 if not shipped in 2006 was first suggested.

Nov 30: You said that tecmage was putting 'final tinkering' to finalize the design which should be ready by the end of the week.

Dec 13: Yet another muted request to redate the coin to 2007.

Dec 20: You suggested that the 2005 coin took only four months to produce. I have to tell you that I do not think that the 2006 coin is four months better than the 2005. Don't get me wrong, it is beautiful, but I very much like the 2005 as well. It is my opinion that the extra four months to produce this coin was simply the product of a busy man with little time for the production of the coin. We can agree that it took four months longer to produce the 2006 coin, can't we?

Dec 21: Tecmage admits that the coins are '2 months behind'. Maybe a request for help should have came here?

Dec 21: Welch lists a timeline to suggest that because this coin is a "community project" the extended time needed to produce the coin is justified. Maybe he still thinks that nearly four months later, I do not know as he rarely commented following this post.

Jan 10: Both 2006 coins are "done and ready to go"!

Jan 19: Ordering starts

February: A few complaints and "update requests" are posted

March: Many complaints, even a few honest rumblings from the old "be patient" crowd.

March 20: Two months after "done and ready to go" the "COINS ARE IN"! Shipping starts immediately and is really the only thing I agree went well.

Now I would like for all reading this to understand that I researched and posted all this not only because you berated me but because at some point in this production I graciously offered to assist with the project to produce the coin because it appeared (and now the evidence shows) that tecmage had much on his plate and mind. Many others more qualified than I could also have put the time into getting this coin out in 2006 when I and at least two others thought it should. My offer was ignored and now you appear to want to argue the fact that there was a problem at all.

Someone in a post said that they appreciated all the effort being put into the coins. I find this interesting seeing as only yourself and tecmage really had much implemented input on the coin. In another post you related that you were very happy that the community assisted with the production of the coin. As I indicated, someone even targeted this community cooperation as the cause for dragging out production. Lets be honest here. Read the posts. On Sep 6 you thanked tecmage for "indulging you" and letting you work with your imaging tools. This is just a little too obvious Mr Neos.

Read post #144 for an accurate insight into how things went.

While you are reading, post #150 has some of the best "community ideas" for future coins including passing production on to others in future years. None of these ideas related to the 2006 coin but this is probably the best and most productive post in the entire thread.

In post #151 Torry rightly suggests that yourself and tecmage were solely responsible for the issuance of this coin. However, I do not agree that you "allowed input over a long period". Well, maybe you "allowed input" but you rarely used it! Please help me find a single suggestion listed in the posts from another member which you used aside from punctuation or colors. Think about this then tell me again how it was a "community project". Perhaps in this case "community project" means that we get to see an image of the coin before it is produced. I would agree with this definition.

Perhaps rightly so many of those who were worried that this coin would ever be produced have now quietly stepped away from the table because they recently recieved their coins. I will always have a problem with anyone who skews the facts and is not honest with the rest of us simply in persuit of their own interests. You figure out who I am talking about.

Thank you tecmage and Neos2 for all the hard work. But please, let someone with the time and desire to implement community ideas produce the next "community project coin".

I love you all!

Signed,

We didn't even start discussing it until July of '06 and it was months until the design was finalized.

Easy there Mr Neos, please. At this point in the process I get annoyed easily. You know good and well that this took far too long. That is the basis of my post and for some reason you take issue with it. Could the sucking sound I hear from your post be due to the fact that your suggested design was used and one could consider this 'your coin'?

Here's one fact you missed. Neos2 is Mrs Neos and she was the one that did the work on the coin. As for the sucking sound, I won't get into that but I don't think it was coming from this computer.

Signed,

Here's one fact you missed. Neos2 is Mrs Neos and she was the one that did the work on the coin. As for the sucking sound, I won't get into that but I don't think it was coming from this computer. As for berating you, all I saw was a question about your time frame.

<snip>

In post #151 Torry rightly suggests that yourself and tecmage were solely responsible for the issuance of this coin. However, I do not agree that you "allowed input over a long period". Well, maybe you "allowed input" but you rarely used it! Please help me find a single suggestion listed in the posts from another member which you used aside from punctuation or colors. Think about this then tell me again how it was a "community project". Perhaps in this case "community project" means that we get to see an image of the coin before it is produced. I would agree with this definition.

<snip>

I am not choosing sides here. I agree that this coin took WAY TOO LONG to receive, especially since I paid way back in January.

I also was one of the people calling for a change in date to 2007 (which I still feel should have happened).

However, there was one suggestion that I made that actually made it to the coin! In post #41 that I made on July 19th, I suggested using the canal boat in Metamora and linked to the cache that featured it.

Since that is the cache/location that ended up being used, I get a little joy when I look at this coin knowing that I got to suggest what ended up being on the coin!

Team Tecmage & Neos. Thank you so much for all the work and all the trouble you have gone thru to bring this off. If it took longer than normal, so what. We got the coins and they are great. I hope you two work together and pull off the 2007 coin.

For those that weren't pleased then I suggest you don't buy them again. It is a simple as that.

Let's get back to caching.

Deermark

Signed,

Not so optimistic after more'n a year :anicute:

Here's one fact you missed. Neos2 is Mrs Neos and she was the one that did the work on the coin. As for the sucking sound, I won't get into that but I don't think it was coming from this computer. As for berating you, all I saw was a question about your time frame.

:) So important you had to post it twice!! <LOL>

Thanx for the clarification. Fortunately the sex of the individual was not in question. I researched the issues, not the people.

I think you missed my point entirely. Please re-read the post and try to figure out what my point was regarding the sucking sound. I don't want to get into a pissin' contest with anyone here. I just wanted to explain my take on the situation.

Again, thank you, or rather her, for the hard work. The coin is very nice. Just not really "worth the wait", IMO.

Edited by Span 24

<snip>

<snip>

I am not choosing sides here. I agree that this coin took WAY TOO LONG to receive, especially since I paid way back in January.

I also was one of the people calling for a change in date to 2007 (which I still feel should have happened).

However, there was one suggestion that I made that actually made it to the coin! In post #41 that I made on July 19th, I suggested using the canal boat in Metamora and linked to the cache that featured it.

Since that is the cache/location that ended up being used, I get a little joy when I look at this coin knowing that I got to suggest what ended up being on the coin!

And a very good suggestion too! Thank you for correcting me. Any others?

The point was and still is that the amount of 'work' that went into the coin did not justify the time spent. My response to Neos2s criticism of my frustration post.

Team Tecmage & Neos. Thank you so much for all the work and all the trouble you have gone thru to bring this off. If it took longer than normal, so what. We got the coins and they are great. I hope you two work together and pull off the 2007 coin.

For those that weren't pleased then I suggest you don't buy them again. It is a simple as that.

Let's get back to caching.

Deermark

So if I don't like the time it took to produce the coin I should not own a copy of it? Think about what you are suggesting Deermark. Should I not own one of these fine coins simply because I did not enjoy the frustration of waiting more than double the normal wait? Really?

Just speaking my mind here Deermark in hopes that it will effect future production of Indiana GeoCoins. I think that all would honestly agree that it did take much too long to produce this coin. Some care, some don't. I do...

And yes, I have my coins.

When the snow finally goes away here in cold-cold Northern Indiana we will get back to caching. :)

well, since i just got into the coin thing, i recieved an email which said there were a few left. so i am still pretty excited that i might get a couple! i can't wait, this will be my first indiana coin....and i guess definitely woth the wait! thanks all, just wanted to lighten the mood in here....sheesh!!!

Hey guys...

Does this coin have a unique icon? So far it just shows up as the generic coin icon.

I haven't tried to log one yet, but I was charged for a custom icon. Thanks for catching that! I'll contact C&P about that. I did notice that the coins have the "PC" prefix instead of "IN", but did check the icon.

Hey guys...

Does this coin have a unique icon? So far it just shows up as the generic coin icon.

I haven't tried to log one yet, but I was charged for a custom icon. Thanks for catching that! I'll contact C&P about that. I did notice that the coins have the "PC" prefix instead of "IN", but did check the icon.

Signed,

Not so optimistic after more'n a year ;)

I would personally use the date Sept. 16th as the 'start' date, but even if we use July... how did it take a year? :P

Dec 21: Welch lists a timeline to suggest that because this coin is a "community project" the extended time needed to produce the coin is justified. Maybe he still thinks that nearly four months later, I do not know as he rarely commented following this post.

I rarely commented because there was little to talk about after that. The design was sent in, the mint was supposed to be working, and TT was coordinating a place to taking orders and such, not much to comment on there IMO.

I will also repeat what I told you before:

"If I were waiting for a geocoin business/club to pop out a coin I wanted to buy I'd be a bit ticked they took four months [or more]. However, since this is part personal interest project for TT, and part 'design by forum', it taking a bit longer than "usual" isn't suprizing."

I would have liked more frequent updates from Team Techmage, but it was how it was.

Now I would like for all reading this to understand that I researched and posted all this not only because you berated me but because at some point in this production I graciously offered to assist with the project to produce the coin because it appeared (and now the evidence shows) that tecmage had much on his plate and mind. Many others more qualified than I could also have put the time into getting this coin out in 2006 when I and at least two others thought it should. My offer was ignored and now you appear to want to argue the fact that there was a problem at all.

Someone in a post said that they appreciated all the effort being put into the coins. I find this interesting seeing as only yourself and tecmage really had much implemented input on the coin. In another post you related that you were very happy that the community assisted with the production of the coin. As I indicated, someone even targeted this community cooperation as the cause for dragging out production. Lets be honest here. Read the posts. On Sep 6 you thanked tecmage for "indulging you" and letting you work with your imaging tools. This is just a little too obvious Mr Neos.

I don't see the taking of input as a commitment that it will be used. If Team Tecmage had wanted to they could have come up with design all their own, had it done, and sold it "here's a coin, these are the specs, order at...". They didn't, they stopped frequently and asked for suggestions from anyone that wanted to give input. Were the suggestions always used? No. Were they looked at? As far as I can tell, yes.

While you are reading, post #150 has some of the best "community ideas" for future coins including passing production on to others in future years. None of these ideas related to the 2006 coin but this is probably the best and most productive post in the entire thread.

I think each person that would lead a coin from start to finish would do things differently, some with only slight changes, some with only slight changes, some very different.

I guess I'll ask, Span 24 what do you think would have improved this or future 'community project' coins?:cry:

Do you want to spend time on voting for/against each proposed idea/design? Would you have preferred different people doing various parts (one to take input on the forum, another one to be contact with the broker/mint, someone else to upfront bill/collect the monies, more to orangize packing and shipping)? Should the role of 'ram rod' rotate to keep the coin from being bias to one area/person/whatever?

Also, before I forget, My coins arrived today. Very nice! Many thanks to those made this coin happen :) .

:cry:

No offense meant to Span24 cuz nearly everyone that knows me knows that I'm usually the first hot head in the room. But I think that you are elevating your bloodpressure over approx. $15-20. And possibly alienating some really great people that could be potentially great friends. I know...its the principle...again it was probably only around $15-20. I get ripped off for more than that every month in healthcare, taxes, gas and other misc. At least you finally got your coins. The only thing I usually get after I pay a dr. bill is another bill saying they didn't charge me enough.

And yeah I do know how you feel about ideas not being used. Do you know what I did? I came up with my own idea and Prairiepartners and I made it ourself(Indiana micro basketball). I have to say that I really like it but...we didn't ask a single soul for input on it.

wow, that's weird for me to not be the hothead ;)

is that a sign of old age???

my god I have to find something to be pissed off about!!! :)

...I got it I'm pissed that its going to be so phreaking cold tomorrow for Trailmix 8

yeah thats it I'm pissed about the cold weather coming back

p.s. sorry about the rant. it's 1a.m. and I can't sleep cuz I'm soooo excited about the trailmix in 9hrs.

My only comment to all this is.....I'm still waiting for my WY 2006 coins that were mailed on April 3rd last year...

All without any updates or answers to any questions raised by coin purchasers. At least we were kept fairly up to date with this project and at least I never doubted they would get done and shipped to me.

Well I'm still waiting too :cry:

I don't think anyone to far from Indiana has gotten theirs yet either. ;)

WOW! I missed the steam being let off yesterday. Span24, I think you are way out of line for picking at Team Neos. Sheri has done nothing but keep this project moving. Yes, I understand that you have a VALID issue the amount of time I took getting things in line and ordered, and I accept that criticism. You've got a short fuse about this project- join the club, but do not attack someone because you felt your ideas weren't considered!!