Indiana 06 Geocoin

Team Tecmage

If I was reading correctly then I think it really is just a question of "how long does it take to produce a coin?".

Looks like this thread opened in July with requests for ideas and nearly six months later the coin has still yet to be ordered. It sounded like folks were just getting a little concerned that it was taking more time than they thought it should.

Yes it has been open since July, but I think if you look threw the thread theres only been a 'coin' since September.

Sept. 16 TeamTecmager says they submited the idea for artwork

Oct. 6 Art comes back and TT posts it and asks for comments/suggestions etc. (a couple weeks of commets follow)

Oct. 25th TT Notes changes, and asks if theres anything else?

Nov. 30th Neos2 posts that TT is doing 'final tinkering'

Dec. 6th TT says final changes have been submitted, and that this thread will be close and order will begin 'soon'.

Dec 20 TT says final changes have been submitted (but hasn't come back yet), and that ordering will be at the INGEO site.

If I were waiting for a geocoin business/club to pop out a coin I wanted to buy I'd be a bit ticked they took four months. However, since this is part personal interest project for TT, and part 'design by forum', it taking a bit longer than "usual" isn't suprizing.

Yep, welch is right. Since you are new, span24, you may not be aware of this, but our 2005 Indiana geocoin was also suggested and sponsored by team techmage. It took about four months to go from "initial idea" to "ready to order"--and there was a lot less input from the community on that one. We just sat around and said, "Um yeah great, make us a coin, dude. We'll buy it" :o

The current coin would already be on order, but the coin company had some issues they had to clear up. That's not in team tecmage's control and none of us could have made that part happen any faster.

Personally, I liked the fact that lots of people made suggestions on the 2006 one, and I feel sure we can do something like that again for the 2007 coin. Team techmage is right, and we do need to start earlier this year. I think March is too late.

So hey everyone, whattaya say we start throwing out ideas in February? I figure the worst thing that could happen is that we won't agree on one coin and we'll end up with a couple of coins!

Sorry, we have been swamped with work and life outside of caching. I have submitted the final changes and have asked about the resident coin again. We'll be closing this thread soon and opening up for orders quickly.

:ph34r: .................................................................... :ph34r:

Sorry, we have been swamped with work and life outside of caching. I have submitted the final changes and have asked about the resident coin again. We'll be closing this thread soon and opening up for orders quickly.

B) .................................................................... :ph34r:

Good point. C&P is back from Christmas shutdown. Pricing is supposed to be in my hands Friday AM. From there we'll close thread and open preordering for both coins.

Yep, welch is right. Since you are new, span24, you may not be aware of this, but our 2005 Indiana geocoin was also suggested and sponsored by team techmage. It took about four months to go from "initial idea" to "ready to order"--and there was a lot less input from the community on that one. We just sat around and said, "Um yeah great, make us a coin, dude. We'll buy it" :laughing:

The current coin would already be on order, but the coin company had some issues they had to clear up. That's not in team tecmage's control and none of us could have made that part happen any faster.

Personally, I liked the fact that lots of people made suggestions on the 2006 one, and I feel sure we can do something like that again for the 2007 coin. Team techmage is right, and we do need to start earlier this year. I think March is too late.

So hey everyone, whattaya say we start throwing out ideas in February? I figure the worst thing that could happen is that we won't agree on one coin and we'll end up with a couple of coins!

Neos I like your coins and they are cute. I have a complete set.:laughing:

Why wait till Febuary?

I say the 2007 coin should be in the shape of Indiana, Trackable, with Icon (Shaped like the State too) Similar to the Mississippi coins, 2 metals - 1 for everybody, 1 for residents.

Also, Oakcoins are great people to work with and make a great looking coin for great prices.

There's my 2 cents worth for the 2007 coin.

Hey MC, Hope all's well with you and the New Year is good to you!

Edited by 501_Gang

I plan on coming out with a gc trackable coin for Indiana this year. I will post the art as soon as I get it.

All for cost + postage.

If you ae interested in the IndiGO coin let me know that is what I had in mind. :D

Regards

MC :D

A shape coin for IndiGO eh?

Indigo.jpg

Whew! Fayette County barely made it!

I say the 2007 coin should be in the shape of Indiana, Trackable, with Icon (Shaped like the State too) Similar to the Mississippi coins, 2 metals - 1 for everybody, 1 for residents.

Now THAT sounds cool!!!!!!

Another vote for that design!

Three! I hate non trackable coins.... I still buy them, but I hate them! :D

Why wait till Febuary?

Also, Oakcoins are great people to work with and make a great looking coin for great prices.

There's my 2 cents worth for the 2007 coin.

Hey MC, Hope all's well with you and the New Year is good to you!

I agree with everything you said--but can't we have a new thread at least?

Sweet! So when does the sale begin?

I'm working with the good folks at Indianageocaching.com to get up the sale pages now and working out the shipping charges. We should be ready in a couple of days.

Finally, the moment we have all been waiting for! I can't wait to get mine ordered!

Thanks for the hard work and the update!

It's time!

Ordering info

Thanks to the good folks at indianageocaching.com for hosting the coin information. When you check out the ordering info, stop by the forums and voice your opinion and ideas on the '07 coin!

me too!! <_< at least I'm not the only one who thought there were two prices for the same coin!

didnt know about the trackable :yikes:

Edited by Span 24

I ordered ours. I can hardly wait to see them!

How much longer 'til you list them on the regular gc boards? I want to be sure to email all my Indiana pals first!

I sent the email but haven't heard anything. What's the next step?

If I understood correctly, it's "wait for an invoice email"--I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

How much longer 'til you list them on the regular gc boards? I want to be sure to email all my Indiana pals first!

If I understood correctly, it's "wait for an invoice email"--I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

A post in the forums would be nice too, to let those of us who have to wade through the pages and pages of junk mail know when to look out for the "invoice email"

I have caught up on emails. For those of you that sent emails about orders, I will invoice you via paypal this Friday and Saturday. I will also open a new thread in the Geocoin forum over the weekend as well. In that thread I'm going to have everyone paypal to ingeocoin@gmail.com, and stop invoicing.

Thanks again!

A post in the forums would be nice too, to let those of us who have to wade through the pages and pages of junk mail know when to look out for the "invoice email"

Good point, I'll do that as well!

Have these coins started to ship yet? I ordered 3 back on Jan 28th (or so) and have yet to receive anything. Just checking.

Thanks!

Matt

Good question, when we paid for ours I was assuming these where already done, then found out it was a preorder. It's almost March of 2007. Hope these are here soon. Not complaining, but anxious.

Ummmmmm, this is a VERY NICE coin and, as such, requires considerable planning, an incredible amount of tedious labor by superior craftsmen, and cannot be delivered in short order like "fried eggs and hashbrowns"...

Well, OK, you guessed it... I have absolutely no idea what I am talking about. What I DO know is that if you have issues with patience you would be better served ordering a coin elsewhere. :D

Not complaining, not pessimistic, just callin it as I see it...

There is a 2007 Indiana coin in the works on another website. Maybe it will actually be released in 2007? :D

Ummmmmm, this is a VERY NICE coin and, as such, requires considerable planning, an incredible amount of tedious labor by superior craftsmen, and cannot be delivered in short order like "fried eggs and hashbrowns"...

Well, OK, you guessed it... I have absolutely no idea what I am talking about. What I DO know is that if you have issues with patience you would be better served ordering a coin elsewhere. :D

Not complaining, not pessimistic, just callin it as I see it...

There is a 2007 Indiana coin in the works on another website. Maybe it will actually be released in 2007? :D

My mistake then. I thought when the 'call for orders' went out that meant that production was underway. The tip-off should have been that no photos of the finished coin have been posted. No rush I suppose. :D

Hi All, I haven't been on vacation (Spring Break is this week and next). After placing the order, I have been neck deep in a research study. I have been off GC and Gmail, so I missed an email from C&P about a problem with the die art and numbering. Elyssa called me and we resolved the problem, but damage done.

I am expecting delivery about the 25th. Sorry for the delay.

This was posted in the Geocoin section. Looks like they will be on the way in the near future.

Any updates??

I dunno but this situation is bordering on 'ridiculous' and my patience meter is just about completely stationed at the left side of the guage... :blink:

It will get done. Just sit back and enjoy the anticipation.

Deermark

Edited by Deermark
Any updates??

I dunno but this situation is bordering on 'ridiculous' and my patience meter is just about completely stationed at the left side of the guage... :blink:

Deermark

HA! ...optimist :ph34r:

Any updates??

I dunno but this situation is bordering on 'ridiculous' and my patience meter is just about completely stationed at the left side of the guage... :)

Deermark

OK, is it just me or has this just gone way beyond reasonable explaination? I have to classify any further 'reasons for delays' as excuses.

Whats up with this coin?

Signed,

Thoroughly disgusted....

I second that post. Just a simple update would be nice! It is, after all, 2 days after expected delivery.

I am now a little concerned, as I see that account hasn't even been logged onto since March 8th, which was the last update...in another forum.

Edited by The Herd

:) slice like a ninja cut like a razor blade

Something grabs ahold of me tightly

Then I flow like a harpoon daily and nightly

Will it ever stop?

Yo-- I don't know

Turn off the lights and I'll glow

Was he talking about geocoins I think he's talking about geocoins prairiepartners is he talking about geocoins deermark is he talking about geocoins will there be a bikinibottomfeeders gold geocoin in one of the gorley hill geocaches??? stay tuned next weekend same cache time same cache channel