Badandy Special Edition

BadAndy

Just remember that when you collect payment, PayPal seems to be getting notified of random sales that people report.

So, as someone else mentioned, you could sell BadAndy postcards that get mailed right after payment. And note that each postcard will get two free coins to be delivered later. :laughing:

This is a legit concern though my sense is that in the cases where PP has frozen the account it was a new account. Since he has sold before without complaints, I suspect it will be a non issue.

I dont know why people keep making a big deal out of this. We had someone file against us and we made it right. We just missed the order when sending out a bunch. This happens. We knew who filled, we knew what the issue was and we worked very hard to keep the person updated with information.

I dont think there is a secret cabal running around reporting people to paypal. If someone reports you, you will know who is doing it and you can resolve the issue with them.

BTW, to keep the reply on topic, I am in for a set. I hope to pick up some on my next trip through ID.

thanks!

nielsenc

I dont think there is a secret cabal running around reporting people to paypal. If someone reports you, you will know who is doing it and you can resolve the issue with them.

Of course there isn't, but kealia insists on making up "pots" to stir simply to create more angst in these forums.

As if there's not enough already with current scams.

Geez, lighten up people.

The bottom line is that there have been a number of issues with folks reporting things to PayPal lately and it's caused problems for a number of coin mintings.

I think fair warnings about colelcting funds outside of the 45 day window that PayPal allows, and seems to be enforcing, is valid.

Stop taking things so personally. Not everything is about you.

I think knowing this information - and possibly having it as part of the Guide to Geocoins - is helpful for people who are going to use PayPal.

Stop the witch-hunt. It's getting old.

gollumnotlistening0wh.jpg

Again, Andy - great idea to help get more coins out in the wild.

Of course there isn't, but kealia insists on making up "pots" to stir simply to create more angst in these forums.

As if there's not enough already with current scams.

What current scams are running, so that we can all watch out for them?

Geez, lighten up people.

The bottom line is that there have been a number of issues with folks reporting things to PayPal lately and it's caused problems for a number of coin mintings.

I think fair warnings about colelcting funds outside of the 45 day window that PayPal allows, and seems to be enforcing, is valid.

Stop taking things so personally. Not everything is about you.

I think knowing this information - and possibly having it as part of the Guide to Geocoins - is helpful for people who are going to use PayPal.

Stop the witch-hunt. It's getting old.

gollumnotlistening0wh.jpg

Again, Andy - great idea to help get more coins out in the wild.

Well one thing I would agree with on this post is that the witch hunts need to stop. BUT you are the one making accusations about people making reports to PayPal. You have done two things that amount to a witch hunt:

You have suggested that people shouldn't report a problem when the window was close (in some cases and then supported it in others)

You have made statements along the line of: "People must have reported you to paypal."

The reason this is being addressed here is because you have made unfounded statements. In some of those cases while you did not name names, it was very clear who you were refering to.

So you have absolute control over this so called "witch hunt"

Well one thing I would agree with on this post is that the witch hunts need to stop. BUT you are the one making accusations about people making reports to PayPal. You have done two things that amount to a witch hunt:

You have suggested that people shouldn't report a problem when the window was close (in some cases and then supported it in others)

You have made statements along the line of: "People must have reported you to paypal."

The reason this is being addressed here is because you have made unfounded statements. In some of those cases while you did not name names, it was very clear who you were refering to.

So you have absolute control over this so called "witch hunt"

*yawn*

I won't even engage on this again. Even helpful notices to others get taken out of context.

BadAndy, sorry this is taking up your thread. I've posted the information that I thought would be helpful.

I'm a bit confused, you say the coin stamped COPY is to be released into the wild, and mention it in relation to travel bugs... With travel bugs, isn't the COPY the tag that is kept? If not, I messed up big time...

In any case, count me in for a set. I'll definitely release it into the wild as designed. Like another poster, I think I'd like the silver coin as the keeper though (silver coins rock).

Add me to your list!

-Brian

P.S. Please note, I changed my GC.com name from bacall213 to hybridgeek a while ago, and the forum account name just transferred over and is showing up sometimes as one, other times as the other.

Edited by hybridgeek

I'm a bit confused, you say the coin stamped COPY is to be released into the wild, and mention it in relation to travel bugs... With travel bugs, isn't the COPY the tag that is kept? If not, I messed up big time...

You didn't mess up regarding the travelbug dogtags.

In the case of this coin set, the coin stamped as a "Copy" is intended to be released and the unmolested coin kept in your private collection. The idea is that the coin thats is stamped is easily recognizable as a dedicated traveller. If you see a "COPY" stamped coin in a private collection, it's likely that it was horked from a geocache.