Weird Happenings With Bookmark List Pages

Miragee

I noticed this a few days ago as I was looking at Bookmark Lists in order to create a compilation list of caches recommended by several different cachers in this area.

If I clicked to go to the Next Page in a Multi-page Bookmark list, the Page Number changed, but the list of caches on the page would not change. :unsure:

Here is a screen shot of the caches supposedly on Page 4 of this list of 67 caches.

d2d885bc-300d-4ec6-8d71-02d5f4111576.jpg

If I click to go to page 3 of this list, I am left looking at the same list of caches. :D It doesn't seem to matter if I click on "Next" or the '>>' or the individual page number . . .

Has anyone else noticed this glitch?

I noticed this a few days ago as I was looking at Bookmark Lists in order to create a compilation list of caches recommended by several different cachers in this area.

If I clicked to go to the Next Page in a Multi-page Bookmark list, the Page Number changed, but the list of caches on the page would not change. :unsure:

Here is a screen shot of the caches supposedly on Page 4 of this list of 67 caches.

d2d885bc-300d-4ec6-8d71-02d5f4111576.jpg

If I click to go to page 3 of this list, I am left looking at the same list of caches. :D It doesn't seem to matter if I click on "Next" or the '>>' or the individual page number . . .

Has anyone else noticed this glitch?

I had the same thing happen to me today! I had to close my browser and reopen it to fix the problem!

Yes, it happens to me, too. And this is from the "Bookmark And Ignore Lists / FAQ on new features" topic:

I've experienced the wayward behaviour of bookmark lists for as long as I can remember. I have a list of 56 items. Set to show 20 per page, page 1 shows the first 20, but subsequent pages also show the first 20. So set the page to show 50 and again, only the first 20 appear. Sometimes, newly-added items are missing from the list.

The work-around solution seems to be to select 10 per page - this not only works, it also appears to correct the problem as long as you stay in the bookmark list. To reproduce it again: go to the summary of bookmark lists and select the list from there. It shows "50" as the number to be displayed, but actually displays 20.

:unsure:

HH

so it's been happening for awhile.

I also have a related problem. I have a bookmark with 31 items. If I choose to show 50 items per page and edit one of the items on my Bookmark and then hit "visit the Bookmark list", it reverts to showing only 20 items per page but still shows 50 as the limit, and still shows the total at the bottom (in this case 31) with no option to go to the next page (shows page 1 of 1).

I just tested this with Firefox and the first Bookmark list I looked at proceeded from Page 1 to Page 2, but then it broke again . . . :unsure:

Going to a completely new Bookmark list didn't help. I cannot get past the first page of that 67-cache Bookmark list. irked.gif

This problem continues to occur for me, and to answer Raine's question above, it is not caused by lingering too long on the first page of the bookmark list. I had thought that my use of an older version of IE at my office was contributing to the problem, and it does occur more often there. But yesterday I could not get past page one of my "favorite caches" bookmark list when working at home using the current version of Firefox.

As a workaround, either a page refresh, or switching to a different number of caches displayed, then back again, will sometimes fix the problem.

Just FYI, switching the number of caches displayed works for me as a work around but page refresh does not.

Edit: just to clarify, that's for the problem I listed about editing a bookmark.

Edited by mertat

Miragee.. had you been at the page for a while before you started going to another page?

-Raine

Yes - - - I was picking the best caches from my "Memorable Caches" list to create another "Favorites" list to share with our local caching community.

Just now I was successful in getting to Page 2 of that Bookmark list. thumbsup.gif

Thank you for fixing it. :D

This is still not working. :D Yesterday, I found a couple of caches I DNFd before and wanted to make changes to my Bookmark list of "As Yet Un-resolved DNFs." Only the first page of the 46 entries shows up, and even when I request 50 entries on the page, the same truncated list shows.

However, the number at the bottom changes to 46 . . . :D

Reloading the page doesn't change this result. :D

Naturally, the ones I want to edit off the list are not visible. :D

I have it on my list of things to "figure out why it only happens to certain people" list.

-Raine

Looks like it's on the the "to be fixed" list. In the meantime, have you tried the workaround of selecting 10 per page?

I found a couple of caches yesterday that are on my "Unresolved DNF Bookmark" list.

So, I want to remove the ones I found.

I cannot get to a cache that begins with an 'R.' I have tried all the work-arounds and the only result I get is the first 25 caches in my list . . . ;)

I noticed the same thing a while back. If I look at one bookmark list with 50 items per page, then switch to another booklist - it shows that it should be listing 50 items, but doesn't. I try to look at the 2nd page in the 2nd bookmark list & I get a repeat. To correct this, I've had to click on 10 listings per page, then click back to 50. A real pain for me. I didn't know exactly how to address this, but you all have done a great job at that. I am also hoping this will be fixed.

Another possible clue.

I have a bookmark list that I wanted to keep in a particular order, so I put numbers in front of the name to accomodate this. Later when I needed to change the order, I noticed that if changing the name of an item changed which page it would show up on, the item only moved to the top or bottom of the current page.

I would need to exit the bookmark list and wait an hour or so for the items that were renamed to appear wherer they need to be.

Tried it today and the paging seems to work OK now.

The number of caches per page is working too.

Not for me... I'm still having the same issues.

Same here, happened to me again today. But now I just read about changing the "caches per page" trick and I'll give that a shot next time it happens. I tried clearing my cache and reloading the page today, but that didn't help.

I found a few of the caches on my "As Yet Unresolved DNFs" Bookmark List yesterday. :(

I was able to remove those at the begining of the Boookmark List, but regardless of trying all the work-arounds, I cannot get to the caches on the list past the first 20 . . . :P