When Does 60csx Compas 'uncalibrate'?

so I was out and about, and powered down the 60csx so my trip computer (or tracks) wouldn't pick up any additional mileage while I drove one leg of a course. when I powered back up, my map was wacky..was reading north eventhough I had track up set. switched to compass and found no reading so decided to recalibrate it. that worked, my compass came back and my maps were tracking up again (slow walk under the limit when the compass should be on).

so what made the garmin decide it was no longer calibrated? I thought it happens when I swap batteries, but I didn't do that... hmm... :laughing:

The built in electronic compass feature is one of the worst features Garmin has. It is quirky, needs to be held perfectly still and level, and is disturbed by the slightest breeze. The reason that Garmin doesn't do the project waypoint feature to the compass is because the compass is too quirky. :laughing:

The built in electronic compass feature is one of the worst features Garmin has. It is quirky, needs to be held perfectly still and level, and is disturbed by the slightest breeze. The reason that Garmin doesn't do the project waypoint feature to the compass is because the compass is too quirky. :laughing:

hmm... I think my dog did fart just before the compass went out :mad:

(just kidding, I don't have a dog. maybe the wife? LOL).

yeah, maybe they can fix it w/ software after they make the volume user controllable and also the distance to warning beeps.

(overall, I do like it though...once hell of a step up from the etrex legend). :D