Vanity Licence Plates

Back in the days when I was working for a public resource agency (before geocaching was invented). I made up an acronym that impressed a few of my colleages. It was WTHAI . When I didn't know where I was but wanted to know later where I had been, I would waypoint WTHAI which was Where The H** Am I.

If I do get a new license plate in Oregon, I may just use that.

Anyone out there that uses ArcView GIS and downloads base station data to get more precise locations?

Back in the days when I was working for a public resource agency (before geocaching was invented). I made up an acronym that impressed a few of my colleages. It was WTHAI . When I didn't know where I was but wanted to know later where I had been, I would waypoint WTHAI which was Where The H** Am I.

If I do get a new license plate in Oregon, I may just use that.

Anyone out there that uses ArcView GIS and downloads base station data to get more precise locations?

I have ArcView GIS at work, but am not very proficient with it. Care to 'splain?? Where do I get this base station data?

Thanks!

Miz

here is mine:

ohio-nothing.jpg

;)

But really :unsure::)

When I lived in another state, I had TI3VOM. Looked really cool in the rear view mirror.

If I had a car, I'd get TNLNSL if it was available. Other cachers would immediately get it. To heck with the muggles, let it drive em crazy.

Mine on my truck now is my avatar.

<----------- Over there...

Here is why:

IMG_0069.jpg

c0a6df5f.jpg

I'm not that short. I'm 5'9". The truck is that tall.

Edited by Okiebryan

How about something in ROT13

PNPURE = CACHER

That one is mine and you can't have it

:(

"PNPURE"

I'd probably guess you were some athlete that doesn't do steroids or drugs, and proud of it.

Thanks alot people! Just what I wanted to hear!!!!!!

Hey if you want people pointing and laughing, go right ahead! :P:(

I used to sing in a barbershop quartet. when a quartet sings a chord JUST RIGHT, it's known as "ringing" the chord; hence, my vanity plate said "RING EM". Iknow, non-BSers (thats BARBERSHOPPERS, thank you for asking!) had no idea what it meant. One party asked if I threw horseshoes.

My suggestions for 'caching plates include the following:

GOCACHIN

IBCACHIN

:P

Bieng from Pa. we only get 7, plus one hypen or one space

So here's a few for you hiders out there

EI-HYDUM

HYDUM 4U

MLTI-MAN

PUZLS 4U

GOT-SWAG

GEO-BUM

GEO-RAT

GEO-DOG

GEO-DAD

GEO-MOM

GEO-KIDS

And the one I think I will get

ONO-OBG

Or if you see my rig parked in the boonies I'll be

OUT-HYDN

O'BG

Edited by olbluesguy

I got my vanity plates in Wisconsin as soon as they were first allowed, long before geocaching became a part of my life. I am a violinist, and my plates are EADG, the open strings of a violin. Most people thing that I must be really stupid if i can't even spell EGAD!

[so if your ever in the Michigan area and you are driving behind me and see "KIYAKER" on my plate. Look on top of my truck and see the pretty kayaks. Are you getting it, does it make sence now?? Yes spelled with a I. My friend had used the A.

quote name=mloser' date='Jul 10 2006, 09:46 AM' post='2331435]

I hate taking a quiz in 8 letters, 7 here in Pennsylvania.

This intolerance of mine started when I saw the license plate TNKRBL, and gamely guessed "Tank Rubble? What's a Tank Rubble?" to the guy with me. He corrected me, saying it was obviously Tinkerbell. Once we got alongside the car, a 1980s Firebird btw, and saw the 300 pound darling in the driver's seat, I was convinced my guess was closer to the mark, based both on the car and the driver.

Since that time I have wondered ceaselessy, much to the chagrine of my family members, what would cause people to get these plates unless the following two were true:

1) the word(s)/phrase/sentence is immediately clear to anyone, and

2) the MEANING is immediately clear to anyone.

This means that plates such as CAVEAT and BACKOFF are well received by me, but HSY BEAR (even though I know the owner and know that he is a Hershey Bear hockey fan, not a "Hizzy Bear" fan) or 2ONES (again, someone I know--and I am still not totally sure of the meaning) are not, since I have to either spend too much precious brain power trying to figure out what it says, or if I have figured it out, I wonder what it means. And your initials on a tag just get me to make up names for you based on those initials.

So if your tag says ILKCACHE I will wonder what Ilk Cache is, if it is TNLN I may not be in on the joke and will spend time wondering what "Tin Lin" means.

Just my little take on vanity plates. If it made you laugh or think a bit, that is great.