"chambanas First" Event

RPW

"Chambanas First" is one of those small regional events. It is being held in Champaign/Urbana IL on July 22nd, 2006. 3 of us (S Kellian, Joypa, myself) from the Lafayette Indiana region are planning to go. If anyone else in the area wants to grab a ride with us then let us know. We are planning a full day of caching to and from the event.

-----------------------------

Chambanas First

by CIGA & Kerstin76

N 40° 07.090 W 088° 12.645

Use waypoint: GCWBCN

"Chambanas First" is one of those small regional events. It is being held in Champaign/Urbana IL on July 22nd, 2006. 3 of us (S Kellian, Joypa, myself) from the Lafayette Indiana region are planning to go. If anyone else in the area wants to grab a ride with us then let us know. We are planning a full day of caching to and from the event.

Chambanas First

by CIGA & Kerstin76

I am new to geocaching and want to attend the picnic on the 22nd. I know it is at Crystal Lake Park but I can't remember the time. And will people be willing to show me how to geocache? I won't have a GPS unit.

Chambanas First

by CIGA & Kerstin76

I am new to geocaching and want to attend the picnic on the 22nd. I know it is at Crystal Lake Park but I can't remember the time. And will people be willing to show me how to geocache? I won't have a GPS unit.

It's 3 PM and I'm sure that you can be adopted by one of my teams. Look for a tall, bearded geek wearing a fishing vest, that's me.

Karl

Darn weddings.

For all those guys who will attend weddings instead of attending the event (I know that there is at least another one other than those posted): at the beginning of the ceremony, the reverent asks wether there are any objections to the marriage. Just say yes and run! You could be in Champaign right in time *duck* :D

Hope to see you at Chambanas second then :D or maybe third... :)

The time is 3 pm, just have another look on the webpage. I am pretty sure you can find a lot of people willing to accompany you to some of the geocaches in the park. No GPS is no excuse not to geocache :D

Edited by Kerstin76
For all those guys who will attend weddings instead of attending the event (I know that there is at least another one other than those posted): at the beginning of the ceremony, the reverent asks wether there are any objections to the marriage. Just say yes and run! You could be in Champaign right in time *duck*

Hope to see you at Chambanas second then or maybe third...

And get my butt kicked by the bride in front of everyone! I wish I could do that. I will make sure all my friends know better than to schedule their silly weddings on geocaching event days. What are those people thinking?

I hope to make it to the 2nd and 3rd events.

Chris-Team Shydog

I'm going and I'm caching along the way. Woopee!!!!

Looks like you are not alone... We expect at least 60 people :laughing: Probably even 80 :laughing:

A lot of new faces. Have a safe trip everybody and see you tomorrow :laughing:

Those people having the excuse of weddings and reunions just do not know who their real friends are. :laughing:

I wish I could make it to Chambana's first, but unfortunately I'll be at my class reunion. You guys know where I'd rather be. :)

I will be at Chambana's second, though. Maybe I'll see you there! ;)

Bret

Liar Liar pants on fire. I saw you there you big fat liar head! :):P:(:)

I wish I could make it to Chambana's first, but unfortunately I'll be at my class reunion. You guys know where I'd rather be. B)

I will be at Chambana's second, though. Maybe I'll see you there! :rolleyes:

Bret

Liar Liar pants on fire. I saw you there you big fat liar head! :):anibad::blink:B)

I wasn't lying! I just decided to be creative in my timing, that's all! :)

Glad I could make it...it was one of the highlights of a very full day.

Bret