State Coin For Virginia

Lee-2

A long time ago, there was a lot of talk about one being made. It wound up being talk.

And as far as I know we/they are still talking.... :mad:

I've not had time nor the financial resources to assist further....

There are actual designs out there. :D

Maybe the others will see this thread... :laughing:

I'll continue to hang off the side of the bandwagon... B)

There is a Virginia coin in process. There were a lot of people who contributed ideas. It has progressed much slower than I expected. Coins and Pins has been working on the artwork and I expected the die art a week ago. Once I had that in hand I was going to post the image and ask for pre orders. The image below is the first draft. The changes are minor. There will be an additional space for engraving on the state side and the text will be reduced on the edge. They will be in one metal only and probably will be polished nickel. Trackable on GC.Com they will have a custom Icon as yet to be determined. I planned to produce 1000 but would consider making more if the demand is high. Feel free to post pre orders here. The cost should be around $6 - $7 per coin with shipping and paypal fees included. I will post more information when it is finalized in a separate thread.

vacoin1stdraftjpg.jpg

Being a dis-placed Virginain, I will buy 2-3. I lived from Dale City to Fredericksburg for about 24 - 25 years. My wife and I still have family that live Dale City, Fredericksburg and Richmond. We try to go see them about every two years.

Edited by RebelJedi

In Coins and Pins' defense, they are up to their eyeballs in orders (they are working on 3 from me), and Tess has been sick.

No ill will meant to them . I went with them because they are excellent.

The die art arrived today and looks good. It is posted below. I will post more info as i get it

6ACP-00894-mod.jpg

My wife has been pestering me to get a Viginia coin for some reason. I'm glad to see that one is in the works. I might want a couple of them. Let me ask her........~HEY VIRGINIA!!!!! CHECK THIS OUT!!!!!~......

Yeah, we want a couple. Nice coin!

In Coins and Pins' defense, they are up to their eyeballs in orders (they are working on 3 from me), and Tess has been sick.

No ill will meant to them . I went with them because they are excellent.

Never thought there was. I just so happened that I knew what was going on, and thought folks would like to know.

Very nice looking coin.

Nice coin except for the state motto: Sic Semper Tyrannis This needs to be on the coin in place of the huge "Trackable at GC.Com".

Oo-oo! What zyfote2k said and I'd be in for one or two.

:unsure:

Still...this coin looks like "son of KY and OH" somehow.

Thanks to all who have responded. The coin will begin production soon. I will post the final die art when I get it and start another thread to track its progress and orders. I will note those who have ordered through this thread. I have commitments for 300 coins already and am trying to decide if I need to produce more. I had planned a run of 1000 but will increase that if the demand is there. It looks like the cost will be $6.50 per coin with fees and shipping included. International orders will be slightly higher. I am hoping to hear from groups or people who are interested in orders greater than 50 as I can discount the cost. Please contact me directly through my profile if you are looking to reserve 50 or more. Others may use this thread to reserve smaller amounts.