Geocache Event At Corvallis Da Vinci Days

PNWWizard

At Corvallis da Vinci Days we'll again have a geocaching information booth on Saturday and an event on Sunday. The event is, unfortunately unsanctioned by GC.com but last years' event was a blast! And this year the prizes have gotten better, including 2 Recon Pocket PC handhelds, used but refurbished. :)http://www.tdsway.com/products/recon

We also have t-shirts, cup cozies, pens, posters, stickers, and big gift certificates! On Sunday after the event you can get credit for attending the Beanery Cache Event (GCWVF1).

Saturday, July 15, 10 - 6 and

Sunday July 16 10 - 5

Note: The event ends at 4:00, you must begin no later than 2:30.

:grin:

How does this work?

Is it a race or puzzle cache or what?

Inquiring minds want to know.

=)

On Sunday you register at the booth (N44 33.952 W123 16.322) between 10 am & 2 pm and then you'll have 2 hours to find as many of the 16 temporary caches as you can. The winners will be the fastest with the most caches. We'll have 2 divisions: Novice & Advanced. We consider anyone who has found fewer than 10 caches a novice. There'll be a bagfull of prizes for 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place in each catagory, plus we may have a wild card prize or two. Depends on how many goodies we get donated for prizes! Last year only 2 people found all the caches, and all caches are within 1 mile of the booth. The awards ceremony is at 4:15 at the Shady Stage. We have 8 loaner Garmins for those who need one, but we ask that there's only 1 gps unit per "team" or "group" of participants to keep things fair!

On Saturday we'll have geocachers as well as GPS & GIS experts on hand to answer questions, or just discuss what's new.

I have tickets to see the Temptations and the Four Tops on Sunday otherwise I might have considered it. Last year I was even in Corvallis the day it happend but I was too tired to stop by. Maybe I'll make it next year

Darn!! Put it on your calendar for next year, it's always the same weekend!!

How does this work?

Is it a race or puzzle cache or what?

Inquiring minds want to know.

=)

On Sunday you register at the booth (N44 33.952 W123 16.322) between 10 am & 2 pm and then you'll have 2 hours to find as many of the 16 temporary caches as you can. The winners will be the fastest with the most caches.

Hmm..Interesting.

I've never been to this Da Vinci Day thing..

-ajb

Hmm..Interesting.

I've never been to this Da Vinci Day thing..

-ajb

It's a festival of science, art, & technology. There's an awesome kinetic sculpture race, a kids's village, music, food, beer, wine, movies, community art, and tons more. Our booth will have geocachers, plus guys from Global Mapping Technology, Pacific Survey Supply, and Tripod Data Systems.

I just learned that along with the Pocket PCs we'll also be giving away a Garmin GPS unit, $300 in gift certificates, and 5 one year premium memberships to GC.com! They said if you're already a premium member they'll use the certificate to add a free year onto your account. WOW!!