I'll Say It Again, Louder This Time...

joefrog

Just curious why do you not like to see your coins on eBay?

-TJ

Because they are not sold, that's why -- ONLY traded. I can't say I have ever traded a joefrog coin for any coin that HAS been offered for sale. If I did, I didn't know it!

Alright, here is the deal. Yes, I just bid on the Joefrog coin. But I only did it for one reason. If I win the coin I will pay and then send JoeFrog the coin so he can do what he see's fit.

I understand his reason as well as others reason for not wanting their coin sold. For the record I do not want my coins sold and have bid on those as well to get them back.

Please, I am doing this out of the goodness of my heart, I want nothing in return. Please realize that I have set a limit that I am willing to spend so if It goes over that then I am sorry it didn't work out as planned.

HAH ! You can have my JOEFROG coin when ya pry it from my cold dead hand ! I traded Joe directly for it, and its one of my favorites.

I can understand why someone would try buying it from the E-place, but why the heck would you be willing to sell it ?

Kudos to Joefrog for sticking to your principles, and thanks again for the cool coin.

HAH ! You can have my JOEFROG coin when ya pry it from my cold dead hand ! I traded Joe directly for it, and its one of my favorites.

I can understand why someone would try buying it from the E-place, but why the heck would you be willing to sell it ?

Kudos to Joefrog for sticking to your principles, and thanks again for the cool coin.

And those tokens of yours are one of my few non-metal favorite things! I LOVE handmade stuff like that, and was showing them off at the event this weekend.

Thanks again!

I am lucky to have one. I traded it for one of mine. I haven't sold any of mine (except the antique gold finish that was only sold for charity). I have seen a few of mine show up on Ebay. Hopefully no more will. I'd like first shot at getting it back, just as Joefrog does his.

Edited by pdxmarathonman

Alright, here is the deal. Yes, I just bid on the Joefrog coin. But I only did it for one reason. If I win the coin I will pay and then send JoeFrog the coin so he can do what he see's fit.

I understand his reason as well as others reason for not wanting their coin sold. For the record I do not want my coins sold and have bid on those as well to get them back.

Please, I am doing this out of the goodness of my heart, I want nothing in return. Please realize that I have set a limit that I am willing to spend so if It goes over that then I am sorry it didn't work out as planned.

She is selling lots of her coins...she sold my SuperGenius coin after I offered to buy it...but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Pepper

Yeah, I guess.... :laughing:

Hey GBOTS, I have yet to see a GBOTS for sale but I would attempt to do the same for you.

I do think I would be upset if I saw one of our LEs for sale there, since the only way to get them is by trading.

Like your LE, Joefrog's coins were never sold. Your regular edition is a commercial coin and is fair game. Tho that ebay seller could have waited till the coins were at least sold, lol!

I would also like to get a hold of a JoeFrog, its a very cool looking coin.

for some reason he never responds to my email/messages. i guess im not worthy. :P

my coins, i've sold 1 (bronze) on ebay out of curiosity to see if there really was any demand. it went for $30 i figured that was ok. and someone i traded with sold one of mine. but they are trade only as well, and I would prefer them not to be sold as well.

gold ones however were made for that purpose to be donated to charitable causes and i have done so with 2 of the 10 made.

Well, I'm officially DONE with any further trades with the person who sold my coin. Others might want to keep that in mind.

Could've at least offered the proceeds to charity, in my opinion...

My apologies to those I'm behind on contacting or haven't replied to -- I only have a few coins left, and most of those are earmarked for milestones and those very, VERY hard to find coins...

Well, I'm officially DONE with any further trades with the person who sold my coin. Others might want to keep that in mind.

Could've at least offered the proceeds to charity, in my opinion...

My apologies to those I'm behind on contacting or haven't replied to -- I only have a few coins left, and most of those are earmarked for milestones and those very, VERY hard to find coins...

Can we get the cacher's name? For those that have personal coins that they don't want to go into the wrong hands.....

I see that one of my persoanl geocoins is up for auction on Ebay by someone who frequents these forums. Funny thing is they state my geocoin is out of production. I wonder to myself how do they know this? They never even met me. I have several of those coins left and more are being made when I get home from Iraq.

Someone is alway trying to make a dollar off of false statements <_< ...

I don't care if my geocoin is sold on ebay, I just don't care for the lies... Some people need the money.

I see that one of my persoanl geocoins is up for auction on Ebay by someone who frequents these forums. Funny thing is they state my geocoin is out of production. I wonder to myself how do they know this? They never even met me. I have several of those coins left and more are being made when I get home from Iraq.

Someone is alway trying to make a dollar off of false statements :) ...

I don't care if my geocoin is sold on ebay, I just don't care for the lies... Some people need the money.

If you said you were going to make 300 (or whatever number) and you did. They are out of production. If you really meant I'm going to make as many as I dadgum well choose and I'm going to start with 300 for now. That's another thing and they may or may not be out of production.

Some people rely on the word of the coin maker for eBay and for trades. I haven't looked back at what you said about your coin at the time.

Just for the record,We think traded coins are OFF LIMITS for sale.

When folks trade,we assume they are looking to fill out their collection,as

we are.

If we trade a coin,we don't care what they do with the coin they got from us,

(Unless the coin is not supposed to be sold)

but,if we offer a trade,we are keeping the coin we traded for!

Just our 2 cents....

Just for the record,We think traded coins are OFF LIMITS for sale.

When folks trade,we assume they are looking to fill out their collection,as

we are.

If we trade a coin,we don't care what they do with the coin they got from us,

(Unless the coin is not supposed to be sold)

but,if we offer a trade,we are keeping the coin we traded for!

Just our 2 cents....

The only way I'd ever consider selling off the coins I obtained through personal trades would be to pay for my brain transplant. :o Which should, in theory, immediately fix the problem of me having thought that selling other people's personals was an acceptable practice.

Hold on, I feel another headache coming on. :)

Someone is alway trying to make a dollar off of false statements :o ...

An error or misinformation is not a lie. Check out that book by Webster sometime :)

This was your first coin, the one the Raven coin replaced. If you plan to mint more of a 2004-2005 coin, it's news to me and contrary to what you told the people you traded with. I know you personally told me last year when you traded with me that you only minted 100 of the coins. Was that a lie? Or did you just simply decide to mint some more on a recent whim? You might try being honest about it at least.

The problem with offering to trade back for a coin to keep it off ebay is simple economics. Case in point....

My coins originally sold for $8.00 and I also traded them 1 for 1. Even after they've been activated they go for $30 or so on ebay. From the ebay sellers perspective, it's not worth a 1 for 1 tradeback...it's worth $30.00 or about a 4 for 1 tradeback.

I've decided that when I see someone selling one of my coins on ebay that I'll feel flattered instead of offended that it's value has risen so high.

Nice coin Joe! And thanks for the trade, if you want it back --- gimme my Avroair coin back! :)

The phrase "Cold dead hand" comes to mind, LOL! Where you been, man?

I've decided that when I see someone selling one of my coins on ebay that I'll feel flattered instead of offended that it's value has risen so high.

Good point... maybe I can make that child payment this month the hard way!

This was your first coin, the one the Raven coin replaced. If you plan to mint more of a 2004-2005 coin, it's news to me and contrary to what you told the people you traded with. I know you personally told me last year when you traded with me that you only minted 100 of the coins. Was that a lie? Or did you just simply decide to mint some more on a recent whim? You might try being honest about it at least.

Qoute by AG

I did not know I had to get all of my coin requests approved by you.

Your statement about my personal coin is still false. Do you still own the GOLD OIFGA coin that was made for military vets only? Since I made the OIFGA coin and know the rules for the OIFGA coin I would like to know when you served in the military and what branch was you in... Lets be honest here :lol: .

Your statement about my personal coin is still false. Do you still own the GOLD OIFGA coin that was made for military vets only? Since I made the OIFGA coin and know the rules for the OIFGA coin I would like to know when you served in the military and what branch was you in... Lets be honest here :lol: .

[/b]

Dear god, please not this again :P ! Why did this have to start after the mods closed their eyes :laughing: ? Please take it elsewhere :laughing: .

I do not say that out of disrepect to either of you, rather I am asking you two to respect others/each other and at least keep it out of the forums. This is really old news.

I did not know I had to get all of my coin requests approved by you.

This has absolutely nothing to do with your prior accusation and isn't worthy of a reply.

Yes, take it elsewhere.

Sometimes the mods close our eyes. Sometimes we go caching ( :D ) - no, really we do.

Keep this thread on topic - which seems to be the selling of personal coins on eBay - folks want them back.

The OP is free to close this thread if he chooses but this is not a personal battlefield.

Now, back on topic. If anybody sees a FSM coin on eBay, buy it for me, eh?

If i see a FSM coin I'm gonna keep it. I think it would be awesome to have a noodly coin.

On topic here and my opinioin having sold and traded my personal coin.

If a person sells the one I traded to them, I'm going to be insulted. I traded because I thought people were collectors and were adding mine to a collection

If you are selling that which you bought from me, then good luck. The market for my coin seems to have crashed. I still have 20 or so left which I'm putting out in caches and IMAGINE this, trading with those who missed out.

The way all this is going, I doubt I'd ever have another coin made and if I do - it will be trade only.

Hey Cav Scout, I mean The Phantom Cacher isn't it about time to crawl back into the cave?

Regardless of your multiple personalities it seems all you care to do is come to the forums and fight with one particular person :D

Yes, take it elsewhere.

Sometimes the mods close our eyes. Sometimes we go caching ( :D ) - no, really we do.

Keep this thread on topic - which seems to be the selling of personal coins on eBay - folks want them back.

The OP is free to close this thread if he chooses but this is not a personal battlefield.

Now, back on topic. If anybody sees a FSM coin on eBay, buy it for me, eh?

Hey FSM, doesn't this make twice that Cav Scout has had his hands slapped in one thread?

If a person sells the one I traded to them, I'm going to be insulted. I traded because I thought people were collectors and were adding mine to a collection

The thing is though, what if they're getting out of Geocoin collecting and liquidating their collection? For awhile, they had added it to their collection, now that the craze is over they're giving it the chance to live on in anothers collection. So atleast its going to another collector? Or who knows, maybe it would even get put into a cache from the buyer.

The thing is though, what if they're getting out of Geocoin collecting and liquidating their collection? For awhile, they had added it to their collection, now that the craze is over they're giving it the chance to live on in anothers collection. So atleast its going to another collector? Or who knows, maybe it would even get put into a cache from the buyer.

I sold some of my excess collection at $6 each, which is generally what I paid for the coins (give or take a couple bucks). Putting them on ebay is profiteering from your collection. Which is of course up to the collector's own choice.

I'm not sure "the craze is over". It may have reached a plateau but from what I can see, there are still many new coins coming out.

Although my last edition sold out in under 24 hours, I think the days of 2 day sellouts of new coins are pretty much over (with some exceptions). One thing we're seeing now is collectors becoming a bit more selective in their choices. This pushes even more ebay sales as people selloff the extra coins from their run as well as collectors thinning out their dups to make room for new coins.

I think what we'll start seeing is people turning directly to ebay to finance their coin production.

I'm not sure "the craze is over". It may have reached a plateau but from what I can see, there are still many new coins coming out.

Although my last edition sold out in under 24 hours, I think the days of 2 day sellouts of new coins are pretty much over (with some exceptions). One thing we're seeing now is collectors becoming a bit more selective in their choices. This pushes even more ebay sales as people selloff the extra coins from their run as well as collectors thinning out their dups to make room for new coins.

I think what we'll start seeing is people turning directly to ebay to finance their coin production.

Yes, I suppose its not over... But its definately not what it used to be... I probably should have worded it differently, but I do think geocoins have hit a hump and they are slowly evening out rather than the crazy prices of months gone by.