Quest For 1000

Team GPSaxophone

Summer2006.jpg

Planned schedule. Stops are approximate. Would love to meet up with other cachers along the way. Let me know if you're available on the date(s) we'll be in your area.

Sunday July 9th - Colorado Springs, CO to (2) Rock Springs, WY

Monday - Find our 900th cache around (3) Salt Lake City. Dinner with our cousins.

Tuesday - Salt Lake City, UT to (4) Butte, MT

Wednesday July 12th - Lunch in Missoula with Dean (Jennifer&Dean) and Yumitori then on to (5) Spokane/Coeur d' Alene

Thursday - Spending the afternoon in (6) Wenatchee with Ambrosia and family

Friday - Meet Idajo in the morning. Visit (7) Groundspeak Headquarters (We've never done a cache in a lake before) :laughing: then head south to (8) Portland, OR for Champoeg

Saturday and Sunday July 15/16 - Champoeg 2006! Also, visit the Original Stash Tribute Plaque as cache #1000

Monday July 17th- Head south towards (9) Northern California

Tuesday - Caching and sightseeing around (10) San Francisco, CA

Wednesday July 19th - Make our way to Redondo Beach to visit my sister.

Thursday and Friday - Visit my parents in North San Diego County (11 - San Marcos)

Saturday and Sunday July 22/23- Visit the in-laws in the (12) Inland Empire. Possibly meet up with Webfoot?

Monday - Drive halfway home - roughly to (13) St. George, UT

Tuesday July 25 - Drive the rest of the way home.

As luck would have it, I will be free on Friday, July 14.

From the looks of the timing and routing, you may not have time for the APE cache. If you can work it out, you should give it a shot. About 5 miles total which can be done on bicycle if you have them with you.

Summer2006.jpg

Saturday and Sunday July 22/23- Visit the in-laws in the (12) Inland Empire. Possibly meet up with Webfoot?

[/color]

Sounds good. I have a couple of travel bugs that I'd like you to take on road trips. If you have a couple to trade, great, if not, still ok with me.

Decisions decisions...We'll seriously consider taking the 101 so we can meet with Kealia and Cache Viking

Friday...we're planning on visiting GC HQ around 10 or 11ish I guess, then heading south to Portland. We could have a quick lunch meeting with anyone else form the area. Give us coordinates and we'll try to get there.

Decisions decisions...We'll seriously consider taking the 101 so we can meet with Kealia and Cache Viking

Friday...we're planning on visiting GC HQ around 10 or 11ish I guess, then heading south to Portland. We could have a quick lunch meeting with anyone else form the area. Give us coordinates and we'll try to get there.

How about Zoopa at Southcenter (N47° 27.328, W122° 15.350)? This is similar to (and the same company as Fresh Choice) in other parts of the country.

What time would work?

How about Zoopa at Southcenter (N47° 27.328, W122° 15.350)? This is similar to (and the same company as Fresh Choice) in other parts of the country.

What time would work?

Lunch...let's plan for noon and we'll try to get word to you if something happens. Ambrosia has my cell number.

Edited by Team GPSaxophone

Lunch...let's plan for noon and we'll try to get word to you if something happens. Ambrosia has my cell number.

and you have mine.

Let us plan on meeting out in front.

Who will be there? I've got Sax with four others, Idajo says she will be there.

Who else?

Nah - its ok. Was just staying up way to late last night to see if our recent cache placed was going to show up as published during the late hours. Then I was killing time by browsing the forums - saw the map route and felt compelled to comment on it. We do enjoy meeting other geocachers though - if for no other reason than its just so incredibly infrequent out here. With all the time we spend placing, scouting and maintaining our existing caches, its amazing we have only met one cacher in the field. I have seen cachers hunting a couple of multicaches in town while driving by, however, and of course met a number of cachers at the two events we have attended. Other than that, its just been a couple pre-arranged meetings for various caching reasons.

That being said, if you do happen to wander through central Wyoming, don't hesitate to send us a warning. We can probably find the time to meet up and compare caches or saxophones.

and you have mine.

Let us plan on meeting out in front.

Who will be there? I've got Sax with four others, Idajo says she will be there.

Who else?

I was hoping to be able to make it, but there are only two of us in my department this week, and I'm on call and need to be available, so I'm going to have to pass. :laughing:

Have fun all and sorry Saxy.

Sax Man, do want to do any caches nearby? I did one of yours when visiting, there are several of mine nearby - if you have a deck of cards The Jester Doesn't Play With a Full Deck is about a mile away.

See you there!

One of my caches is right next to the parking lot where you'll be eating. (No, not a lame parking lot micro, it's actually a regular cache in an urban oasis) :laughing:Tukwila Pond I can't make the lunch because I'll already be heading down to Oregon, but will see you at Champoeg, Saxy.

Have you thought about going south on Hwy 1 from San Francisco so you go through the Santa Cruz area?

From there you can take 101 South instead of 5 - it's much prettier and a negligable difference in time...

As long as you don't look like your avatar <_<

I've met him. He doesn't. <_<

Sorry I missed you this morning at Groundspeak HQ, hopefully next time. Cache on.

Nudecacher

Drat I made an assumption about what caching in lake Union and being in Seattle in the morning meant and went over to the HQ cache also. :lol:

I could not make the lunch because I spent the rest of the day moving Jeff into an apartment. I hope to meet you later sometime GPSaxophone!

I updated the original map to show the route we took.

Upcoming stops:

Thursday and Friday nights in San Marcos, CA

Saturday and Sunday nights in Fontana, CA

Monday night near St. George, UT

Tuesday night back home in Colorado Springs, CO

We plan on meeting Webfoot near Fontana, CA and Team Talisman near Grand Junction, CO

Any others please send me an email through my profile and we'll try to meet.