Is Garmin Metroguide Just Cn Without Routing?

Just trying to understand the different products here... Is Metroguide simply City Navigator without autorouting on the GPS? Does metroguide offer any POIs that CN does not? Wondering if I need both to get all the information in the NY/NJ area. Thanks for any info!

Go to the Garmin site and compare the viewer for Metroguide & CN for the specific area you want.

I think my old Metroguide 5 was closer to CS than CN - imho.

All features are the same. The only difference between CS & CN is the directions are a little more explicit in CN than in CS. I also think the directions might be a little more verbose on the PC for CS than MG, but not sure about that. So yes except for the autorouting on the gps CN and MG are pretty much the same. However there are ways to get autorouting on the gps with MG. For instance if you load the maps with sendmap20 instead of mapsource than you get routing on the gps but loose global indexing, but there are ways around that as well.