Microsoft Streets And Trips Questions

I am really bummed that mapsource has been split in to two parts. mapsource no longer allowing for gps postion on the maps and now nroute being the only tool to do that, however nroute won't interface directly with the gps for sending and receiving waypoints. That being said here is my question...

Will Microsoft's Streets and Trips software show the gps on the map in real time? and ALSO will it send and receive waypoint and route data to and from the gps?

Thnks for your help.

Kirk out.

Not saying what GPS you have doesn't make answering your question easy. We can deduce you probably have a Garmin-like substance.

S&T will read NMEA positioning information such as Garmin provides on their serial units or via virtual conversion of their USB positioning protocol via a program like GPSGate or a free one that Garmin released last week.

S&T itself does not send and receive waypoint, track, or route data to any GPS, but programs like GPSBabel can do some conversions to get some data in and out.

I have a Garmin GPSMap60c.

Thanks for your reply.

Since garmin split the functionality of mapsource it is no longer easy to route to waypoints on the same program with out having to do a bunch of conversions of files back and forth through gsak and mapsource and nroute, etc.

It was nice back when I could download the waypoints directly to mapsource and then also see the GPS real time position on the same map as the downloaded waypoints...

S&T will read NMEA positioning information such as Garmin provides on their serial units or via virtual conversion of their USB positioning protocol via a program like GPSGate or a free one that Garmin released last week.

What is the name of this free program that Garmin released last week, and where would I find it on there site?