Meramec Shed´s

hello waymarkers,

my name is alex, I´m from germany.

At the moment I´m reading a german book about a bicycle trip on the route 66.

In this book the meramec caves are mentionend, the owner Les Dill did a special kind of promotion / advertising in the years 1930/40 : in 30 states he asked farmers to paint there sheds close to the highways with an ad / promo for the caves.

In the book ( 12 years old ) it´s mentionend that some are still existing and that they are a national symbol.

if there are still some it would be good idea to save them in a waymark?

what do you think?

greetings from germany

alex

hello waymarkers,

my name is alex, I´m from germany.

At the moment I´m reading a german book about a bicycle trip on the route 66.

In this book the meramec caves are mentionend, the owner Les Dill did a special kind of promotion / advertising in the years 1930/40 : in 30 states he asked farmers to paint there sheds close to the highways with an ad / promo for the caves.

In the book ( 12 years old ) it´s mentionend that some are still existing and that they are a national symbol.

if there are still some it would be good idea to save them in a waymark?

what do you think?

greetings from germany

alex

Being from the area of Meramec Caverns there are still a few around, though the caverns now "pollute" the world with an excessive number of billboards instead. I think a broader category such as advertising barns might be better, with a varible for what is advertised. This site shows a few Advertising Barns including several for Meramec Caverns.

Edited by BruceS