"curse Of The Pirates Treasure" Geocoin

Mr & Mrs Loggerhead

We are now pre-selling our geocoin "Curse of the Pirates Treasure". Trackable with unique icon.

Ship date mid July.

This coin represents our cache series "Curse of the Pirates Treasure" including all the clues to complete the final mystery cache "The Booty".

Curse of the Pirates Treasure Geocoin

Mr Loggerhead

<Link removed by moderator - when you can link directly to that coin, please feel free to do so>

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster
:laughing: I'll be passing on this one as well if for no other reason than to discourage people from charging these kinds of prices. My coin budget is stretched as it is and to pay as much for one coin as I normally pay for two is just not going to happen. This is why the interest in geocoins is waning, because of the unjustified increase in price. It may end up being a nice coin but you have it priced too high (at least for me). Just my opinion.

If it's nothing more than a price gouge for 1 coin, then I will pass.

What he said. I'm sorry but there is no excuse/reason for charging $13.00 for a coin. I hope more people take the stance of the others in this thread so far who have said "no" to this type of pricing.

What he said. I'm sorry but there is no excuse/reason for charging $13.00 for a coin. I hope more people take the stance of the others in this thread so far who have said "no" to this type of pricing.

I'm afraid I'm gonna have to agree. There is no reason to charge a total of $16 for one coin, unless you had it made from platinum.

I'll pass

Absolutely a ditto on that!

They will just keep dropping the price till it sells. There is no loss in a presale since they havn't invested a penny yet. Remember this is funded off our money. That should change so we stop seeing all this price gouging.

I knew the same ones would be complaining but who cares. These coins cost $8.91 cents each to be made. That doesn't include shipping to buyers. All we're doing is covering our cost as the LE's are not being sold but given away and 50 golds are going into the caches. This does not include trades. We figure we'll clear about $700.00 after all is said and done.

I appreciate and undertand your opions but if you don't know what you're talking about, you need to keep it to yourself. The same thing was said when the Loggerhead coins came out and the entire 600 have been sold / traded or given away and only 60 Baby Loggerheads remain as well out of 650.

If you want a $6.00 coin there are plenty out around if that's what you desire. We try to put a little more in our coins and this one has almost every option you can get, and no, the prices aren't same no matter how you design it.

To date we have also donated over 100 of our coins to schools and charity auctions.

I don't pre-sale until the coin has been paid for and being minted also so as far as pre-saling not costing anything I'll have to disagree. My check for over $4,000.00 has been mailed.

I want add my 2 cents to the cost.

Coins can be ordered below.

Mr & Mrs Loggerhead

Edited by Mr & Mrs Loggerhead

I knew the same ones would be complaining but who cares. These coins cost $8.91 cents each to be made.

I am not complaining, but I am curious, what makes a coin cost that much to mint. Please understand I am still relatively new to this geocoin craze, we just had our first coin made and it doesn't have bells or whistles, but it's fairly nice. I don't know enough about minting to know what makes a coin cost this much and I am curious. Thank you.

PS I love the loggerheads, have bought 2 sets and will be trading for the babies when ours are all ready!

Oh I am sure there are alot more than the "same ones complaining" that feel the way that most do in this thread. It is just that some of us actually voice our opinions rather than remain quiet. There's nothing wrong with either way, but you really need to accept views from both sides rather than expect everyone will just go along and agree with your actions. You are a buisness after all and buisnesses do receive negative feedback from time to time. Some even overprice themselves right out of buisness.

Your pricing math seems a little fuzzy. You are making these at $8.91 and selling them for $13.13. that's a profit of $4.22 per coin. Now what you have chosen to do with your profits is your buisness, and if that is in buying yourself some coins, then so be it. To pretend that you are only making $700 total is ridiculous though. I will agree you may only make $700 NET, but that is after we pay for your coins. At just selling 400 coins, you will make over $1600. You really should go into politics with your math formulas though.

I am amazed that it is costing you so much per coin with nothing more than 2" in size appearing to be much different than most coins in the $6-7 range. Maybe you could explain to people who are so interested in this high priced coin as the beneftis they will be receiving for their hefty donation.

I won't even touch your overpricing on postage since we all know about that already.

Feedback either positive or negative is necessary not only for the present seller but for others who are thinking about minting and selling a coin. Much can be learned by reading the posts in this thread. When most coins are selling for $8.50 to $10.00 and quite a few of those include the shipping, $16.13 for 1 coin with shipping is going to shock a good number of people, regardless of what the minting costs are. I really like the coin artwork, but at the current selling price this is one coin that won't be found in my collection unless I make a trade for it.

You can take offense if you want to but I for one am just stating my opinion that #1 this coin is priced too high and #2 I can't afford it if I thought it was reasonable. This is your coin and you can charge whatever you want for it, I as a consumer can exercise my rights of not buying it and telling you that I think it is overpriced. I personally hope most people feel the way I do and don't buy this coin, otherwise it will encourage the next person who creates a coin to price theirs in the $16 range and pretty soon coin collecting will be a thing of the past because of pure, out-and-out greed. Explain away this high price all you want to but it appears to me that you are attempting to make a huge profit off this coin. You can use all the 'creative' accounting you want but anybody who has created a coin or has looked into creating a coin knows that you don't have to charge this much for your coin. If the minters have increased their prices so dramatically that this is the price you have to charge to break even then it is time to quit having coins minted until the minters get the idea and drop their prices. This hobby hinges on a very delicate line of what people are willing and able to pay for a collectible and I think you have gone over that line. As before, I'm not being critacal necessarily or even complaining, I'm only giving you my opinion. I dont know nor do I care much what others think but we all need to think about this a lot and determine what this means to the hobby. I don't know you and am not trying to be critical of you personally but just want others to know what my opinion is (my $.02 worth as it were). :laughing:

Oh I am sure there are alot more than the "same ones complaining" that feel the way that most do in this thread. It is just that some of us actually voice our opinions rather than remain quiet. There's nothing wrong with either way, but you really need to accept views from both sides rather than expect everyone will just go along and agree with your actions. You are a buisness after all and buisnesses do receive negative feedback from time to time. I won't even touch your overpricing on postage since we all know about that already.

I couldn't have said this better myself.

Keep in mind that most of the larger collectors on this board have produced thier own coin and are intimately familiar with the costs of producing a coin. The 2 inch diameter makes it a bit more expensive as does the diamond-cut edge - but saying that it's almost $9.00 a coin to produce.....

That being said, you are free to charge whatever you want and do whatever you want with the proceeds and profit - just please don't insult those who know better. And don't forget to factor in the extra 50 or so coins that you are keeping for the caches. Those 50 coins at ~$9.00/coin equate to another $450 in "profit".

Again, your choice.

But with charging those types of rates you have to expect some negative feedback.

So yes, a few of us will speak up when we see this. Others will not and will simply not purchase. Everybody is free to make thier own decisions. Some of us are concerned however for the new coin collectors who will think this is the norm.

So, those who wish to buy this coin at that price - feel free, that's your choice.

Some of us will not - that's OUR choice.

I won't debate the cost any longer, as the point has been made and my intent is NOT take the thread off-topic.

If you can sell them at that price - more power to you.

Caveat emptor.

I think the coin looks great. However, the U's look like V's in the picture. Was it meant to be that way? And unfortuantly money is tight and we won't be able to purchase this geocoin. Would have loved to have gotten my hands on this coin and the other loggerhead coins. Don't worry about the others complaining, they all have to find something to do with their time.

Well,yet another coin that folks think to be too expensive.

It has been our experience that you get what you pay for.As all of

the coins from this seller have been of EXELLENT quality.we will get some.

Why all the negative STUFF?(Stuff is not the word I was thinking aboutLOL!) If it is out of your range,don't buy it!

(A quick comment about price is all that is needed to get your point across)

Again I see folks claiming to try to protect the "newbies"

These people are ADULTS!They can decide what they are willing to pay for what!

Just our 2 cents!

R3 & BH

While I agree these coins are a tad too expensive, I happened to have enough cash around that I was able to purchase 2. I am sure they'll be exceptional coins given the past coins you've put out. I just wish the pricing was a bit more reasonable :laughing:

Edited by AtlantaGal

Can we please cut this guy some slack. He was very open and honest about how many coins were being made, his costs, what he was going to do with extra coins and how much he is going to bring in.

And $13 for a coin? That is what he wants to charge. It does make it harder for people to ebay a coin where coins on ebay go from $10 - $20. There are coins going from $4 - $13 each. Some people are willing to pay $2500 on ebay for a coin.

Edited by nielsenc

Do I don't I? Yah! Can't resist.

First: All this complaining is the very best thing that can happen to a coin seller. Just keep pushing the thread to the top of the list. This is the thing that makes this complainging the funniest of all. It in fact just makes it more likely that people will buy the coin.

So when I do my next coin and post in on the forums, be sure to tell me what a terrible person I am making a coin that is either to something . . . .. or not something else. . . . . . . .

Second: IF he had priced this coin at say $8.50 at least half of the complainers and maybe all, would have complained anyway. It would just have been something different to complain about.

Third: I wonder how many of those who are complaining about the price have sold a coin for that price or more on ebay? It seems pretty two faced to sell coins for a high price there then complain about high prices here. Selling for a high price is "taking advantage" in either venue.

So will I buy one? Not if I can trade, but the maker while living on the other side of the country is someone I have visited with on the phone and is a good guy and makes great coins.

First: All this complaining is the very best thing that can happen to a coin seller. Just keep pushing the thread to the top of the list. This is the thing that makes this complainging the funniest of all. It in fact just makes it more likely that people will buy the coin.

Again, caveat emptor. If some want to buy, more power to them.

So when I do my next coin and post in on the forums, be sure to tell me what a terrible person I am making a coin that is either to something . . . .. or not something else. . . . . . . .

Hmm, didn't see anybody passing judgement on this guy, name calling, or anything else talking about what kind of person he is. :grin:

Second: IF he had priced this coin at say $8.50 at least half of the complainers and maybe all, would have complained anyway. It would just have been something different to complain about.

I object. Speculation.

Third: I wonder how many of those who are complaining about the price have sold a coin for that price or more on ebay? It seems pretty two faced to sell coins for a high price there then complain about high prices here. Selling for a high price is "taking advantage" in either venue.

Not here.

So will I buy one? Not if I can trade, but the maker while living on the other side of the country is someone I have visited with on the phone and is a good guy and makes great coins.

Nobody said he wasn't a good guy. He may volunteer at the homeless shelter twice a week, go to church, do community service and be a great family man, but his coins are too expensive. Period.

I wonder how many of these people exercise their rights to voice their opinions as much as they do on here as supposed to in real life.

Can you see them in some department stores..... seeing some over-priced products.... and walking right to the store manager and say, "these are just way too expensive. Your profit margin is X00%. It costs Y to make Z and although it is your choice to charge that much for a product, I am chosing NOT to buy it and that is my right to do so. And I'm going to tell you that I'm not buying. And I'm gonna stick around and make sure my voice is heard because it is good for you to know there are people out there won't pay such high price."

Actually, I would LOVE to see them exercising their rights on voicing their opinions on expensive restaurants... LOL

I wonder how many of these people exercise their rights to voice their opinions as much as they do on here as supposed to in real life.

I don't hide behind a computer - I say what's on my mind. Why is it that people are afraid of an open discussion about this. Like the post above that says that "we" (meaning those that don't agree) should find something better to do with our time - yet their posts agreeing are OK.... :grin:

Would I do have that discussion you mentioned in a restuarant? Nope. I'd know going in if it's a fair priced restaurant or store.

But the BIG difference is that in that instance it's a commercial place.

I never thought of these boards as being commercial. I thought of them as a community where we talk, argue, etc. but ultimately are a family - dsyfunctional sometimes, but a family nonetheless.

It's a difference of opinion on how we view the people in here.

Some of us view them as community members.

Some view them as customers or targets.

I don't hide behind a computer - I say what's on my mind. Why is it that people are afraid of an open discussion about this. Like the post above that says that "we" (meaning those that don't agree) should find something better to do with our time - yet their posts agreeing are OK.... :grin:

That is not what I said at all. And trust me. I spend plenty of time in front of my computer, in chatrooms, forums, and various cyber channels so I will be the last person to make such comment.

It sounds exactly like it is. Since "you" (meaning those that don't agree) have such strong opinions in this forum, I am interested to find out if the same persist in day-to-day life, (yes, real life)

I for one do.

I only buy gas from a gas station. No lottery, no pop, no candy, not even oil. Gas prices are so high and since I can only get gas at a gas station I have to buy that there but can get the rest else where.

I'm a smoker, so if a resturant is no smoking, then they must not want my money and I go else where. I have even gone in the resturant, asked for smoking section and when they tell me there's no smoking, then I tell them never mind and go else where. Even paid at the door at a buffet (who is now out of business 3 month after going non-smoking) and then had the manager give me my money back just to let them know my views.

As for the coin, to high for me. Thanks any way and good luck. I'm sure they will sell them, some people will pay any price for any thing. As the saying goes, there's one born every minute.

I'm sure they will sell them, some people will pay any price for any thing. As the saying goes, there's one born every minute.

Psst! :grin: Hey AG!

He's callin you a sucker!! :)

Me too I guess, since I bought 2 for myself! B)

The way I see this is that "you get what you pay for!!" :)

I have purchased all of the Loggehead coins and they have been top notch in quality. And I don't expect these to be any less than any of thier previous releases.

If they were trying to pull the wool over our eyes and trying to pass off some inferior designed or low quality coin I could see some of the comments above. But they have been upfront and about them and you know what you are getting.

If you think they are too much. So be it! Don't buy them. :)

There are some of us that do not mind spending our hard earned money for a good quality product!! :)

Trust me! I do NOT have unending wealth to buy coins at will, so I am very selective at what I do buy. And do in fact miss a LOT that I do want, because I just can't afford to buy them.

But when I get these in my hands I know I will not regret buying them!! :)

D-man B)

I'm a smoker, so if a resturant is no smoking, then they must not want my money and I go else where. I have even gone in the resturant, asked for smoking section and when they tell me there's no smoking, then I tell them never mind and go else where. Even paid at the door at a buffet (who is now out of business 3 month after going non-smoking) and then had the manager give me my money back just to let them know my views.

As for the coin, to high for me. Thanks any way and good luck. I'm sure they will sell them, some people will pay any price for any thing. As the saying goes, there's one born every minute.

i'm similar, if a restaurant allows smoking, I WONT spend my money there, because smokers SUCK & BLOW :grin:

coin does seem WAY too expensive, MIGHT rethink that opinion if i see a proof pic.

*bump*, wanted to do my part to keep it on the top of the list B). Seriously this thread has gotten so far off topic :) .

I just went back to the original post and no where did I see the poster asking for anyones opinions or input :) . The coin is currently being minted and he is now offering presales for the coin :) . Like it or leave it :grin: !!!

The bottom line is we could care less if you drink, if you smoke, if you drive a ford, if you drive a chevy, if you drink pepsi, if you drink coke, if you drink Budweiser, if you drink Coors, where you shop!! You get the point.

If you like and can afford the coin then buy it :) , if you like the coin but can't afford it then fine who cares :) .

P.S.

Care to trade for this coin, it may have to be a 2:1 B) . Please email me.

Edited by Damenace

Again, caveat emptor. If some want to buy, more power to them.

Hmm, didn't see anybody passing judgement on this guy, name calling, or anything else talking about what kind of person he is. :grin:

I object. Speculation.

Not here.

Nobody said he wasn't a good guy. He may volunteer at the homeless shelter twice a week, go to church, do community service and be a great family man, but his coins are too expensive. Period.

Issues you raise:

Item 1: You and I agree completely on this.

Item 2: When a poster says: "just please don't insult those who know better." it is really accusing him of being a liar or a scam artist.

Item 3: If you are really telling me that you like this coin except for the price. Post that on the forums and I will obtain a coin and sell it to you at $7.00. (Sorry I can't do this for everyone)

Item 4: I have no idea who if any who are complaining, sell on ebay, so maybe unfair speculation.

Item 5: See Item 2. This is exactly saying he is not a good guy.

Finally this is not in my experience how families talk to each other or treat each other.

THIS IS SO MUCH FUN . . . . And besides . . . . another bump for the coin. :)

I object. Speculation.

Speculation? Let's just do a search for PASS and see what comes up....

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...=137082&hl=pass

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...=134773&hl=pass

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...=133570&hl=pass

And many, many more... It has always got to be something to complain about.

Don't care for the design or price, pass...

And saying pass, is not complaining, it's stating your itent, just as "I'll take 2" does. Please people, everyone has a right to state their intent or their feelings (so long as you are not attacking of course), that's the beauty of freedom and what has been fought so hard for.

Now, do you think we can get back to interest for the coin (want or not)?

Speculation? Let's just do a search for PASS and see what comes up....

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...=137082&hl=pass

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...=134773&hl=pass

And many, many more... It has always got to be something to complain about.

Did you bother checking on the cons I did buy?

Original Stash?

Geo-Achievement?

Project APE coin?

Planning to buy multiple California coins

Commented on a few nice personals lately (like DresselDragons)

GEO coin (from Erik K)

Nope.

I agree this has gone WAY off topic so I'll start a new thread about where we can have a civilized (hopefully) discussion on coins in general.