How To Change A Map In My Gpsr?

I've got a eTrex Vista and I filled the memory (24mb) with some mapsource maps. It is quite full.

I'l like to perhaps remove a map and put in another - ios there a way to do this other than erase everything and download all teh maps again? It takes quite a while to download the maps.

Also, teh mapsource i have is a couple of years old now - are there any updates available? Roads would be nice, but I was thinking more of the points of interest (restaruants, hotels, etc)?

The maps do not update that much, but the Mapsource "shell" has frequent updates that are available as downloads on the Garmin site. These updates add more functionality to the program.

One of the reasons I upgraded from my Vista, which I liked and which worked great, was because I wanted the faster USB connection on the Legend C and Vista C.

The maps do not update that much, but the Mapsource "shell" has frequent updates that are available as downloads on the Garmin site. These updates add more functionality to the program.

One of the reasons I upgraded from my Vista, which I liked and which worked great, was because I wanted the faster USB connection on the Legend C and Vista C.

Well...I just upgraded from a etrex legend to the etrex vista - mostly for the compass but it does all sorts of other neat things.

I'll kee the USB thing in mind for next time.