Invisible Shield And Case ! Warning

So, I got this nice 60CX and put the protective shield on it. Fine although not easy to get all the bubbles out.

When all was dry, I put the GPS in teh Garmin neoprene case, the one with a transparent lid.

When I tried to pull the GPS out to change the batteries, HORROR, the shield was sticking hard to the case ! My goshhh, I almost ripped off case and shield :rolleyes:

I had to rely on moistened Qtips to carefully separate the two !

SO be warned.

As a way around, I cut a piece of transparent plastic from a jacket and put it on the shield before inserting the GPS in the case.

So, I got this nice 60CX and put the protective shield on it. Fine although not easy to get all the bubbles out.

When all was dry, I put the GPS in teh Garmin neoprene case, the one with a transparent lid.

When I tried to pull the GPS out to change the batteries, HORROR, the shield was sticking hard to the case ! My goshhh, I almost ripped off case and shield :rolleyes:

SO be warned.

As a way around, I cut a piece of transparent plastic from a jacket and put it on the shield before inserting the GPS in the case.

:unsure:

To get all the bubbles out of the screen protector use a credit card.

Although my neoprene case does stick, it only takes slight pressure to remove the GPSr.

SO be warned.

:unsure:

To get all the bubbles out of the screen protector use a credit card.

Although my neoprene case does stick, it only takes slight pressure to remove the GPSr.

Credit card or debit card, which bank ? :unsure:

Off course I did use it, yet you still have some but fortunatly it goes away overtime. The plastic used for the shield seems to be porous.

The Garmin neoprene case is indeed less convenient than the one you showned. It is tight and a pain because you have to insert the GPS from the case botom and thread in the lanyard.

I too have the exact same setup (Invisible Shield and neoprene case) and I noticed they both "glue" together, but as stora said, a slight pressure up with the fingers will separate the two easily.

I didn't break anything...

I'm curious. If you're using a neoprene case, why are you using the invisibleShield? The screen protector is redundant if the neoprene case covers the screen.

Better have a double insurance ! Many time I carry the GPS without the case as you need to remove it to install the GPS in the windshield mount I have in the car.

I'm curious. If you're using a neoprene case, why are you using the invisibleShield? The screen protector is redundant if the neoprene case covers the screen.

Dust tends to enter the case and remain between the case and the screen.

If dust happens to be abrasive, you'll get a nice Csx screen with bad scratches.

I experienced it with my cell phone.

So case is good to protect if nothing else than the proper device it is supposed to protect goes inside too, otherwise it may become worse than no protection at all.

pyt22fr

Edited by pyt22fr

Same destination/same problem (I'm sure Canada had nothing to do with it, though :D )

I called ShieldZone, and they say it's their recommendation to not use the plastic covering cases, and said most people just cut the plastic out.

Not being like most people, I just wipe a little baby powder on the screen and inner case window, dust that out and no big problems.

I have to say ShieldZone has been top notch in their customer service. I've had a couple of defective covers (one was leeching adhesive thru, one had a optical "prizm effect")...both times no questions... sent out the replacement.

Looks like the third time is a charm :mad:

Z

I am in Canada and it takes 14 bussiness days to get it to my place...of course i went through the free shipping method. but i have a 60CSX and i ordered the 60 series...but now there are still space gaps on both sides...i thought it would be EXACT dimension right? cuz on Garmin website i read the specs for all of it...and the dimension state the same...so i dont know whats up...

I wrote and email to Invisible Shield staff and tell my situation...and they never reply back...really slow support or just ignoring me...I could return it cuz they guarantee 30 money back...i just say it doesnt fit

The Invisible Shield for my MAP60CSx is a bit narrower and shorter than the screen, but it easily covers all of the display area. I guess Shieldzone have cut the plastic smaller (by about 1.5mm-2.0mm) so there is no chance of an overhanging edge which would get dirty and eventually peel off.

The Invisible Shield for my MAP60CSx is a bit narrower and shorter than the screen, but it easily covers all of the display area. I guess Shieldzone have cut the plastic smaller (by about 1.5mm-2.0mm) so there is no chance of an overhanging edge which would get dirty and eventually peel off.

well my got 2 gaps from both sides...and am not happy at it is exposed that much

Whats the difference between an invisishield and a regular screen protector?I looked at the site and $10 each seems a little steep.For my last 2 gps units I have just taken screen protectors meant for pda which I have a bunch of and made some measurements and cut them down to size.This seems to work pretty well and a cheap option.I the invisishield a really thick plastic or pretty much the same?

Whats the difference between an invisishield and a regular screen protector?I looked at the site and $10 each seems a little steep.For my last 2 gps units I have just taken screen protectors meant for pda which I have a bunch of and made some measurements and cut them down to size.This seems to work pretty well and a cheap option.I the invisishield a really thick plastic or pretty much the same?

with the invisible screen protector....they guarranty no scratch and will replace for LIFE if it ever does...well i tried to use my stylus and do a little test and there are LINES that are shown....like a MARK!! so i am kind of upset lol

The fact that you made a "bunch", and are speaking in plurals, is the difference.

Regular PDA screen protectors don't last.

Do you guys put plastic shields on the UV or polarized filters you use to protect your camera lens? Serioiusly, I've been carrying my old GPS IIIplus in my pocket, and in with LOTS of other HARD junk in my laptop carrying case, for about 10 years, or however long ago they came out. Just checked the screen, and there's not a scratch on it.

i am still waiting for the invisible shield staff for their responds...they are just not good at replying fast...i think i will send it back for full refund! good product...but extremely bad service support for my case

I've had good luck w/ emails from them...might want to send again...the postman may have lost it :D

Z

i am still waiting for the invisible shield staff for their responds...they are just not good at replying fast...i think i will send it back for full refund! good product...but extremely bad service support for my case

I've had good luck w/ emails from them...might want to send again...the postman may have lost it :D

Z

got a replied after like 2 DAYS!!!

I had the Invisible Shield on my eXplorist 600, and now I've got one on my CSx. It's been there for several months and I love it. I haven't gotten a single bubble-- you can't even tell there's a protector on it! And the newer ones come with a little plastic doohickey and a liquid solution so you don't even need a credit card, water or soap :D

(Coincidentally, I just put a brand new Invisible Shield for a 60C(s)/60C(s)x in our newest cache, in case any of you SoCal folks are interested :lol:)