60csx Autorouting

I have noticed that sometimes I get very little warning on the last warning for a turn/exit. Some freeway exits are really long, resulting in the final warning bell being sounded after I have passed the point of being able to enter that lane. Also, some cross streets off of surface roads give very little warning. I'd like to know the turn was coming up before entering the intersection.

It would be nice to be able to increase the amount of time a warning is issued, perhaps in percentage increments.

I have noticed that sometimes I get very little warning on the last warning for a turn/exit. Some freeway exits are really long, resulting in the final warning bell being sounded after I have passed the point of being able to enter that lane. Also, some cross streets off of surface roads give very little warning. I'd like to know the turn was coming up before entering the intersection.

It would be nice to be able to increase the amount of time a warning is issued, perhaps in percentage increments.

Agreed. I've been caught out a few times when the warning has come to late for me to change lanes.

Yep, Garmin screwed this up I think, in 2.5 I think. It gave longer warning before that revision.

I want more warning too. At some meeting someone must have said they thought it was too long so they shortened it./??

Agreed. I've been caught out a few times when the warning has come to late for me to change lanes.

You're not going to believe this but I had a chance to try out the 60CSx with a Nuvi 350 on a trip and both of the gps units indicated a turn coming in unison and when it was time to turn they both indicated it...again in unison. So if they're pretty consistent with one another. Surprised the heck out of me because I felt the same as you.

I also agree the warning is to short - having moved from the Quest to the 60CSx; it's really noticeable.

I use it (them both) mounted on a motorbike handlebar - and my habits for a quick check, formed from extensive use of the Quest - where way out of kilter on the 60CSx.

Also, I'm very very very disappointed that when downloading routs to the unit, the directions information is lost. Not a problem if it's just calculated; but if you've used the routing tool it is a really shame (and, No!, I don't want to just use piles of waypoints!!!)

Otherwise, it really is an excellant unit - and I'm sure both the above can be fixed in firmware...

I also agree the warning is to short - having moved from the Quest to the 60CSx; it's really noticeable.

I use it (them both) mounted on a motorbike handlebar - and my habits for a quick check, formed from extensive use of the Quest - where way out of kilter on the 60CSx.

Also, I'm very very very disappointed that when downloading routs to the unit, the directions information is lost. Not a problem if it's just calculated; but if you've used the routing tool it is a really shame (and, No!, I don't want to just use piles of waypoints!!!)

Otherwise, it really is an excellant unit - and I'm sure both the above can be fixed in firmware...

I agree with you all, they should make it the same as the previous 60/76 units or make it adjustable by the user. I have emailed Garmin about this requesting them to change it. I would encourage all of you to do so as well. The more people they hear from, the more seriously they will consider making the changes.

I had the same problem, the warning came on way too late.

If you upgrade the software and gps software to the latest 2.9/ (i think 2.6 or 2.7) then this corrects the problem. I find now, however, that sometimes it comes on to early. The faster you are going, the earlier it warns you. Automatic Single beep for "its coming up" and automatic multibeep for "Turn NOW!"

If you upgrade the software and gps software to the latest 2.9/ (i think 2.6 or 2.7) then this corrects the problem. I find now, however, that sometimes it comes on to early. The faster you are going, the earlier it warns you. Automatic Single beep for "its coming up" and automatic multibeep for "Turn NOW!"

I have the latest revisions 2.9/2.6

Glad to hear it isn't just me. Apparently it's everyone except 5thwheelfinders :laughing:

I have the latest revisions 2.9/2.6

Glad to hear it isn't just me. Apparently it's everyone except 5thwheelfinders :laughing:

I'm using the latest fixes... but have the problem on my bike...

(maybe Garmin are in cahoots with the traffic police and are trying to get me to slow down?)

You're not going to believe this but I had a chance to try out the 60CSx with a Nuvi 350 on a trip and both of the gps units indicated a turn coming in unison and when it was time to turn they both indicated it...again in unison. So if they're pretty consistent with one another. Surprised the heck out of me because I felt the same as you.

I was in a car in which two people had auto-routing units running: a Vista C and a 60CSx. The 60CSx beeps were about 5 seconds behind the Vista C's beeps. For the final "turn NOW" indicator, the Vista C beeped just before the intersection, but 60CSx beeped right at the intersection. There was a definite noticeable difference.

I've been noticing that the warnings seem to be variable, either as a function of the posted road speed or actual speed (can't tell), but on local roads they are say .1 mi then some # of feet, whereas on highways, they are much futher out.. has anyone figured out how it's working? (e.g. speed vs. warning)...

(doesn't seem to be user controllable, but is variable.... )