Historic Buildings

I would like to see a new category added that covers buildings not in current categories. I have 2 Waymarks I want to list but can't find a place to put them. I had in mind "Historic Buildings" The Waymarks I want to create are not on any historical marker list but are just interesting. I am sure there are loads of old buildings out there that don't fit any current categories.

I would like to see a new category added that covers buildings not in current categories. I have 2 Waymarks I want to list but can't find a place to put them. I had in mind "Historic Buildings" The Waymarks I want to create are not on any historical marker list but are just interesting. I am sure there are loads of old buildings out there that don't fit any current categories.

Maybe you could post a little more detail or pictures of these. The potential problem is that there are hundreds of thousands of buildings that aren't designated as historic so age or interesting alone may not be enough. Perhaps you can provide us a little more detail so we know what your thoughts are.

JD

Maybe you could post a little more detail or pictures of these. The potential problem is that there are hundreds of thousands of buildings that aren't designated as historic so age or interesting alone may not be enough. Perhaps you can provide us a little more detail so we know what your thoughts are.

JD

The 2 buildings I had in mind are the first and second hotels opened by Conrad Hilton. The first hotel is now abandoned but still standing in Cisco, Texas. The second is much more elaborate and located in San Angelo, Texas. It is currently being used to house a cafe and bistro, a couple of offices, and a radio station. The lobby is quite beautiful. The ballroom is used for wedding receptions and other events.

The 2 buildings I had in mind are the first and second hotels opened by Conrad Hilton. The first hotel is now abandoned but still standing in Cisco, Texas. The second is much more elaborate and located in San Angelo, Texas. It is currently being used to house a cafe and bistro, a couple of offices, and a radio station. The lobby is quite beautiful. The ballroom is used for wedding receptions and other events.

If I have identified the first building correctly (Mobley Hotel, 4th Street and Conrad Hilton Avenue) it should be able to be listed in two categories. According to the web it had a historical marker placed in 1970, so if you can find it you should be able to list in Texas Historical Markers. The Hotel is also listed on the National Registry of Historic Places, so it could be listed in that category.

The second if it is at 36 E. Twohig, is also listed on the National Registry of Historic Places as Hilton Hotel aka Hotel Cactus, it should be listed in that category.

Edited by BruceS