New Cache Planted

i planted a cache a few weeks ago. its like 300 miles away from my home. so i have someone maintaining it for me. im gona plant another one within ten miles of my house. i was wondering how often should i check on it. once a month? once a year? when someone says the logs full? how often do u check on your hidden caches??

Thanks for the help

Findandhide

i planted a cache a few weeks ago. its like 300 miles away from my home. so i have someone maintaining it for me. im gona plant another one within ten miles of my house. i was wondering how often should i check on it. once a month? once a year? when someone says the logs full? how often do u check on your hidden caches??

Just read the logs and you'll know when! :rolleyes:

How will you determine that it has been muggled? :unsure::rolleyes::unsure:

Check your email!

Team Whale muggled Your New Cache (Traditional Cache) at 7/5/2006

Log Date: 7/5/2006

[:unsure:] We muggled your cache. TELNBL.

Visit this log entry at the below address:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LU...04-gg9b40a51802

Visit Traditional Cache

Your New Cache

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...cb-58670240cdc6

Profile for Team Whale:

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=23...a0-b6336bdbf27b

But seriously, you visit the cache as often as you feel you need to. I try to get to each of mine at least once a year, and whenever someone mentions an issue that needs dealing with.

The key however is to make sure you respond promptly to reported problems.

That is indeed my rule of thumb. I try to place them in a manner so that they stay safe from the elements, but things do happen. I only visit the out of the way caches I have hidden when there is a reported problem, for example DNF's, wet logs, etc.

There are no hard and fast rules on how often you must visit them, it's not like they're lonely :rolleyes: Let your conscience be your guide.

I've got a cache in Wewahitchka, Florida; 300 miles from my house in Atlanta. (I visit the area every few months or so.) I sometimes go 4-5 months without maintaining it if nobody's complained about something or given a DNF. Sometimes it even goes for months w/o a find. The only time I've done real maintenance was last year when the plastic container cracked and the rains from some hurricane drenched the cache and washed away some of the contents. (lucky the cache hadn't gone far.)