The Power Abuser Reviewers

How's the job application for "greeter" going?

:rolleyes:

Very funny but an unnecessary slam on Wal-Mart greeters, my mother is one, OK not really but you didn't know that. :unsure:

You are quite correct. My apologies to all Wal-Mart greeters. Oh, and sorry for messing with your lamp posts, too.

Somehow, I have the distinct impression that the reviewers that get the most complaints are the ones that are doing the best job. Of course this is just a theory, but it is most likely the case 90% of the time.

Another theory I have is that the amount that a person exaggerates is directly proportional to how angry they are... :anicute:

Edit - changed best to best

Edited by 4wheelin_fool

The troll has spoken.

Flush the thread... sheesh...

Oh, yeah. Y'all are having too much fun...

OT: I've been a Geocacher since way, WAY back... but rarely a forum reader/poster.

What is it with the PIG?

What is the PIG-thing?

Why don't I know about the PIG?

Do I want to know about the PIG?

We generally try to keep The Pig contained in the Off Topic section, he does less damage that way, but either way, if you do encounter The Pig, don't eat anything he offers.

Another theory I have is that the amount that a person exaggerates complains is directly proportional to how angry wrong they are... :anicute:

Fixed that for ya, no charge. :grin:

Okay that's not your theory, it's mine.

OT: Reviewers are bad uhm-kay?

206_detention_mackey.gif

Edited by Tharagleb

OK, seriously, time to self moderate everyone.

Despite the original poster's attitude and personal feelings, he does hide some caches in some good places. He is close to me but I haven't had a chance to find his caches yet. I am sure that when I do they will be great finds. I love the Silver Comet Trail so maybe J.C. and I will stroll out to them and see if we can get a smiley.

I know its tough getting denied. Not only is the most recent cache in question in a GA State Park, but it could also be considered a vacation cache of sorts. It is pretty far away from his base. Still, the problem is with not with the reviewer but rather with the wishes of the local property managers. We can place caches in some state parks, but they require strict permission. There is nothing we as reviewers can do about that issue other than what we have done with our work within the GGA. We were banned in the State Parks at one point. Ironically, Erik did a lot of the work involved in getting us back in the GA State Parks.

It is probably time to let this one rest. Despite my humor from earlier, anyone who knows me knows that if your cache passes the guidelines it gets listed. If not, it doesn't. We don't do our volunteer work personally, even after being called names and such. We won't work too long for Hydee if we are not objective.

slowmojo, come to a GGA meeting when you can. Join our GGA Forums. You will find that we are just people, just like yourself. Maybe we will pass on the Comet Trail one day. If so, I would enjoy a chat with you.

Despite my humor from earlier, anyone who knows me knows that if your cache passes the guidelines it gets listed. If not, it doesn't. We don't do our volunteer work personally, even after being called names and such.

Especially if it looks kinda like a bomb dangling under a downtown bridge, right? :anicute: I remember going around and around with you on one of my old ones!

Keep up the good work, fuzzy reviewer -- and all those other better-shaven ones, too!

OK now I'm going to be serious, all the name calling in the recent post was just for fun, but my thread I still stand by. Today we talked to a Ranger at the State Park, which should have never had to happen. The cache is clearly outside the park like I tried to explain to the reviewer and he wouldn't have it. We know this park very well, because we spend a lot of time there. I even sent him a map showing him that it was outside the park. See you guys don't see all this, all you see are the reviewers notes. It has been this way almost every time I submit a cache. Now some of you might see where I'm coming from when I said reviewers want to play God with the game. My family and I really enjoy playing the game and we do play by the rules, I admit we have made some mistakes along the way, if you all would tell the truth you have to. Making mistakes is the only way you can learn. After taking so much of this you sort of get a sour taste in you're mouth, and it can take the fun out of the game. Caching is very fun done alone or as a family and reviewers/other cachers should be encouraging growth in the game not discouraging it. Now I'm gonna give you the coords to the cache, it was a cool little multi where you had to go inside the park to get your info and out to get your smiley. The cache is at N 34 44.572 W 084 42.645 FTF can have it. :laughing:

I am confused. The only cache page at the above coordinates is a non-published virtual dated 4/20/06 from the op. Could the start of all the problems be this line on the cache page.

This is a easy two stage multi virtual. We decided to do this one to share our favorite place with others????

Edited by LaPaglia

Now I'm gonna give you the coords to the cache, it was a cool little multi where you had to go inside the park to get your info and out to get your smiley. The cache is at N 34 44.572 W 084 42.645 FTF can have it. :laughing:

We aren't privy to all the communications between you and your reviewer, but based on those coords, I can definitely see the concern. I show that only 50 feet from the park's boundaries. Photos might clear up boundary issues. I submitted photos one time to show there was a clear boundary between my cache and a nearby railroad. The cache was then approved. But I didn't get upset with the reviewer for questioning it.

We also don't know the details of the legs in the multi. Anyway, it looks like there are probably valid concerns about this cache. I am sure they can be cleared up if you work with the reviewer.

OK now I'm going to be serious, all the name calling in the recent post was just for fun,

Let me see if I understand this.

You come into the forums, bash a volunteer reviewer, call every one who has tried to understand your point names, refuse to give details, and this is all for fun?

Can some one give me the definition of "TROLL"?

For a while I've refrained from visiting the forums but today took a peek.

I am astonished that there is a rant against Erik, if it's the same Erik who reviews Thailand. I have asked my priest if I might begin the process to sanctify him. With my sidekick Dunderhead, we are total newbies, and really never had much idea about hiding.

The patience of Erik has been ion par with Job's.

I recall one occasion I kept screwing up the co-ordinates and he never lost his cool, only said, "I'm getting a bit confused".

He also gave me advice on how to write html and also praised one of my efforts.

Cannot be the same guy , can it? or has the OP some odd agenda, or odd perceptions.

OK now I'm going to be serious, all the name calling in the recent post was just for fun, but my thread I still stand by. Today we talked to a Ranger at the State Park, which should have never had to happen. The cache is clearly outside the park like I tried to explain to the reviewer and he wouldn't have it. We know this park very well, because we spend a lot of time there. I even sent him a map showing him that it was outside the park. See you guys don't see all this, all you see are the reviewers notes. It has been this way almost every time I submit a cache. Now some of you might see where I'm coming from when I said reviewers want to play God with the game. My family and I really enjoy playing the game and we do play by the rules, I admit we have made some mistakes along the way, if you all would tell the truth you have to. Making mistakes is the only way you can learn. After taking so much of this you sort of get a sour taste in you're mouth, and it can take the fun out of the game. Caching is very fun done alone or as a family and reviewers/other cachers should be encouraging growth in the game not discouraging it. Now I'm gonna give you the coords to the cache, it was a cool little multi where you had to go inside the park to get your info and out to get your smiley. The cache is at N 34 44.572 W 084 42.645 FTF can have it. :anicute:

:laughing: So in the first post when you refered to power abusers that play god for amusement, you were talking about a reviewer questioning cache(s) near park boundries that plotted out on the wrong side on whatever map he/shes uses?

If it's a multi where you first go inside the park for a clue and then outside the park for the cache, isn't part of it inside the park? The guideline about getting permission applies to the entire cache, not just the final stage.

Was that the part that was the problem? I understand the park manager may not have had a problem with a stage inside the park that was just "read the sign" or something like that---but if that was the case, all you had to do was to get the park manager to give you (written?) permisssion to have that stage there, and all would have been well.

If your reviewer wanted to see some permission for a stage located in a place that needs permission, they weren't acting out of line at all--they were doing their job.

I just got a nice email from slowmojo. He asked about closing the topic so I will close it for him. I'm betting I can coax him out to a GGA meeting. :laughing: Like I said earlier, he does good hides and is a good local cacher. I bet once he gets to know Erik better he will see how nice of a guy he is, well except for his evil cache hides.

Out to caching all!