City Navigator North America V8 Update Available?

Ordered Today! disk to arrive in 7-10 days via First Class Mail. Then you go to the Website and unlock the maps.

Ok, I noticed that the ship date is July 26, 2006. So I will order mine today. I am glad that they made the release date April. I unlocked City Select 7 at the end of May. :lol:

Ordered Today! disk to arrive in 7-10 days via First Class Mail. Then you go to the Website and unlock the maps.

Please check back and let us know how the upgrade goes. There have been several posts on alt.satellite.gps.garmin that the unlock process isn't working properly. Thanks.

Yes, I am wondering about the update process myself. I unlocked City Select 7 at the end of May. I have an email form Garmin that states the system would "automatically know" I am entitled to update to CN 8. I am sure you know how those types of things go. I will definitely let everyone know how the upgrade process went.

Looks like the preferred NT version wont come out till the end of august.

I cant find anywhere to by the full version on the garmin site (the full NT version that is).

Does anyone have a link? I did find the link for the UPDATE NT version but not the full version.

They wont let me update my 60csx to the NT version for some reason.

Garmin lists it as available and says you can get a free upgrade if you purchased on or after April 5.

Garmin Map Updates

Looks like the preferred NT version wont come out till the end of august.

I cant find anywhere to by the full version on the garmin site (the full NT version that is).

Does anyone have a link? I did find the link for the UPDATE NT version but not the full version.

They wont let me update my 60csx to the NT version for some reason.

Garmin lists it as available and says you can get a free upgrade if you purchased on or after April 5.

Garmin Map Updates

Cool just ordered my free update City Nav V8 for free. Nice of them to move the date as far as April. I bought mine in May.

Please check back and let us know how the upgrade goes. There have been several posts on alt.satellite.gps.garmin that the unlock process isn't working properly. Thanks.

Ok, today was the day that I received my City Navigator 8 (non-NT). I inserted the disk and ran the setup.exe. The update was flawless. At one point is listed:

Date Original Redeemed 05/25/2006

Update Release Date 04/05/2006

Next, I came to a screen that had a radio button ticked. It stated that I was ordering the Navigator Update Unlock code. It even listed a price of $0.00. So I proceeded. I got my Unlock code and started using the program. I looked at some places and noticed more POIs. I don't know if they listed new POIs over old, defunct POIs. Either way, it went well....for me.

I got mine day before yesterday havent tried to install yet... do I just put the new disk in and it installs over V7???

I installed mine last night and it looks like once installed that CSv7 is kept seperate from CNv8, which I like. That way I am not having to use the bigger map segments on my 60c.

Edited by Castanea