Performance Hit Loading Too Many Maps?

I thought I read somewhere that performance can suffer if too many map areas are loaded at once into the memory card.

This might make sense as the map data is stored in one large file on the card, but as the builtin memory is so much smaller it must either read directly from the file or page small areas of it as used.

I have a 1Gb card installed and currently the whole of UK and Ireland is about 120Mb. Obvioulsy I could go and add most of Europe, but just wondered about this performance question.........

I thought I read somewhere that performance can suffer if too many map areas are loaded at once into the memory card.

when tempertures reach 105 degrees F or more it becomes a slug. I thought mine was locked up, so I turned the unit off and on but the performance was the same. Also, I've experienced slowness in normal temps of 50 - 75 degrees when pressing the find button. It got irritating but I've learned to live with it.

Loading lots of maps will slow down the FIND feature because it has so many more records to search through.

Don't know about the mapping aspects, though.

GeoBC

I think its the POI's that cause the occasional slow downs.. The slow downs do exsist with the larger card but its always on the find key and I blame it on the POI's it has to run through.

I have about 800MBs of maps loaded on my 76CSX and I have not noticed a performance hit as far as using the maps. I havn't tried the find function though.