President Bush Get Geo Coin From My Son

Wow. This is so cool. I am so jealous of your family! You lucky bastages!

What an honor that must have been. It reminds me that good things still happen to good people.

Unfortunately this thread tells me that too many liberal scumbags geocache. It's too bad that people can't be respectful towards your family and their priviledge to meet the leader and protector of the free world.

I also submit that if you or anyone posted a similar story concerning John Kerry (you know he served in Vietnam?) or Albert Gore Jr, no one would have posted a derogitory statement, even though it may have crossed some minds. Like mine. Just goes to show you what side of the aisle has more respect for their opponents and their acheivements.

Again congratulations.

Eric

Edited by Marcie/Eric

Cool, but the trackable on geocaching.com bit looks Photoshopped on. I don't remember seeing this as a trackable coin design either. Not that I don't doubt it is your family coin but I'm not sure if it is exactly a Geocaching.com geocoin.

Here is the Infamous Coin

1c61d0c6-fff9-4786-a19d-1929f9fe12d3.jpg

Wow. This is so cool. I am so jealous of your family! You lucky bastages!

What an honor that must have been. It reminds me that good things still happen to good people.

Unfortunately this thread tells me that too many liberal scumbags geocache. It's too bad that people can't be respectful towards your family and their priviledge to meet the leader and protector of the free world.

I also submit that if you or anyone posted a similar story concerning John Kerry (you know he served in Vietnam?) or Albert Gore Jr, no one would have posted a derogitory statement, even though it may have crossed some minds. Like mine. Just goes to show you what side of the aisle has more respect for their opponents and their acheivements.

Again congratulations.

Eric

If you read the entire thread one person has already been asked to stop making political comments in a thread where they are not needed. Some of them even went back and deleted their posts out of respect, perhaps you should do the same. Geocachers come from all walks of life and do not have a common view of politics, so stop trying to lump us together to create a scape goat.

Edited by magellan315

I didn't make a political comment, I made on obvious observation, then I commented on others political statements.

I will not retract anything. Like the NY times, eh?

This is exactly the response from the liberal scumbag when it was pointed out to him that his political comments were off topic to the thread. Off-topic is off-topic no matter your politics.

Edited by tozainamboku

Cool, but the trackable on geocaching.com bit looks Photoshopped on. I don't remember seeing this as a trackable coin design either. Not that I don't doubt it is your family coin but I'm not sure if it is exactly a Geocaching.com geocoin.

First congrats! to the young son, this is a great achievement. After looking at the above post, I can see how it could be photoshopped - Here is the link to the coin, which made me wonder even more -

Coin link

Did anyone else notice that the icon that is found on this cache page is a "spinning coin" and not a personal coin icon? :laughing:

:laughing:

I utilize Photoshop everyday in my work and it is quite easy to tell that the tracking number is not originally part of the coin. The size proportion is wrong. The words are skewed. The color around the tracking number is off and the texture does not match. Then to add to it the icon is from the Spinning geocoin.

It is great you son did meet the President but what is up with this coin?

the coin does it spin or not?

Oh ya congrats dude on meeting the Grand Pooba.

It doesn't look like this coin spins at all

If you stood it up on the roundy end and gave it a flick, it would probably spin.

Ya all things do that

the pig doesn't.

I don't wanna know. :laughing:

I utilize Photoshop everyday in my work and it is quite easy to tell that the tracking number is not originally part of the coin. The size proportion is wrong. The words are skewed. The color around the tracking number is off and the texture does not match. Then to add to it the icon is from the Spinning geocoin.

It is great you son did meet the President but what is up with this coin?

I have seen one of these coins in person, and the size/proportion of the tracking number is just fine, if you understand that these coins are HUGE! Seriously, they are nothing like any other coin you haved seen. They are about the size of a large man's palm. I saw one at an event about a year ago. No need to cast any sort of shadow of doubt.

P.S. A while back, before all of the new coins were so readily available, you could take any item and after purchasing a TB tag, engrave that tag's number onto an object to create your own personal TB/Coin. I know many people did that because they wanted unique TBs, and that was the only way to really do it and have it trackable. At least at that time.

I just sat here and read over all the posts again, and frankly I am very disappointed in some of my fellow Geocachers. This guy posted on here, excited about his son's accomplishment, and has been harped on from every angle....from political angles to nit-picking the coin.

All I can say is shame, shame. I expected more out of you all.

Once again, Taliban Hunter....you should be VERY PROUD of your son! Not many people EVER have the opportunity to meet the president as an adult, yet alone as a young man!

I just sat here and read over all the posts again, and frankly I am very disappointed in some of my fellow Geocachers. This guy posted on here, excited about his son's accomplishment, and has been harped on from every angle....from political angles to nit-picking the coin.

Whatever. :blink:

The great majority of cachers posting to this thread expressed their congratulations.

Once again, Taliban Hunter....you should be VERY PROUD of your son! Not many people EVER have the opportunity to meet the president as an adult, yet alone as a young man!

Your misreading my post I think it is great that his son got such recognition but the graphic is odd. I’m not doubting that his son got recognized or anything just wondering why the photo is off. If it actually engraved by hand on the coin and photo was made to show an example of where the tracking number is then fine. I’m just wondering why the tracking numbers look like they were placed on top.

Well, I have the database right here and this particular coin doesn't seem to be tracked on Geocaching.com. If there was a misspelling or something it would be nitpicking.

Thanks dad.

Totally. Which makes it kind of weird that the accomplishment could be shadowed by a slight bit of photoshop work. It's just plain weird to me why the code was added to the coin instead of just pointing out it was a family coin. Maybe it is engraved with a regular TB code or something but I'd like to hear from the OP so I understand it better.

Here is the real deal. Yes the story is real. Yes the coin is real. Yes it a trackable coin.....sort of.

This is a military challange coin that was awarded to my family a few years back. When I found out my son was getting the award from the POTUS I did not have time to get a new Geo coin set up to give to him so what I did was this. I only had 48 hrs advance notice of his arrival.

At a recent event I won a new "Spin Coin". It was never in circulation. So I took the "Track this coin on www.geocachin.com" wording and the " Tracking code for the Spin Coin I had" and I super glued the wording on the coin.

1. THe coin is real

2. The coin can be tracked on www.geocaching.com (because it is a valid tracking#)

3. Yes the story is true.

Did I do something wrong? I apolgize if I did.

If I have violated the rules in any way of have violated some copyright I will fix it.

Thanks for everyone kind words. Benny Jr is still on cloud 9.

Did I do something wrong? I apolgize if I did.

If I have violated the rules in any way of have violated some copyright I will fix it.

Nah, nothing wrong with that that I can think of. It just looked fishy to some people. Thanks for the explanation and congrats to your son.

I don't expect anything from people that way I'm not dissapointed

1-Step Closer and Taliban Hunter, I can't remember if we congratulated you on any of the other group forums or not, but, let us take the opportunity now!

CONGRATULATIONS to Benny, Jr. for his accomplishments!

Jeremy says the coins okay, SO, it's okay!!

It is a shame that people can't stay on topic and see the post for what it is, a father proud of his son being recognized by the President of the United States. As you said TH, Too Cool!!!! :laughing:

Great honor for a young man to continue building his character upon!

And thanks go to his parents for instilling the values in a young man who will continue to give to others, whether he was recognized or not!

Most Geocachers have a hard time figuring out how to be steathy, must be hard to be a geocacher and a president.

He could have the secret service clear a 500ft radius around the cache, That'd solve the problem

I had this image of walking down the trail and two guys in black with mirrired shades step out of the brush "Excuse me sir, this trail is closed"

Then from the distance you hear, "Yeehaw, Found it!. Hey Dick, Condi, it's over here"

Congratulations Benny. Well Done.